Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

so we FINALLY got an airship unfortuantly while we can BUY a silver flame guy for a hook point, we can't use it because it says that we havn't reached high enough guild level (we're lvl 20 and the req for the guy is lvl 20) it's for the Silver Flame Priest Contract, and yes i'm an officer of the guild

EDIT: we were trying to put it on the wrong hookpoint (we got it to work)
    Last edited by Lady_Josslyn; 06-07-2010 at 01:23 AM.
    Thelanis
    Alexa-TR Sorc20|Keigann-Cleric20|Barbiegrrrl-Barb20|Monkegrrrl-Monk20|Ratchette-Arti20
    (Female Drow)---(Female Half-Elf)---(Female Human)---(Female Human)---(Female Half-Elf)
    Just because we have the ability to do something doesn't mean it's right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Josslyn View Post
    so we FINALLY got an airship unfortuantly while we can BUY a silver flame guy for a hook point, we can't use it because it says that we havn't reached high enough guild level (we're lvl 20 and the req for the guy is lvl 20) it's for the Silver Flame Priest Contract, and yes i'm an officer of the guild

EDIT: we were trying to put it on the wrong hookpoint (we got it to work)
    Yeah I got it to work. You don't need to be an officer to buy them either.

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Daehawk View Post
    Yeah I got it to work. You don't need to be an officer to buy them either.
    They also last for a month (At least it looked like they last for a month. )
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    They also last for a month (At least it looked like they last for a month. )
    (Dungeon Master): This amenity has 1 week 2 days 23 hours 26 minutes remaining.

About a week and 3 days for the Silver Flame guy.

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post
    Any chance you can change things so that certain quests which are actually hard (some epics, elite hound, elite shroud, elite tod, to a lesser extent, elite vod) give a crapload more renown? Or better yet, let the last 'tier' only drop from such quests.
    One way they could do this: Give some chests +2-+4 loot, and have renown drop in large numbers in level 23 loot tables.

Elite lich Sor'Jek's bonus chest could do with a +4 loot boost for this reason.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Just so you know Devs that was not an easy task to get the Airship. We (DDO-Daily) have a very very large guild on the preview server and there were a lot of us doing non stop multiple multiple hours of grinding. So, that level 20 did not come easy by any stretch of the imagination.

Plus for some reson I have a Heroic Deed sitting in backpack and when I try to click on it, it says "Already at your Max Potential Level and do not need anymore Sigils of Leveling. Yet when you hover it is a Heroic Deed for 50 renown. This is on Mysteeria my Level 20 caster and I am a VIP. I submitted a bug along with screenshot.
    Thelanis - Proud Officer of Archangels: http://archangelsddo.guildlaunch.com
    ALTS: Mysteeria, Larawynn, Ketanna, Sandia, Serawynn, Valkeira, Galewynn, Velarawynn,
    Keeriea, DiAndri, Celarawynn, Intimiwynn & Kerirawynn

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by BronwynnBane View Post
    Just so you know Devs that was not an easy task to get the Airship. We (DDO-Daily) have a very very large guild on the preview server and there were a lot of us doing non stop multiple multiple hours of grinding. So, that level 20 did not come easy by any stretch of the imagination.

Plus for some reson I have a Heroic Deed sitting in backpack and when I try to click on it, it says "Already at your Max Potential Level and do not need anymore Sigils of Leveling. Yet when you hover it is a Heroic Deed for 50 renown. This is on Mysteeria my Level 20 caster and I am a VIP. I submitted a bug along with screenshot.
    Hmm...maybe you picked it up right when we hit a level? There is a significant lag spike whenever a big level is reached.

Takai-

Hmm...maybe you picked it up right when we hit a level? There is a significant lag spike whenever a big level is reached.
    Can you define 'level' in this case? Are you saying when your guild levelled up, there was a lag spike?

I remember it was a bag from an Epic quest and when I picked it up I got a message saying Heroic deed but then another message saying a Blade of the 6th went into my bag. I thought it was odd at the time but didn't think to look for a deed in my backpack.

Coldin is right. We had so many people farming for renown that when you would open your Guild Window the renown meter after several seconds would jump up. And when we were questing there were brief lag spikes.
    Thelanis - Proud Officer of Archangels: http://archangelsddo.guildlaunch.com
    ALTS: Mysteeria, Larawynn, Ketanna, Sandia, Serawynn, Valkeira, Galewynn, Velarawynn,
    Keeriea, DiAndri, Celarawynn, Intimiwynn & Kerirawynn

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Can you define 'level' in this case? Are you saying when your guild levelled up, there was a lag spike?
    Yes, when the guild leveled, there was a lag spike. I think this is due to the guild renown catching up and all the messages coming up about what we unlocked.

The spikes are actually very easy to see and test.

Anytime you go a long period of time without checking renown when it's been increasingly growing (say from 20,000 to 30,000) the next time you open the guild panel there will be this lag spike or freeze as it refreshes that data.

This might just all be client side lag though.

Edit: I think it was partly due to the sheer amount of renown we were starting to rack up simultaneously, with potentially everyone in guild checking to see where we were renown-wise.

Probably on live we would never see leveling that fast. (Assuming changes go in to prevent our current method.)
    Last edited by Coldin; 06-07-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Takai-

When leveling up the guild, as in level 13 to 14, there is a brief 1-3 second lag spike, then the message that your guild has leveled pops up, and everything is fine.

Another thing that happened to me was when zoning out of EV1 during one of the leveling it loaded me out there I took a step and then it went to load screen again.

But yeah as they said it's probably either the renown from the like 15-24 people we had farming EV1 catching up for everyone. As you would go to the guild tab it's show the old value and you'd lag for 1-3 seconds then it would jump up to the current number. Once at that number though if you left the window open you could see it every time someone got some without lag. But the inital loads of the jumps was slightly laggy.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Daehawk View Post
    Another thing that happened to me was when zoning out of EV1 during one of the leveling it loaded me out there I took a step and then it went to load screen again.

But yeah as they said it's probably either the renown from the like 15-24 people we had farming EV1 catching up for everyone. As you would go to the guild tab it's show the old value and you'd lag for 1-3 seconds then it would jump up to the current number. Once at that number though if you left the window open you could see it every time someone got some without lag. But the inital loads of the jumps was slightly laggy.
    Right. Don't notice it all with only a 100 renown difference. But if the guild got a 1000+ renown since you last checked, you get a spike.

Takai-

Yes, when the guild leveled, there was a lag spike. I think this is due to the guild renown catching up and all the messages coming up about what we unlocked.

The spikes are actually very easy to see and test.

Anytime you go a long period of time without checking renown when it's been increasingly growing (say from 20,000 to 30,000) the next time you open the guild panel there will be this lag spike or freeze as it refreshes that data.

This might just all be client side lag though.

Edit: I think it was partly due to the sheer amount of renown we were starting to rack up simultaneously, with potentially everyone in guild checking to see where we were renown-wise.

Probably on live we would never see leveling that fast. (Assuming changes go in to prevent our current method.)
    What size was your guild?

That would actually require GM powers to find out - I am not even gonna try to guess (nor count).

But the guild they are talking about here is DDO Daily.
    DDO News, articles and guides - DDO-Daily.com
    With occasional contests with Turbine Points as rewards
    Your daily dose of DDO

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Umm...a lot?

We had about 15-20 people online last night, and 14 people on right now. Everyone seems to have a few alts in the guild too, though those aren't logged in at the same time obviously.

I really couldn't tell you how many individual characters total. Maybe a few hundred? Guild is DDO Daily though if you have some way of looking it up directly.

Takai-

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    This my idea of what was going to be coming, bags hunting seems so dumb. If they would scale the length and difficulted of quest. Then work a base of the level it would be great.

level 1= 25, level 2=30, 35, 40, 45, 50, ect...

Then scale the renown for the length and setting of the quest as something like above.
    This would be more consistant with both D&D and common sense. Why should guilds be known based on looting bodies? They should be known based an what they accomplished, raid completions, quest completions, favor, even rares & explorers. Dead bodies (treasure bags) looted? Really? How does that make sense from either a D&D or storyline point of view?

FYI, the Silver Flame cleric man and the Deneith fighter lady both disappeared mysteriously, while the mount points are saying they are still there, even when we replaced the fighter with a House J healer. I think those two are having some fun wherever they are hiding
    On Sarlona: Justin, Bry, Karoneth, Koto, Combatant, Kendu, Narnak, Mythanthor, Jastron, Brendin.
    Guildmaster, The Brotherhood of Redemption
    www.borguild.com

lvl 20 cleric ran the following

Tear of Dhaakan 50 reknown (1 bag)
    All new content (Big Top) 0 reknown
    Vale Explorer 0 reknown (cleaned the place out)
    Butcher's Path 100 reknown (2bags)
    Kobold Assault 700 reknown (4 bags + 1 trophy)

Is the trophy supposed to be able to drop in KA?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast