Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Black Sun Expelled Me!!

While running with members of Black Sun on Monday 6/14 through Shadow Tombs in the Necropolis, I recieved a phone call notifying me that I got a new job that required me to get new clothes. The job was starting at 9am the following day at it was 7pm that night. I finished the current tomb with the group and notified them that I had to take off since I need to get the store before it closed.

Well today, I logged in to discover that I had been expelled from the guild. When i asked Senmetsu the reason for the expolsion, he notified me that the officers and him had met and decided that i wasn't a good fit for the guild. Interesting that there was no warnings or discussions on the conduct that warrented this change in attitude and it coming shortly after me having to excuse myself from the group. I feel that it was in their rights to expel if they felt this way, i would have liked the chance to defend myself cause this seemed to be a good group of players. Well thats water under the bridge so to speak and I probably shouldn't even be posting this but you know sometimes you just have to rant and play on.

Not sure how i feel about Black Sun but I leave that up to you all the players to make your own conclusions....Frankly I'm going back to play the game.

Ragorath
    Lvl 6 Ranger/Lvl 1 Rogue looking for a new guild

Default Gratz

You "might not fit" because you're working now. Let's face it...I question the quality of life some people on here have. If a guild drops you because you can't commit to a full quest line because of a new job, you're better off without the guild.

Guilds are rapidly becoming jokes as they try to position themselves for the next update. Apparently having an Airship is a must for many.

Congrats on the job.

You're taking this way to seriously.

There are plenty of others to join. Plenty of others.

You'll live.

Grats on the job.

Grats on the new job mate.

The day the game becomes more important than real life is a sad day...
    Ctype Completionist//Dtype//Etype//Ygolonar///Archibald
    Officer of Crusaders of Justice - Orien
    DDO player since release 2006 in Europe - since 2009 on Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Khanyth View Post
    You're taking this way to seriously.

There are plenty of others to join. Plenty of others.

You'll live.

Grats on the job.
    He WAS in a good guild. And he left it for Black Sun.

So I refuse to laugh.

RAG MUST DIE!

Kill Rag! Kill Rag!
    Hands you a Cupcake One of Many of the O'Rum Ferretus's

Congrats on the job.

Is there more to this story?

*Grabs a diet pepsi and waits for someone from Black Sun to reply.*

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    He WAS in a good guild. And he left it for Black Sun.

So I refuse to laugh.

RAG MUST DIE!

Kill Rag! Kill Rag!
    Get to work!

On that note, he could always join FOR PONY!, because we're so kick butt (pg), that sure when you log we'll call you names, but we'll hug you the next day! Except for that smelly dwarf, I wont hug him. He touches what the tree gnomes like to call "the no no area", even after I remind him it spits.
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind,
    flight to the imagination, and life to everything.

~ Plato ~

Quote Originally Posted by 12floz View Post
    Get to work!

On that note, he could always join FOR PONY!, because we're so kick butt (pg), that sure when you log we'll call you names, but we'll hug you the next day! Except for that smelly dwarf, I wont hug him. He touches what the tree gnomes like to call "the no no area", even after I remind him it spits.
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by BrinLondo View Post
    You "might not fit" because you're working now. Let's face it...I question the quality of life some people on here have. If a guild drops you because you can't commit to a full quest line because of a new job, you're better off without the guild.

Guilds are rapidly becoming jokes as they try to position themselves for the next update. Apparently having an Airship is a must for many.
    this seems to be sooo true of online gamming tbh. If you have a life, school, work, wife, gf, kids or even chores. RL always wins over any game. Really I think The sad part of the story is you were expelled without warning or knowlage of anything off. Id understand if you dissapear for a month or more (less posted to your guild), but for not finnishing a chain, seems absurd to me. Tons of guilds out there, I found mine by running pugs and fell into an awesome group that turned into a well rounded guild that grooves with my play style and needs.

Sweetness on the Job, and yes, water under the bridge and props on that attitude.

Boo on the guild. Youll find one that works for you.
    "Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who."

Argonnessen Active Toonage ~ Domatheer 28 ~4Tr~ Rogue | Riazia 27 ~2Tr~ Rogue - 1 Bard

Community Member

OP my advise....find a better guild. These folks did you a favor...no matter how uber they may think they are...I mean come on their on orien for crying out loud....that's the short bus of servers....but still take it as a blessing. There are good guilds and they are made up of more mature folks who will understand RL comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorz View Post
    ...I mean come on their on orien for crying out loud....that's the short bus of servers.....
    Hey now!

Orien - where the coolest kids play

Cool Congratz on the job

Ragorath,
    Sounds like the people in your last guild were nobs (not noobs). I belong to The Ancient Guardians Guild (Lvl 21, F2P) and say come join us! We know that life comes first and if your playing a game that life trumps the game. We are a relaxed guild and have a 90 day grace period before bumping members (if you want to be an officer you must be active each week - ie log on).

Sounds like the old guild lost a good person.

Bwalin

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lorz View Post
    These Folks Did You A Favor...no Matter How Uber They May Think They Are...i Mean Come On Their On Orien For Crying Out Loud....that's The Short Bus Of Servers
    Lmao
    A master of appearances.
    He glides like the wind through the trees. Always ready. Always vigilant.
    His mission: to become a cameo in each of your lives, for he is always there. In your living room. In your home. At work and school. He is... Captain Cameo

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lorz View Post
    i Mean Come On Their On Orien For Crying Out Loud....that's The Short Bus Of Servers....
    Lol

Dude those guys did you a favor for real. But you are right to be a little ****ed off, especially if youve been pumping reknown into that guild for awhile now. You should start a new guild called "Black Sun Rejects" until you find a better guild with some real perspective on life and priorities.
    First they laughed at me when I made a drow rogue.
    Then they laughed at me when I went dex based.
    Next they laughed at me when I went pure.
    Guess who's laughing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Torinn View Post
    While running with members of Black Sun on Monday 6/14 through Shadow Tombs in the Necropolis, I recieved a phone call notifying me that I got a new job that required me to get new clothes. The job was starting at 9am the following day at it was 7pm that night. I finished the current tomb with the group and notified them that I had to take off since I need to get the store before it closed.

Well today, I logged in to discover that I had been expelled from the guild. When i asked Senmetsu the reason for the expolsion, he notified me that the officers and him had met and decided that i wasn't a good fit for the guild. Interesting that there was no warnings or discussions on the conduct that warrented this change in attitude and it coming shortly after me having to excuse myself from the group. I feel that it was in their rights to expel if they felt this way, i would have liked the chance to defend myself cause this seemed to be a good group of players. Well thats water under the bridge so to speak and I probably shouldn't even be posting this but you know sometimes you just have to rant and play on.

Not sure how i feel about Black Sun but I leave that up to you all the players to make your own conclusions....Frankly I'm going back to play the game.

Ragorath
    Lvl 6 Ranger/Lvl 1 Rogue looking for a new guild
    Rag! You got a job??? That's fantastic!!!