Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi_Hordo View Post
    The bearers of my soulstone are among the finest players in all of DDO. They are truly a rara avis and have an aura of greatness around them that permeates even the ethereal fabric of life that we attribute to spirituality. For it is just such a spiritual experience, bordering on life-affirming epiphany, to be graced with such a holy relic as my soulstone.
    It almost sounds like your soulstone is made of peyote.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblack View Post
    ToD.

30 seconds in, main tank incap, Horoth switches aggro, saved w/ no deaths.

Three tanks are permitted to die, each after healing is established on the "new" tank when the previous tanks w/ 700+ hp dies.

After the three deaths, we still get Horoth down to 5% -- then another tank is permitted to die. We call it and d-door out.

The pug FvS (that we assigned to be main on the tank since we thought that job was easiest) blames it on lack of DPS.

Wow.

To top it off, he was also chaining Raise Dead on the tanks after they died. Hard to get back up with badges.
    I played around on Khyber. Started a WF THF Rogue Fighter splash. Sent a request for an irestone party. Before accepting I get a "What's your DPS"...LOL for Irestone!!! I tell him I had a 19 strength and was THF. 19 strength must have been the winner as I was accepted. Needless to say I found out fast why WF are so popular as I played frontrunner tank for the most part. Did they know that things would have worked out better if I was the flank not the tank? Or were they too concerned about doing damage they didn't think about what would happen if they took any? Who knows, all I can say is when elitests or wannabes ruin the fun of the game you are better off playing with a bunch of gimps who know exactly why they are playing.

Not for the brag, but the fun to be had.

Community Member

/pops in, looks around

No PM's from Tarrant, that's a good sign.

/PM's Infi to say, "just checking..." and it goes through

Well, I saved the first 3 pages for the Vault just in case, but I guess this one is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi_Hordo View Post
    >>>Neither of you two are fit to carry my soulstone.
    I'll have to try to resort to bribery to revel in the glory of your soulstone...

BTW, 'Nati made the hotel reservations, I got a rental car, blocked out the time for the plane, and made arrangements at the airport for a tiedown. We're good to go. See ya soon!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulsTouch View Post
    I played around on Khyber. Started a WF THF Rogue Fighter splash. Sent a request for an irestone party. Before accepting I get a "What's your DPS"...LOL for Irestone!!! I tell him I had a 19 strength and was THF. 19 strength must have been the winner as I was accepted. Needless to say I found out fast why WF are so popular as I played frontrunner tank for the most part. Did they know that things would have worked out better if I was the flank not the tank? Or were they too concerned about doing damage they didn't think about what would happen if they took any? Who knows, all I can say is when elitests or wannabes ruin the fun of the game you are better off playing with a bunch of gimps who know exactly why they are playing.

Not for the brag, but the fun to be had.
    Yeah, I've wondered about that when the party wants the rogue to go first. Usually it means the more traditional melees and aggro magnets don't know the quest well. That gets a pass from me -- especially in low level quests.

The thing that bothered me about the lack of DPS comment was that we knocked down 170% of Horoth's hit point bar. How much DPS was needed? But it couldn't have been a healing issue...

There's a guy at work that likes to say this about similar situations: "Look at that, the entire band is marching out of step except for my son."

Yeah, I've wondered about that when the party wants the rogue to go first. Usually it means the more traditional melees and aggro magnets don't know the quest well. That gets a pass from me -- especially in low level quests.

The thing that bothered me about the lack of DPS comment was that we knocked down 170% of Horoth's hit point bar. How much DPS was needed? But it couldn't have been a healing issue...

There's a guy at work that likes to say this about similar situations: "Look at that, the entire band is marching out of step except for my son."
    Lmao.

Last night I ran in a ToD... one thing said as the group finsihed building raised my brow... one of the clerics inquired why we did not have a light spec'd monk and insisted how important it was. In my mind echo'd - "Mind your way em, good thing we've a ton dps, not that Horoth may get off a banish or two ... but that cleric in back - he be dangerous."

A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

Lmao.

Last night I ran in a ToD... one thing said as the group finsihed building raised my brow... one of the clerics inquired why we did not have a light spec'd monk and insisted how important it was. In my mind echo'd - "Mind your way em, good thing we've a ton dps, not that Horoth may get off a banish or two ... but that cleric in back - he be dangerous."

Yep. So many think there is only one way to do it.

We usually go with 3 healers since our guild has largely given up on running for boots. When I'm the third cleric, I've found I can hit the tank with enlarged heals without being in range of stun. No light monk, no problem.

I've lost count of how many people get to the shadows with us and then freak out when they realize there isn't (usually) an arcane in the party.

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    It almost sounds like your soulstone is made of peyote.
    Who told you the secret recipe?!?!?!?!?

I'll have to try to resort to bribery to revel in the glory of your soulstone...

BTW, 'Nati made the hotel reservations, I got a rental car, blocked out the time for the plane, and made arrangements at the airport for a tiedown. We're good to go. See ya soon!
    Bribery works...
    And the Welcome Gift Bags are already prepped!

[quote=Rabbi_Hordo;2944996
    But in the spirit of goodwill, I offer the Blessings of Gornn in the hopes that you both will be saved and finally attain the epiphany that surely awaits you next you see an opportunity to bear such a heavy burden as the holy relic of my soulstone in your backpack.

/hugs

HORDO

[/quote]
    Gornn Is A Lie...fall not for his wicked teachings

"Come on folks its easy" Tico 20 Cleric, Montico Arti, Longlife 18/2 Ranger/monk, Jaaomae wc 20, Teeco Cleric

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234