Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    One of the best posts I've read in a long time... Apparently, I've recently given Deathseeker rep before this, so writing awesome posts must be a pattern for him...
    Agreed! And had the same problem...

I think we all need to wait and see how this plays out when/if all of it goes live.

I remember when a bunch of great players quit because they nerfed their builds - the original Batman with constant Human Versatility/Evading in Full Plate! I still miss those guys.

Barumar
    Last edited by Barumar; 06-22-2010 at 04:16 PM.

winners:Clerics
    looks like the winners to me, getting a new PrE replacing nothing is pure gain.

losers:
    eSoS owners is whod i say are the biggest losers

biggest winners:
    those who like to have things change to create a different environment.
    Those who have played many games where devs stop making significant changes as they worry too muh about offending established players and the games without change (be it positive or negative based on player input) die out and eventually fade into nothingness.
    Those with an open mind who like to see how the live content is actually changed instead of getting very upset about the potential lowering of their characters abilities (note: that it is not even all their characters but there melee dps ones that they are really concerned about and the loss of dps).

Biggest losers:
    Those who take everything so personal that any change to their character that does not help their character be more effective must be a horrible change to the game (in fact as I have seen in the vale and the few shrouds I ran melee characters are too powerful in comparison to casters under the current live system, and lowering them and making casters more effective (by lowering the save DC of mobs) will make the field more level IMO).

Those whose only focus on the game and how much dps they can do and not how cool or fun the quests are.

Comments:
    they are adding to the game. Their is new content being added to a game that has been around for 4 years. You may not like all the changes but that does not mean that they are bad for the game. If nerfing the melee THF, and TWF DPS is the main concern (it not totally destroyed just lowered on the max DPS guys) maybe players may want to see it as a game balancing question. As I have seen many arcanes and clerics have to use weps and I have seen many battle clerics soo focused on fighting they can barely heal an ant. Maybe making a change that lowers the effectiveness of melee and at the same time increases casters skills is actually a balance question and they just not discussing that as it may cause some to argue it even if it true or not. We may see some more better powerful casters in the future.

However, whether or not we agree I am glad they are making changes. I have played many F2p games and a few not and eventually devs stop adding changes at least major ones and with the game staying exactly the same players get bored. The great dominate and get soo bored that they stop playing and the other players just get sick of the same content. We need to acknowledge they are making changes.

Alos, remember if this all started (as I think it did from looking over the forums) from players complaining about lag and the devs trying to fix it you cant complain if it not create the desired effect yet. Maybe it does make a bit of difference but they have not been able to make it transcend to the lamnia server and they can use the testing to make it actually help when it goes live. Or maybe it a step towards fixing it and on the next update they will be able to improve it further. Just something to consider.

Community Member Ashiel_Dragmire's Avatar

Talking And the Winners Are...

Winners: Most DDO players, because at least you aren't playing WoW.

Losers: The DDO players who don't realize how good they have it in DDO, y'know, since it isn't WoW.
    "I shall take my bow by opening my heart and revealing my wisdom...
    Belief or disbelief rests with you."

Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post
    The problem is tho....EPIC was specifically made to cater to powergamers.....honestly I think they could care less how effects a casual gamer.

Not saying that's right or wrong....but EPIC in it's true context was meant for hardcore DDO players.
    Not really accurate.

They have no idea what epic was specifically catering to. It's a hodgepodge of ideas that equates to trying to be only for powergamers, and also the only end game content that is ever being released.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234