Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Here is a visual one.

With the ability to change helm appearance with the rabbit hat thingy, is it reasonable to assume we might get customizable armor skins at some point?
    But that's not a question about visuals, it's a question about systems!

(I should also specify that I don't work on aaaaaaaall the game's visuals. Landscapes are my specialty, but I also construct dungeons and other interior spaces.)

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    (I should also specify that I don't work on aaaaaaaall the game's visuals. Landscapes are my specialty, but I also construct dungeons and other interior spaces.)
    Okay so when are the Coin Lords going to pay you to fix that broken plank on the bridge in the Harbor?

Well I tried!

Quote Originally Posted by DANTEIL View Post
    Okay so when are the Coin Lords going to pay you to fix that broken plank on the bridge in the Harbor?
    The coinlords claim that the broken plank on the Harbor bridge "adds character". The cheapskates.

Keeper, if I would build a list of older dungeons that could use a bit of polish, that would be in your area of expertise, would it?
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Wink

Dev reply to Monk threads = 000.
    I hope you DEV´s try play monk in Llamania, then even try replying to threads about monk.
    They need some DEV love, cause well ...
    Check it yourself. ( both threads & playing update 5/6 )
    How many dwarves does it take to screw in a lightbulb ?!?
    Three. Two to get a ladder under it, one to try to climb up until he realizes the ladder is bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    Keeper, if I would build a list of older dungeons that could use a bit of polish, that would be in your area of expertise, would it?
    Oh, I would LOVE to polish up some of our older dungeons! Alas, I am not the boss of my time, so I can't just up and decide to fix 'em. But be my guest and make that list. I would be curious to see if it matches my own wish-list.

And you do a terrific job, may I say.

I would also say you are the reason I'm still playing this game. It certainly isn't the combat systems.

Oh, I would LOVE to polish up some of our older dungeons! Alas, I am not the boss of my time, so I can't just up and decide to fix 'em. But be my guest and make that list. I would be curious to see if it matches my own wish-list.
    Most of the list would be the early dark and gloomy quests like Necropolis I (unless it's been polished since I last visited it). Running those quests get me thinking "Dammit. I'm getting sick of those gray corridors filled with undead. What's next? Joy. Another gray corridor filled with undeads."

I don't know but it seems to me that adding a little more details and color to those dungeons would make them less insanely monotonous...

That is not to say there wouldn't be other types of quests - a few early quests sometimes have other flaws - but most of the list will probably consist of many dark, gloomy dungeons from the two first years because they are the ones who could benefit from it the most IMO.

I'll try to get it done, but I'm not VIP anymore so I can't access some dungeons who probably need polish like Necropolis and Catacombs.
    Last edited by Borror0; 06-18-2010 at 01:29 PM.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Keeper, does it break your heart a little bit every time some one casts incindiary cloud? its makes our computers lose sight of all that work. either that or my computer just rolls a one on the graphics with incindiary cloud, lol

Also what landscape are you most proud of?
    I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight troller. sure didnt want to hurt velah!

Quote Originally Posted by D-molisher View Post
    Dev reply to Monk threads = 000.
    I hope you DEV´s try play monk in Llamania, then even try replying to threads about monk.
    They need some DEV love, cause well ...
    Check it yourself. ( both threads & playing update 5/6 )
    Everyone has a knack of posting in threads that concern them... as such this can make me safely assume NOBODY is working on monks.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to keep me tame.
    Thelanis
    Toons: Diclonius, Sempresno, Slitmuno, Slitmdos, Slitmtres, Skyfe, Calcatrix, Marcosias, Sumona, Tarokian, Etc.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    Were you involved in the placement of/textures/art for the new airship towers? i am have some regrettably uncharitable things to say about them.
    well I would sign that, as it seems some of us would like to see them at least a little bit pimped from how they are integrated into their environment
    * We have collectable bags, mind you, even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    well I would sign that, as it seems some of us would like to see them at least a little bit pimped from how they are integrated into their environment
    Well, they look AWFUL, and they don't make sense. Stormreach shouldn't be littered with towers like Sharn...

Far better to stick a small airship "dinghy" at a short mooring platform in the various wards.. that way you are taking a flight up to your guild airship and no misplaced towers required.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

YES, give the Devs MORE work ... hehehe ... No I mean, let them share our thoughts like we had for the Airship Towers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    Most of the list would be the early dark and gloomy quests like Necropolis I (unless it's been polished since I last visited it). Running those quests get me thinking "Dammit. I'm getting sick of those gray corridors filled with undead. What's next? Joy. Another gray corridor filled with undeads."...
    That is not to say there wouldn't be other types of quests - a few early quests sometimes have other flaws - but most of the list will probably consist of many dark, gloomy dungeons from the two first years because they are the ones who could benefit from it the most IMO.

