Community Member

Default Game not launching

So when I first installed DDO I was able to play it right after installation, but as soon as I exited the game I realized it did not install a shortcut on the desktop. Followed by this small inconvenience there was no folder containing the game in the start menu. I tried reinstalling it and was able to launch the game again, but once I exited I had the same problem again. I finally was able to locate the game file under the "Games" folder, but when I double click it nothing happens, and when I right-click it doesn't offer an "Open" option, only options to move the shortcut around (leaving me with a "ghost-shortcut"). Of course I could simply reinstall the game every time I play it, but it's way too inconvenient as it takes 10-20 minutes every time I have to reinstall it. Is there anyway I can get it to properly install so that I can open it up right off of the start menu or desktop WITHOUT having to reinstall it?

Assuming you are running Vista or Win7, check this out:

http://na6.salesforce.com/_ui/selfse...5%26t%3D4&ps=1

Community Member

Yeah I run Vista, but the thing is when I do just what you showed it still won't launch, the shortcut I find by doing that just turns out to be a "dummy shortcut" or a "ghost shortcut" however you may put it.

OK, so you're looking for TurbineInvoker.exe
    That's what you want to create a new shortcut to.

It should be in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\DDO Unlimited

But you could always just search the whole machine for it.
    It's got to be there, as it was run after the installation.