Default Winning rolls you dont need?

So I ran hound and ring of Thelis came up and me and a barb rolled on it, he won but didnt pick it up and telled me if I wanted to buy it from him? I mean i understand people paying millions for a +4 tomb or epic shards, but this went against some kinda code or something trained into me, needless to say i didn't give him anything. No real worries though... just wondering how often this happens to people.

Wow. Just... wow. I hope you told the rest of the party so that everyone else there could blacklist him as well.
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Wow indeed. And while we're on the topic, might that be an attitude brought over from another mmo?

Around here we have a few names for that kind of person, but none that get through the profanity filter.

I expect whoever put it up for roll would have been interested in knowing this too. It's not like the person it dropped for couldn't use some extra cash, and It would have been bad enough for the guy it dropped for to bypass the /roll and sell out of the chest to the highest bidder, but to roll on it for the express purpose of selling it? That's just way over the top.

Disgusting.

I had a wf wizard win the roll for the Plate of the Defender in Vod just yesterday. I didn't even acknowledge his roll and passed it to the pally who was next highest roll. I wouldn't expect anyone to do otherwise to me if my request was equally rediculous!

Except my shintao and fb rings for my sorc, those things are a requirement now that melee has been nerfed in the new mod! I mean it ALMOST puts him on the same playing field as regular melee after update 5!
    (and I have allowed the shintao ring to go into the hands of a barb after I won the roll.)

EDIT: But to sell an item that someone really wants back to them because they won the roll is an immediate blacklisting! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Wow indeed. And while we're on the topic, might that be an attitude brought over from another mmo?

Around here we have a few names for that kind of person, but none that get through the profanity filter.

I expect whoever put it up for roll would have been interested in knowing this too. It's not like the person it dropped for couldn't use some extra cash, and It would have been bad enough for the guy it dropped for to bypass the /roll and sell out of the chest to the highest bidder, but to roll on it for the express purpose of selling it? That's just way over the top.
    Only pansies use the profanity filter I'd have been calling him out in game instead of here.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Can you PM me the name of that barbarian please? I'd like to avoid running with such a player.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Volaxis View Post
    So I ran hound and ring of Thelis came up and me and a barb rolled on it, he won but didnt pick it up and telled me if I wanted to buy it from him? I mean i understand people paying millions for a +4 tomb or epic shards, but this went against some kinda code or something trained into me, needless to say i didn't give him anything. No real worries though... just wondering how often this happens to people.
    To most of us, it happens once(if at all)...then we get the name around and said player never gets into another raid. That said, PM me the name as well

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Default :(

pm me a name pls and ty
    Select one of the fabulous signatures from the list of your characters below!

You have no characters

Quote Originally Posted by Spisey View Post
    Disgusting.

I had a wf wizard win the roll for the Plate of the Defender in Vod just yesterday. I didn't even acknowledge his roll and passed it to the pally who was next highest roll. I wouldn't expect anyone to do otherwise to me if my request was equally rediculous!

Except my shintao and fb rings for my sorc, those things are a requirement now that melee has been nerfed in the new mod! I mean it ALMOST puts him on the same playing field as regular melee after update 5!
    (and I have allowed the shintao ring to go into the hands of a barb after I won the roll.)

EDIT: But to sell an item that someone really wants back to them because they won the roll is an immediate blacklisting! :O
    That one COULD be alittle differrent that what the OP was getting at. Did he express any intent to sell that armor?

The sad reality with people rolling on raid gear "they don't need" now is alittle more touchy. He MIGHT have been doing exactly what the OP was referring to, or he could have been working on his TR toon gear now.

People that actually have the audacity to sell raid gear like that are just asking to be blacklisted from any end game running guild runs. However, people that are actually pre-planning a TR not so much.

TRing has made it a bit difficult to determing peoples motives. However, not everyone rolling on gear they obviously don't need aren't doing so for shady reasons.
    Durtyy-Barbarian 20 Durrty-Cleric 18 Durion - TR Rogue 20 Duurty-Bard 20 Ddurty-Favored Soul 5

Personally had a guy pull the Docent of Grace yesterday on an at-level VoN 6 and he wasn't WF. There were two of us that were WF and both of us wanted to roll..but he recalled out without even offering it or looting it.
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I expect whoever put it up for roll would have been interested in knowing this too.
    I'm the one that put it up, thought the barb might want to have a little SR while playing solo or something
    but as time went without the ring being looted i sent tells inquiring what was going on and the situation
    was explained, i tried reasoning with the barb for a while til he said he just recalled out of instance
    without looting it at all, needless to say he wont be rolling for any of my loot anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Durion View Post
    That one COULD be alittle differrent that what the OP was getting at. Did he express any intent to sell that armor?

The sad reality with people rolling on raid gear "they don't need" now is alittle more touchy. He MIGHT have been doing exactly what the OP was referring to, or he could have been working on his TR toon gear now.

People that actually have the audacity to sell raid gear like that are just asking to be blacklisted from any end game running guild runs. However, people that are actually pre-planning a TR not so much.

TRing has made it a bit difficult to determing peoples motives. However, not everyone rolling on gear they obviously don't need aren't doing so for shady reasons.
    My opinion on this is TR'ing has become the excuse for rolling on stuff just because you want it. If you wanna plan ahead and work on your TR gear fine but do it with your own loot pulls dont screw someone who really needs.

My personel rule is if you rrolling for TR dont even bother cause im gonna ignor your roll and give it to someone else who can actually use it.
    Besides it's not like your not gonna have plenty of time to farm for it when your trying to level your TR anyway.
    To err is human, to forgive is divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
    Jinger~Docholiday~Fritobandito~Bandshee~Grudock~Seigeengine

Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak View Post
    My opinion on this is TR'ing has become the excuse for rolling on stuff just because you want it. If you wanna plan ahead and work on your TR gear fine but do it with your own loot pulls dont screw someone who really needs.

My personel rule is if you rrolling for TR dont even bother cause im gonna ignor your roll and give it to someone else who can actually use it.
    Besides it's not like your not gonna have plenty of time to farm for it when your trying to level your TR anyway.
    You don't have to tell me. I was just trying to offer a valid justification for the person he was referring to. I know what I want to do with my toon, and I know what gear I want for that build. If something is put up for roll, and its something I need, I'm rolling on it.

I'm not one to win the roll to in party auction or vendor. If I'm rolling on it, its for a reason. Its not a "I 'might' TR this toon into..."

As far as "having enough time to farm for it anyways" I know how that goes. Never did get my rogue goggles out of VoD before I TR'd my rogue back into a rogue to fix him. Level 16 as of now, and I still don't have them. Plenty of time.
    Durtyy-Barbarian 20 Durrty-Cleric 18 Durion - TR Rogue 20 Duurty-Bard 20 Ddurty-Favored Soul 5

If I do make a roll for greed I always say, "This roll is a greed roll.", just in case somebody actually needs it. I don't try to sell the item to other players because I usually end up putting it in the garba...err, the vendor. If a named item drops in a chest and nobody needs it, better to vendor it than leave the item in there.