Page 23 of 189 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Im about a bit confused, so a THF pally has a chance to double-strike Smite with these changes?
    Ultimega - Ultimegus - Uggolla - Intell

I'd like to take the post to reiterate, I can live with the lag, don't change anything.

Community Member Gurbatonden_Puggh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khelden View Post
    I don't see why TWF SHOULD outDPS THF. TWF has the benefit of higher effect proc rate, that's where they should shine. Also, I'd even go and say a THF requires much more work than any TWF due to how weak they are compared to TWF. To be on par with a TWF using Greensteel, one must have epic sos. To be competitive against someone using dual chaosblade, one must create a new weapon in the game.

Like Eladrin said in his 1st post, both should be balanced out, making one style better than the other only because of the character, not the game mechanics.
    BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO INVEST MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE INTO A TWF TOON!!!!!! ....for the 20th time...hope you understood that...
    Gurbatonden Puggh(Gurb)-Dwarf Fighter 20 Bridgeet the Now No Last Name-Halfling Sorc 20 Sporkia 20 Elf Ranger/Pali Gurbeeka Alexander-Drow Cleric 20 Fluffie the Windbreaker-32pt Human Rogue 2/Bard 16 Ruppert the Long FvS 19 Distime Wit Feewing 20 Halfer Monk
    "No matter where you go.....there you are" Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    I'll be sure to forward this to SIG, as his idea of casting "remove disease" is taking things to a shooting range
    Heh, well sometimes there are even things that you can't remove. Like you need a Remove Curse and a Remove Disease...then it's better to just put it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    This is something we've discussed but is a more complicated beast to tackle. It doesn't mean it might not happen one day in the same sense that we didn't always have character copy on the preview world. For the time being the Lamannia and live Store account information is still separate.
    Yeah I can see how it is needing to be separate for all the free points that are given out for it. Because then people could use them for both live or Lamannia which wouldn't be a good thing. Maybe a similar function like the character copy could be set up.
    Where it does something like this:
    Step 1) Reads current adventure packs, account options owned, and account type.
    Set up a mysql query to read adventure packs owned(check=true), account options owned(check=true), account type(check=true) for $Account_ID.
    Step 2) Transfers them over to Lamannia Account Information.
    Update $Account_ID with adventure packs owned(check=true), account options owned(check=true), account type(check=true) for $Account_ID.
    Step 3) Verification that those two sections are the same.
    Step 4) Show account options and adventure packs owned status transfered over.
    Mainly people just want their Account Options(Character slots, races, classes) and adventure packs over there. The rest isn't really needed. And I know in the database it has things checked for what you do have. As with the new DDO Store part it can show you what you do have.
    Something similar to that perhaps.

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbatonden_Puggh View Post
    BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO INVEST MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE INTO A TWF TOON!!!!!! ....for the 20th time...hope you understood that...
    Very true. Ever since the shroud was added I think long and hard before I roll a TWF. Its a heck of a lot more work grinding out two weapons.
    Last edited by Lorien_the_First_One; 05-28-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    I'm hitting submit now because I'm deathly afraid of someone stepping on my power switch.
    That would be someone with a TWF build on live

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp3de View Post
    Im about a bit confused, so a THF pally has a chance to double-strike Smite with these changes?
    if they are using Zeal, yes.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

then lets play the pnp card again:
    in pnp twf is only useful for rogues as twf just does more damage

should be like that here too
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Yup, with Zeal up you can do Exalted Smite IV Epic Sword of Shadows and get 2 Exalted Smites. Nice huh? =P

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gol View Post

Lastly, this better come with greensteel deconstruction or you're going to have a mass riot. It costs twice as much to equip a TWF character as it does THF, and it's for good reason. If we're nerfing TWF this much, at least give people a method to recoup some of their investments. Mark my words on that riot bit.

And AOK is just the guild to start it! The cease fire will be lifted

I'll have to wait to see how these changes actually play. Because sweeping changes like this will either work better then expected, or be completely disastrous.

I do give the Devs kudos for having the cojones to take this on...

And even more kudos for giving us an informed heads-up way in advance. I very much appreciate the info - even if I'm not pleased with what the info contained.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

If using Zeal, you'll have a 10% chance to double smite with a THF weapon
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post

And this is why using pnp as source material is a bad idea. It's also why we don't get nice things.

First perspective thoughts; subject to later reconsideration:

1) Removing glancing blows while moving while THFing seems like a far more extreme nerf than many of the other things listed. Not sure why this was included but this seems a bit much. Mobs in this game move A LOT and we have to move if we want to hit them. Except for (some) raid boss fights this change is essentially removing glancing blows from the game; and any value in THF feat chain.

2) I completely understand that speed increases, technologically, make a lot of sense as to a significant factor into lag. I am little disappointed that it wasn't found "cost effective" to just upgrade in a way to make it work though. But assuming the math makes sense on your backend there...

3) Overall, I think the method of dealing with the alacrity increases (for zeal, fighter capstone, etc) is acceptable.

4) There is one thing I dislike about the changes specifically to TWF, in the collision analysis seemingly being dropped entirely from the offhand. I typically (and realistically) will fight with my main hand hitting 1 mob and my left hand hitting a 2nd mob to the left. It seems like this will be completely eradicated with these changes. This is both unrealistic and kind of lame.

5) My biggest concern is that a significant amount of content will need to be rebalanced to address these reductions to overall DPS. I can get behind ANY CHANGE that will make the lag in this game as playable as it was a year ago; but the amount of changes has the potential for significant variations that have me advocating caution as much as possible.

Personally, I would like to see some changes to alacrity rolled out first, and other changes held back as much as possible, until we could experience whether we saw significant reductions in lag with only a partial remapping.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Community Member

I have a lvl 20 monk epic equipped,
    if the developer nerf the TWF i will stop to play DDO and i return on WoW... i prefer the lag,and not you that nerf TWF, you are destroing a class.... is against the rules of d&d... nerf the twf and you will lose a monthly payer VIP.

Community Member

Nerfing is always bad whatever the reason, valid or not.

The more I play this game the more I feel that its not Dungeons and Dragons based
    on 3.5 rules, something that should be high priority since DD rules been playtested for
    decades.

The servers lag even without fighting so I don't see "Optimizing" the twf code to change
    the lag solving issue, it might solve at certain events but the suggested nerf will have
    the following affects.

- Nerf a huge amount of characters who will want a full reinc if the nerf is done.
    - Some people have for years gathered items for these builds.
    - Lots of community advice/work about character builds will become obsolete.
    - Moves game even further out from DD 3.5 rules.
    - Lots of players play solo where apparently this proc lag is not evident. Atleast
    I dont lag of weapons proccing but I do lag on running from place to place, and
    rubberbanding quite often.

I suggest. Invest in new top of the line servers ( you will anyway need them if your gonna
    upgrade graphics and support DX11 ) hire people to optimize the code in the client.
    Consider that there are mmorpgs with much better graphics with as much or even more special
    affects and procs than DDO. The client also need fixing and optimizing ( I get several times
    a week bluescreen playing DDO, something I don't get with any other game/program ), changing
    game balance is not the way to fix the problem.

Sure I don't know all the technical aspects and coding but this game mechanic nerf just sounds
    like a cheap way of fixing so you don't have to invest money in modern hardware or fix the bugs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by street1920 View Post
    I have a lvl 20 monk epic equipped,
    if the developer nerf the TWF i will stop to play DDO and i return on WoW... i prefer the lag,and not you that nerf TWF, you are destroing a class.... is against the rules of d&d... nerf the twf and you will lose a monthly payer VIP.
    i agree

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    I'd like to take the post to reiterate, I can live with the lag, don't change anything.
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post

How exactly is TWFing only useful to Rogues in PnP? I've played many TWFing melees in PnP, but they certainly weren't all rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthaz View Post
    Nerfing is always bad whatever the reason, valid or not.

Completely disagree. Some nerfs are needed. Others hepl solve other problems, as this ne is attempting to do.
    We'll just see if it works.
    Last edited by Calebro; 05-28-2010 at 02:10 PM.

hopefully one of the things that they are looking at is the fact that lag seems to be tied to the character with the worst machine/latency in the group. my lag is random in the shroud and ToD UNLESS someone is saying they are lagging. at that point, the whole thing seems to just start/stop.

I agree with Eladrin here... we have other benefits as TWF besides the higher DPS.

Increased Customization Slots
    Different per Hand Effects

This argument of investment ignores all the other associate benefits of TWF
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Page 23 of 189 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast