Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by silverest View Post
    I've been an extremely active participant in the current Guild competition and an officer for Eternal Wrath S. One thing that I keep wondering time and again is how much I've been individually contributing to the guild compared to my guild mates. I was curious if there were any plans for tracking this contribution to the guild on an individual level, for a couple reasons.

1. A number to an individual means something when it adds up and becomes something that can be raised. With that raise in renown quantited a sense of pride of contribution to the guild is realized. When coupled with others in the guild, we can get a feel for who's contributing and who's not.

2. Guild leaders/officers could use the individual renown number to determine other things such as guild rewards for doing a good job or even promotions to officer.

3. As a member contibutes to a guild and builds up that individual number it would help prevent guild hopping since a player would have to start over from scratch.

4. Finally, that number with a little love from the devs (ie coding) could also be used to set parameters to access the guild bank, which would help prevent peeps from joining a guild one day, and on day 2 cleaning out the guild bank, followed by a /guild quit, transfer and delete.

Esprite de Corps
    Sarlona Server
    Officer Eternal Wrath
    5th Time Reincarnate
    Silverest, I asked something similar (but not as eloquently) in the Change to Renown Message Thread at post 24 (Link below).

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...43#post3051143

Community Member

Altagar,

Thanks, didn't catch that until you linked it. I do understand why they think it *can* be used negatively but I would hope turbine sees how it could be used positively as well. IMHO the postives out weigh the negatives and would certainly encourage players to choose renown on their end rewards, instead of going for that vendor trash.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

I did a couple runs of Delerium on normal with a level 20 monk. I did not get any renown from either the end chest, or the end reward. Monsters were also not giving any renown except for one.

I did find it amusing that one of the beholders I drank under the table gave some renown.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

I did Caverns of Korromar on Hard with my Level 20 wizard. No renown nowhere, nohow, nada. Maybe I was too overlevel for the quest?

Community Member

the not adding or removing toons part of the rules. does this mean not changing the number of people by inviting more or removing people? bc we had a few people leave and that might screw us out of the competition. could we invite some placeholder toons or people that have come to join us to balance back out?

Question One work around may be.

To have a tracking stat that puts a stop order on your 'personal' renown. That is it tracks you until YOU have amassed what would be the equivalent of GL25, because after that it kinda loses it's value, or you would just create your own guild, yeah?
    Last edited by iamsamoth0; 06-22-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: r
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default As long as you stay in your tier, you are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfRaistlin View Post
    the not adding or removing toons part of the rules. does this mean not changing the number of people by inviting more or removing people? bc we had a few people leave and that might screw us out of the competition. could we invite some placeholder toons or people that have come to join us to balance back out?
    See the contest thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    If you're in the same tier a little bit of flux as you've described is fine (just make sure you're not trading out who the leader of the guild is though)

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Ok...so after the past few days, I've noticed something with renown gathering. Basically, for the first run or so I do through an explorer area, I'll do decently well gathering renown. Monsters will give some renown every 10 so kills, and about half the chests I loot will have some renown.

After that however, all subsequent runs very quickly drop off. Monsters will start to rarely give any renown, and an entire instance of 5+ chests will not give any renown. That's not to say no renown will be found. But what was some renown every 15 minutes turns into some renown every hour.

Now, we could say it was very good luck followed by very bad luck, except it seems consistent day to day.

Takai-

Community Member

Default What did you guys changed today (6/23)????

From another thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    So, when I started Lamannia today, I noticed there was another update pushed out.

I was hoping the patch would help the low level amount of renown I've been seeing from the Vale, but I actually noticed something else.

The few renown I did get no longer had a Small Guild bonus. Now, I know our guild didn't get bigger in the last day, and was only at about 7 accounts.

So, is this a bug, or is the small guild bonus gone?

Edit: The DDO Daily is also no longer receiving the small guild bonus.
    I confirmed this with a guild size of 1. No small guild bonus at all. Also, either I was really unlucky or the drop rates have been reduced significantly.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by altagar View Post
    From another thread..

I confirmed this with a guild size of 1. No small guild bonus at all. Also, either I was really unlucky or the drop rates have been reduced significantly.
    Been about about the same for me today as it's been since late last Friday. I might have a little luck at the beginning on a play session, but it very quickly tapers off.

Edit: Also, thanks for checking out a level 1 guild. I was curious if it was just a lower value.

Takai-

Unfortunately there was a bug with the Small Guild Bonus (everyone over the weekend received it regardless of guild size).

So for the time being, the Small Guild Bonus is turned off.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Unfortunately there was a bug with the Small Guild Bonus (everyone over the weekend received it regardless of guild size).

So for the time being, the Small Guild Bonus is turned off.
    I was wondering. Maybe DDO-Daily did have more than 25 accounts.

Hopefully the bug gets fixed soon. I liked the small guild bonus.

Takai-

13. 09-06-2010, 03:35 PM

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516