I'll try to get it done, but I'm not VIP anymore so I can't access some dungeons who probably need polish like Necropolis and Catacombs.
    That sound nice, well, I would lend a hand Borror0 in case you need some screenies of that dungeon how they look currently ...

... uhhm but I guess we have to take care to not derail that thread too much in a 'spawn a developer for granting a wish' list I guess
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 06-18-2010 at 02:17 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, mind you, even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

DDO is king of the "cave dwelling" developers.
    Officer of SABBAT
    Mheet Jylian Callisto Rakio Kristoff

Quote Originally Posted by Fetchi View Post
    I would also say you are the reason I'm still playing this game.
    Awwwww, that's sweet of you to say.

Quote Originally Posted by k1dwizard View Post
    Also what landscape are you most proud of?
    At the moment, the Red Fens. Thanks for asking! I’ve been wanting to do a proper verdant wetland, rather than the standard icky dark mucky miserable swamp-monster swamp that is so often seen in fantasy settings. Wetlands are vastly underappreciated for both their beauty and their utility. They have such a undeserved bad reputation that they had to be re-branded as “water gardens” to get homeowners to include them in their landscapes. I’ll have to write about this in my blog sometime. . . perhaps once I’m back from my vacation.

airship tower feedback
    Sorry guys, I’ve already read the (angry ranty) feedback on the airship towers, and I’m not going to touch that topic in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by k1dwizard View Post
    Keeper, does it break your heart a little bit every time someone casts incendiary cloud?
    Heehee! Naw, it’s all a part of the game.

Hey, I’m going on vacation tomorrow! Life is good! You guys have a good week.

Quote Originally Posted by DANTEIL View Post
    Keeper, do you take bribes? If so, maybe we can come to an arrangement about widening the whole, and covering it with straw, as well as adding something particularly hungry all the way at the bottom...

Now, here's a question about dungeons: Do you guys have randomized trap assets you can now use, so that all the traps you lay down may or may not be there, or does this ability have to be coded by hand? (I like non-static traps by the way)

Also, are you able to make certain stuff like shrines appear (or not appear) on a given difficulty level? Like for example, could you make a shrine appear on epic that's not present on elite? (say, in Against the Demon Queen =) )

Have you considered creating a market-place-like-mechanics-wise public area (andscapey type deal) in which players can just walk around and have creatures spawn (out of sight) and wander around, and anyone being able to attack, without being in any groups? I remember having a HUGE amount of fun on Risia during this one event in which we all were fighting in the GH, and of course during the marketplace invasion. (The Risia one when we were suddenly allowed to also kill our "friends" with AoEs was also rich )
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post
    Keeper, do you take bribes? If so, maybe we can come to an arrangement about widening the whole, and covering it with straw, as well as adding something particularly hungry all the way at the bottom...
    Hahahahahahaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post
    Now, here's a question about dungeons: Do you guys have randomized trap assets you can now use, so that all the traps you lay down may or may not be there, or does this ability have to be coded by hand? (I like non-static traps by the way)

Also, are you able to make certain stuff like shrines appear (or not appear) on a given difficulty level? Like for example, could you make a shrine appear on epic that's not present on elite? (say, in Against the Demon Queen =) )

Have you considered creating a market-place-like-mechanics-wise public area (andscapey type deal) in which players can just walk around and have creatures spawn (out of sight) and wander around, and anyone being able to attack, without being in any groups? I remember having a HUGE amount of fun on Risia during this one event in which we all were fighting in the GH, and of course during the marketplace invasion. (The Risia one when we were suddenly allowed to also kill our "friends" with AoEs was also rich )
    These questions you ask. . . are all about systems, not visuals. I can't comment on most of them.

But the traps thing. . . we do have the capability to somewhat randomize traps. I did that in Tomb of ther Shadow Guard and Maze of Madness. The reason we don't do it more often is that randomized spawns are a testing headache. It's a choice between making three different sorts of cool traps, or making one trap that spawns in one of three locations.

Others that post.
    Patience is Meghan Rodberg
    Clover_LuckyLeaf is Suzie Owen (Community Team)
    Tolero is Merlask
    Tarrant is just Evil.
    Marketroid - Adam Mersky

Sig (Online Operations)

Knockback - Developer

Duwis - The Webkobold
    Gharet - The Webgoblin

QuarterMasterC - DDO Store

Codog (is he still around, I think last time we asked he was busy building a castle Bunkbed or something)

And Above all the Cube is to be worshipped and reverred, we do not question the cube, for it is perfect.
    Last edited by GoldyGopher; 06-18-2010 at 02:34 PM.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    Marketroid - Adam Mersky
    Codog (is he still around, I think last time we asked he was busy building a castle Bunked or something)
    Adam Mersky, link added.

Codog has been gone for a while. Somebody posted a link to his LinkedIn profile after he left, I believe.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast