Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Wink It's not that I...

Quote Originally Posted by Althotas View Post
    Uh, You can make your own one man guild. I did on Lama to try this stuff out. Yea you won't get an airship as fast as a larger guild but you can still get one while running the content. My one man guild is about to get to level 5 and I haven't really been grinding very hard but just checking stuff out. I suspect under this new renown set up I could get an airship in a week or 2 if I really busted my tail and went grinding non-stop in the quests giving the most renown per hour.
    bemoan the fact that it will take me some weeks, maybe a couple of months to achieve Lvl.25 Guild. It's for the fact that that the Guild Airship will simply be a Guild Ghostship. There seems to me no community based features integrated within it. Everything there is directed a specific sub-group of players. As opposed to the option of making the Airship an inclusive object in general.

But thank you for the consideration.
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

Hero
    USN(ret)
    Chief cook and bottle washer
    Slante'
    Ancient One

Quote Originally Posted by iamsamoth0 View Post
    bemoan the fact that it will take me some weeks, maybe a couple of months to achieve Lvl.25 Guild. It's for the fact that that the Guild Airship will simply be a Guild Ghostship. There seems to me no community based features integrated within it. Everything there is directed a specific sub-group of players. As opposed to the option of making the Airship an inclusive object in general.

But thank you for the consideration.
    Well DDO is a game of many options. One of those options is a choice to join a guild or not to join a guild. The devs have added an area that is a benefit to being in a guild. From what I see it has a lot of nice additions and I think it will be a great addition to the game. One of the poroblems of running guildless is things take longer to attain. But then that is an option that the individual selects. The biggest deal of the airship is the nice additions which grant some very nice buffs. But to say that the addition should be dropped simply because there are a few individual players that desire to remain guildless seems to be a foolish remedy when the airships have generated a lot of interest in the game again.

Thedre are ways to get the benefit of the airship for the guildless. One is to befriend a member of a guild with an airship and request an invite to their airship. You get to use all of the niceities of the airship without beibng in a guild. Now if you are one of the very few that insists on playing as a game hermit and running everything solo and never grouping, then I am sorry, but you will miss out on what may end up being one of the best additiopns to the game.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well, was doing another round through the vale, and picked up another 50 from a chest, and several 5s from monsters.

Then I got a Legendary Victory from a chest (that's 1000 renown).

So, I'll say that I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing on Lamannia now. Needs more testing obviously, but I think this should work.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Hero
    USN(ret)
    Slante'
    Ancient One

Ran STK Pt 1 once 130 renown on elite
    Ran STK Pt 2 twice, once on elite for 210 renown and normal for 150 renown.
    Pt 3 120 renown on normal. Didn't feel like running STK anymore by this time. Did get the ring of feathers tho so at least got something for my troubles.

So I am not sure that difficulty level has a lot to do with renown awards based on Pt 2 alone. Maybe.
    Last edited by Althotas; 06-17-2010 at 06:37 PM.

After testing this a bit, can I just say, BRAVO, BRAVO turbine, this system feels very relaxing all in all, and is just gravy, You've pretty much perfected it. so bravo turbine.

This new system blows everything else out of the water in how right it feels. and it doesn't feel like it will be too fast, or too slow.

Did some duo boxing.

Small guild (3 so far pulled into it)

Ran Cleric 20 and a Cleric 16 out thru the vale. Pulled 9 rares. Roughly 200 kills.

Summary

Level 20 Cleric
    16 x (5+5)
    4 x (15+15)
    2 x (50+50) Heroic from Chests

Level 16 Cleric
    15 (5+5)
    4 (15+15)
    1 x (50+50) Heroic From chests

Notes:
    All three Heroics were from different chests.
    Both characters earned Reknown for the guild
    twice both got 15+15 at the same time, the other 4 times were matched with a 5+5 on the other character.
    On one instance one character got a 5+5 and the other got nothing.
    Total of 850 favor for guild on one 2/3 run of the vale.

It seemed that killing Mephits was more lucrative than most other mobs. Got three awards from the half dozen mephits with the Named Gnoll.

I would venture that had I cleared the whole zone would have picked up around 500 per character. (did not check a couple of gnolls, the named spider or the air elemental locations, and as such missed the rest of the mobs in those areas).
    Last edited by Zenako; 06-18-2010 at 07:24 AM.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Alanim View Post
    After testing this a bit, can I just say, BRAVO, BRAVO turbine, this system feels very relaxing all in all, and is just gravy, You've pretty much perfected it. so bravo turbine.

This new system blows everything else out of the water in how right it feels. and it doesn't feel like it will be too fast, or too slow.
    Thanks, but last night we found some signficant issues and there is now a brand new (much improved? ) version up on Lamannia.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Did a pass of the Vale again, and seems like renown is dropping more frequently from chests now, but much less frequently from monsters. Out of 5 chests, 3 dropped renown. 2 Heroic Deeds, and 1 Tales of Valor.

Then did Mired in Kobolds on elite, and only got 50 from the end reward. Nothing from the three end chests. That could have just been bad luck though.

Takai-

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Hmm...my luck has gone down significantly.

Did another pass of the Vale, out of 5 chests, only one dropped 50 renown. I did get a couple 5s, and one 50 from monsters though.

For my third pass, it wasn't much better. Another 5 chests, and only a Tales of Valor. I did seem to have better luck with the monsters though. A few 15s, and a few 5s.

Takai-

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Hmm...my luck has gone down significantly.

Did another pass of the Vale, out of 5 chests, only one dropped 50 renown. I did get a couple 5s, and one 50 from monsters though.

For my third pass, it wasn't much better. Another 5 chests, and only a Tales of Valor. I did seem to have better luck with the monsters though. A few 15s, and a few 5s.
    Could this just be your guild getting near the daily renown limit?

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Could this just be your guild getting near the daily renown limit?
    Maybe...could also just be because I'm working with a very small sample size. I'll try again tonight while I'm listening to DDOcast.

Takai-

Default Shavarath Renown Test

1st run
    Beastmaster Agradoxes' chest = 0 renown
    Bonebreaker's chest = 0 renown
    Centurion Armisos' chest = 0 renown
    War Cat Redtooth's chest = 0 renown

2nd run
    Primus Aspidon's chest = 0 renown
    Centurion Kalon's chest = 0 renown
    Centurion Armisos's chest = 50 renown(1 heroic deed)

3rd run
    Battle Hound Firefang's chest = 0 renown
    Prefect Lysson's chest = 0 renown
    Gatesmasher's chest = 0 renown

4th run
    Battle Hound Firefang's chest = 0 renown
    Bonebreaker's chest = 0 renown

5th run(duo)
    battle hound Blackpaw's chest = 0 renown
    Primus Makari's chest = 0 renown

6th run
    Beastmaster Agradoxes' chest = 0 renown
    battle golem Demoncrusher's chest = 0 renown
    Grumnuk the Mercenary's chest = 0 renown
    Centurion Aima's chest = 0 renown

7th run
    War Cat Redtooth's chest = 0 renown
    Siege Golem Gatesmasher's chest = 50 renown(heroic deed)

More to come.
    Last edited by Alanim; 06-20-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Hero
    USN(ret)
    Slante'
    Ancient One

Ran Tear of Dhakan again on normal to get a general idea of how the renown drop was decreased from yesterday. This time on my level 18 ranger.

0 renown from random kills
    300 renown from heroic deeds in chests
    0 renown dropped on end reward

Next I ran Gwylan's on normal

0 renown from kills
    100 from heroic deeds
    0 renown for end reward

So it appears that they corrected the renown downward if you are in a quest and are very high level compared to the quest. I will try it again on a toon at level just to see. Still 300 renown is not too bad for that level opf quest imho.
    Last edited by Althotas; 06-18-2010 at 06:38 PM.

Community Member

Wink New guild competition

First an observation, the start date is posted as June 17, but Friday is June 18, ( just a typo I am sure.....lol)
    I have some questions ......
    1. I have 11 toons and I am the leader of my guild on Sarlona, do I have to copy the guild leader from Sarlona to start the new guild?
    2. do I have to disband the guild I have on Lamannia in order to start the new guild?
    3. Who won the 1st competition?
    Thank you for you time and all the fun!
    QueenPennyThe1st

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well, here's just some general impressions from the few runs I did today.

Renown drops seem to have been reduced between yesterday and today. Most notably is monsters. I was going through much longer periods of killing monsters with no renown dropping. Chests seemed infrequent. I would get a string of chests with renown, then a string of chests with nothing. End rewards seemed about 100%, so that's good. But only was getting 50 from those.

So, it's a good improvement over how the renown was working through last week, but a decrease over how it was yesterday.

Takai-

Hero
    USN(ret)
    Slante'
    Ancient One

What I gave seen is that they have really clobbered the renown if you are way above the level of the quest from what it was yesterday. At level it seems to come quick initially then tapers off. I am not sure what the actual renown I had collected was when the taper off started.
    I saw a lot of 5+5's in the vale, a few 15+15's, one 50+50 just for killing stuff. 4 heroic deeds and 2 valors. So running at close to level is an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Althotas View Post
    What I gave seen is that they have really clobbered the renown if you are way above the level of the quest from what it was yesterday. At level it seems to come quick initially then tapers off. I am not sure what the actual renown I had collected was when the taper off started.
    I saw a lot of 5+5's in the vale, a few 15+15's, one 50+50 just for killing stuff. 4 heroic deeds and 2 valors. So running at close to level is an advantage.
    Well that was my experience the other night in the Vale with level appropriate characters (ie within the nominal level range for the zone). see above. Might give it another spint to see if things have changed much.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Ok, so new patch went in and all (or most of) the issues I've presented are solved .

Hirelings and summoned creatures now drop renown from their kills to your guild. We've tested it by just summoning them and waiting, watching them butchering monsters and such . And yup, the system works properly! Grats Turbine.

Renown from kills is a bit rare now, but there's more chests and end rewards with it. Overall I think the guild leveling progress will be much slower now, and I'm worried about renown decay at this point. But yes, it looks more like a matter of precise "calibration" now, than of having any bugs in the system . At least on our end.

Grats again Turbine, seems you've nailed it this time. Now it would be nice if you looked deeper into how the guilds progress, or decay - but you know what to do better than me, so I'll shut up right there and wait . After all, we have that new competition now, so it's going to be fine I think.
    My Portal: www.ddopl.com | DDOpl Twiter | DDOpl on Facebook | "Gildia DDOpl"
    Me plays gee-tar.
    "There is no easy way for an honest man today".

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Well, here's just some general impressions from the few runs I did today.

Renown drops seem to have been reduced between yesterday and today. Most notably is monsters. I was going through much longer periods of killing monsters with no renown dropping. Chests seemed infrequent. I would get a string of chests with renown, then a string of chests with nothing. End rewards seemed about 100%, so that's good. But only was getting 50 from those.

So, it's a good improvement over how the renown was working through last week, but a decrease over how it was yesterday.
    Can you mention character level and CR of the quests you ran? Without this info, the feedback isn't as useful.

Mad floyd, by chance do rare chests in explorer instances have reduced renown drop rate? that or I'm on a pretty large dry streak, since it was done on Level 19 Ranger, log is above, wanted to post the names since they seem to be of different CR's(so maybe different levels of loot?)

it could just be sour luck, but at the moment it seemed to be pretty low, with a 1:18 ratio at the moment in that log(which will be getting bigger, and counting the duo as two, since there is two chances at renown).
    Last edited by Alanim; 06-19-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast