Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Feedback: Guild Leveling

Please use this thread for general discussion of the new Guild Leveling system. Please note that a separate thread will be created for discussion of Airship specifics at a later time.

For targeted Guild Leveling feedback, we encourage users to please fill out the information in the Activity thread.

Renown System
    Currently we only know that you can gain renown for you guild from: Chests with the tokens, Collectible bags with the tokens, and End Rewards from quests that have the tokens.

Area-of-effect farming the low level places in a group of 6 seems to get the renown the fastest if you are out for grinding it.

Something I would like to suggest to make things more interesting to make it better for guild activities:
    • Each objective inside of a quest gives 25 Renown to each person's guild in the quest.
    • Each end boss fight in quests level 1-10 drop a bag for everyone giving 50 renown each.
    • Each mini-bosses for objectives for quests level 11-20 drop a bag for everyone giving 50 renown each.
    • Each end boss fight in quests level 11-20 drop a bag for everyone giving 150 renown each.
    • Completing a quest gives 10 renown to your guild.

Granted we don't know the complete system. But from what we know so far that is my feedback.

Guild Rewards System
    The gaining features for your airship as you go seems fine, and will have to test it as our guild levels up. Also a few other things that will have to be tested with the degrading of your xp for the guild system if you lose something you already had placed on your ship if the guild level drops or if the feature stays there and you just can't place another of the same level till you get back up to that guild level.

Guild Level items
    I personally feel that some of these items could get out of hand. Say a GL: 70 on a ML:0 item might be kinda crazy. Highest I've ran into right now is like GL:45 on ML:2 I think it was. Which with the augments fairly cheap those items could be hands down turned into some powerful items.
    A GL:70 No ML item could have +20 Guild Health on it or +80 Guild Spell Power. That's a stackable with everything but itself extra 20 hp and 80 sp at a low level.
    Maybe introduce that each Guild Level Minimun has a certain level range that it is in.
    • Min level 0-4 item can have Guild Level : 10
    • Min level 5-8 item can have Guild Level : 25
    • Min level 9-12 item can have Guild Level : 45
    • Min level 13-20 item can have Guild Level : 70
    Last edited by Daehawk; 06-03-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

riposte:
    I was totally in the dark how to get renown. Others mentioned there were a sort of collectible on monsters etc. I hope this is not the only way to get renown.. quest completions and raid completions out to automatically affect the score.

Hopefully there will be more explicit information on renown soon, and hopefully this wont be one more grind.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Yeah, I have to say that I am not that big of a fan of the Guild renown coming from the treasure bags that baddies drop when they die. It isn’t so much of a problem with the renown part as the problems it will cause when it is not renown. Especially at low levels, all the extra collectables are going to cause inventory issues for people. I think this could easily be gotten around by giving a medium or even large collectable bag early in the game. Maybe instead of the small when you leave korthos.

I just don’t want to have to be sorting through all those garbage collectables as I level up.

As for the renown in general. I haven’t run to many quests over on Lamania, but i think it should be a standard reward for Hard and Elite difficulty quests rewards. I also think it should be standard on all the Korthos quests so people are introduced to it early. Even if it is just a small amount. I have never been a big fan of “random”.

Just my 2 cp so far…
    ATARI SUCKS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daehawk View Post
    Renown System
    Currently we only know that you can gain renown for you guild from: Chests with the tokens, Collectible bags with the tokens, and End Rewards from quests that have the tokens.

Area-of-effect farming the low level places in a group of 6 seems to get the renown the fastest if you are out for grinding it.

Something I would like to suggest to make things more interesting to make it better for guild activities:
    • Each objective inside of a quest gives 25 Renown to each person's guild in the quest.
    • Each end boss fight in quests level 1-10 drop a bag for everyone giving 50 renown each.
    • Each mini-bosses for objectives for quests level 11-20 drop a bag for everyone giving 50 renown each.
    • Each end boss fight in quests level 11-20 drop a bag for everyone giving 150 renown each.
    • Completing a quest gives 10 renown to your guild.

Granted we don't know the complete system. But from what we know so far that is my feedback.
    I'd definitely like to see renown rewarded for quest or raid completion based on the level of the quest - ToD elite ought to be worth PILES of renown more than smashing 60 boxes for Baudry, for example. Guild completions of raids ought to have a direct, noticeable and sticky effect on renown as well. Certain features ought to only be unlocked by raid completions.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

I did not see this thread or I would have posted all the stuff I did in this one.

All the ideas and feedback I have on this system so far are in this thread.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=252390
    Knorgh (triple triple completionist) Currently 12 Wizard/6 Ranger/2 Monk

Primarily tying renown to quests in a manner similar to favor seems the easiest way to ensure that balance is achieved:
    Lower-level and difficulty quests would offer single instances of small renown, while longer, higher level and difficulty quests would provide significant single instances of renown. Add in renown drops from certain events, and you constantly have a feeling that renown is at hand- rather than feeling a restriction (from the favor-like tie-in) or a need to grind/farm (from the drops).

Unfortunately, by making them single-instance rewards based in a favor-like manner there is a distinct advantage to higher population guilds. Perhaps affecting an increase to the renown award based off the recent population size of the guild would compensate for this.

Regardless of the course taken, having renown increases solely (or mainly) as grind-drops seems rife its ability to provoke irritation, as well as limiting renown to the same feeling already possessed by current in-game rewards.

If I have missed a point- and certainly, I am not overly familiar with the new material- please feel free to enlighten.

Any thoughts on the feedback left so far, I see some good ideas floated between myself and some others.

Would love to get your thought on our ideas.

Community Member

I think I may have added to an incorrect topic, so would like to re-ask a few things here:

so, if you are not guilded, do you not see the renown tokens?
    Do they just pile up as an attribute on your character till you join a guild, or are they wasted?

If a guild levels to (pick a level), can it 'dissolve' and have the points go back to the Guild Leader?

Are any of the tokens items that can be sold/traded/auctioned?

I can see guilds popping up that mass spam just to pump guild level for items/airships.
    And members booted are left with their contribution lost as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MateCarefor View Post
    I think I may have added to an incorrect topic, so would like to re-ask a few things here:

Do they just pile up as an attribute on your character till you join a guild, or are they wasted?

If a guild levels to (pick a level), can it 'dissolve' and have the points go back to the Guild Leader?

I can see guilds popping up that mass spam just to pump guild level for items/airships.
    These are all excellent questions.. I would be curious to know the answers to these as well...

Quote Originally Posted by DANTEIL View Post
    These are all excellent questions.. I would be curious to know the answers to these as well...
    I agree. We need answers......

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!

I can answer this one at least. Will get info on another of the questions in a bit.

When you pick up the tokens they are automatically used. They never hit the inventory. Just upon acquire they disappear as they add to the guild renown.

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Further comment. I did see these heroic deeds drop in a chest, but since I was soloing, I couldn't tell if I could trade them to other party members. But it did seem like it should be possible.

I'm still perplexed about why it seems better to farm low level harbor quests than to farm high level quests.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Further comment. I did see these heroic deeds drop in a chest, but since I was soloing, I couldn't tell if I could trade them to other party members. But it did seem like it should be possible.

I'm still perplexed about why it seems better to farm low level harbor quests than to farm high level quests.
    Possibly because harbor quests take 1-2 minute each (easy to ransack tho)

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well, now this strikes me as a very bad thing.

Just ran a 5 man Reaver with the DDO Daily guild. All 4 chests (including the warded chest) did not have any heroic deeds (renown).

So, we could spend 30 minutes doing a Raid and get no renown. Or we could spend 15 minutes doing a harbor quest and a few hundred.

This is really not seeming balanced. I definitely do NOT want to be spending hours farming low level quests. I'm sincerely hoping this is a bug, and not working as intended.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Community Member

Same thing, at least give a renown for completing raid, because farming low level just makes it blunt. Also, it seems that undead do not drop bags with renown, ran mostly every quest which has undead in them but still renown drops from flesh type monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    Same thing, at least give a renown for completing raid, because farming low level just makes it blunt. Also, it seems that undead do not drop bags with renown, ran mostly every quest which has undead in them but still renown drops from flesh type monsters
    Sounds like a bug, possibly on the type of bag dropped by undead.

The current system is fundamentally flawed, as you heavily rely upon bag drops with are overflowing at lower levels, yet almost non-existant at higher levels.

I propose this change

*level of quest* x 5 x *duration of quest*
    Very short = x1
    Short = x1
    Medium = x2
    Long = x3
    Very long = x 4

Meaning for a Tower of Despair run, On normal you'd get 21 x 5 x 5 = 420 per person(and if you get 12 guildies in a run of a raid, doesn't mean mean you have a good guild and thus should rank up faster?)

Also, increase the chance of getting the heroic deeds from chests, the drop rate is currently FAR TOO LOW.

Also one more addition, for each optional in a quest completed you're given 25 renown. These changes should make the guild system much more "Accessible" to those who deserve it.

The reason I think all of this, because with I ran "Invaders!" with a guildy today, TWICE, first time we got a ton of bags, but only one renown(of 50 for a level 12 quest), then we ran waterworks, and got a ton of bags, 3 of which were for renown(of 50 for a level 2-3 explorer area) then we ran "Invaders!" again, and got 1 bag, as in the entire quest, ONE bag, which wasn't renown, invaders took about... 10-15 minutes, while the waterworks took... 3-5 minutes. You shouldn't have to grind low level quests for renown.
    Last edited by Alanim; 06-03-2010 at 08:44 PM.

I dont' know that that much renown per quest/optional would be good, with that much flowing in, you'd ahve several of the larger guilds hit lvl 100 within a week or two. but i'll agree taht something like that which was proposed would be better that what's currently in place
    Thelanis
    Alexa-TR Sorc20|Keigann-Cleric20|Barbiegrrrl-Barb20|Monkegrrrl-Monk20|Ratchette-Arti20
    (Female Drow)---(Female Half-Elf)---(Female Human)---(Female Human)---(Female Half-Elf)
    Just because we have the ability to do something doesn't mean it's right to do so.

I feel that there should be significant Renown awards for really, really tough achievements in game.

As a few examples:

Tower of Despair, Suulomades chest: 1000 normal, 2500 Hard, 5000 Elite
    ADQ1 Epic: 2500
    VON5 Epic: 3500 (it's not harder than ADQ1, but takes a lot longer)
    Stealer of Souls, Sor'jek chest: 240 normal, 600 Hard, 1200 Elite
    Dreaming Dark Elite: 500
    Bastion/Genesis Point/New Invasion/Sins of Attrition: 100/250/500
    Prey on the Hunter, Dragon chests: 100/200/500

And so on. Basically, this provides a real incentive for running the hardest content in the game.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast