Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    hopefully, When You Are A Better Player, You Can Come Back.
    Lol
    Main: Castagir (completionist), officer of the Fighting Clowns of Sarlona. Alts: Modric, Modrich, Kristna and others.

Hopefully, when you are a better player, you can come back.

Edit to add the smiley. Since you are playing on Sarlona, if you thought I was serious, you may cry.
    Sure sure. Why is it that just a few short months ago I saw you begging for someone to help you along, complaining about pugs, and wondering where the helpful vets were?

You pay the money to transfer one of my 25 alts, Ill come show ya.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

I had the same happen on that quest the first time. we had a group and we had beat the vamp on norm and then hard and no real problems. So we went in on elite. Got up to the vamp section and then realized something you won't find out till you try it. He is insane on elite. He regens fast so even when we hitting him with spells he would kill the caster and then regen before we could get enough damage to kill him. He is very hard to hit with a player. My fighter had a lot of bonus and only hit on 18-20 rolls. I have a 2r/ ?F (can't remember what level the fighter was then). So the evasion allowed me to stick around awhile and take swings but I would mostly miss and get teh odd hit.

We ended up trying to get to shrine and pooched that as well. He followed us there. So after a few quick res then dies we said wait why don't we try something else. The idea was I would run and get him to chase me so the rest could res and rest. Then they would have lots of sp. Then I would get himn to chase me back to shrine and we close him in the shrine after loading it full of fw. We actually tried it 3 times (the first 2 did not work as he chased someone out before we got it closed). So eventually we roasted him with multiple fw cast just inside the shrine door.

He is a very difficult creature to fight and if you not have the right gear he is even more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by mws2970 View Post
    Lol
    I don't know what the heck you are laughing about. You will never be good enough.

Again, smiley, Sarlona, cry. yada yada you know the drill.

Lol
    This from a paladin that uses met of pg longswords.......not helping stainers case in the least bit. Dont get all cocky, it wasnt that long ago I allowed you to pike your way to shroud flagging
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Sure sure. Why is it that just a few short months ago I saw you begging for someone to help you along, complaining about pugs, and wondering where the helpful vets were?
    I fell in with the folks from the "other" forums and I have become cynical and elitist.

@OP: ... and I hope you've learned your lesson about trying to be positive around here.
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
    @OP: ... and I hope you've learned your lesson about trying to be positive around here.
    We can turn something good into a big, ugly cross server hate fest.

F all of you.

I fell in with the folks from the "other" forums and I have become cynical and elitist.
    Exactly. Your a newb. Learn your place.
    Member of Roving Guns

Exactly. Your a newb. Learn your place.
    Yes sir.

lol this is y i love kyber!

Yes sir.
    Better, now back to your regularly scheduled drama....
    Member of Roving Guns

/wonders if he was the only person who looked in this thread half-hoping to see a picture of a Pug dog with angel wings...

We can turn something good into a big, ugly cross server hate fest.

F all of you.
    Bah, no hate from here. Just having some cross-server fun is all.
    Main: Castagir (completionist), officer of the Fighting Clowns of Sarlona. Alts: Modric, Modrich, Kristna and others.

Bah, no hate from here. Just having some cross-server fun is all.
    Shhh. I was pretending we were doing good drama and you are screwing it up.

@Tarrant - Randomly delete/edit a post or two in this thread and mah day will be complete.

Unhappy

Shhh. I was pretending we were doing good drama and you are screwing it up.
    Sorry, I'll head back over to Sarlona now.

Sorry, I'll head back over to Sarlona now.
    Bye Welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

See?!??!

N00bs from my server dont even know the squelch command :/ How can any self respecting person not know this??

I rolled an alt on khyber a few years ago and the whole server was auto squelched. I had to /squelch remove anyone I actually wanted to listen too.
    Meh...I have to /squelch remove people in party b/c I usually /squelch someone without even knowing it.

/sneaky squelch
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*

See?!??!

N00bs from my server dont even know the squelch command :/ How can any self respecting person not know this??

I rolled an alt on khyber a few years ago and the whole server was auto squelched. I had to /squelch remove anyone I actually wanted to listen too.
    That be a feature of the Khyber server... dislike all those dialogs popping up though..."ARE YOU SURE YOU WISH TO UNSQUELCH STAINER?"

A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by Chris79 View Post
    Hi all, my very first post.

I've been reading the forums for the last few weeks and thought I'd post something about a positive experience with a PUG I had tonight. I rely mostly on PUGs, as the guild I'm in is friends who don't play anymore but I love the guild name, so I've stayed in it

Got a group together for Church and The Cult, as I hadn't done it on this toon (and hadn't done it in a long time previously). Assembled and went in - a good mix of rogue, arcane, clerics and dps. Lots of laughs, a few triggered traps just as the rogue would yell 'TRAAAP' *ding* and I happily rezzed players with the obligatory 'you idiot' jibes (I'm a healbot with a poor bedside manner). We got to the end and oops, there's a vampire here! Then 15 mins of all of us running around, swinging, swearing, casting, dying (I think there were 10-15 incap/deaths) and meanwhile the vampire is taking little damage and I'm using up wands at an alarming rate to cure blindness (pretty funny watching people walk INTO a flamestrike) and heal. Eventually we grabbed up what stones we had and bolted for the shrine.

We then spent 10 minutes replanning. Wiz got some fire spells, clerics equipped light spells and the fighters were told that if they didn't do any damage, their job was to hide behind a pillar and maybe start fashioning a make shift stake from some soarwood. Then it was Flaming sphere, firewall (where was that before wiz?!?) and searing light and after 2-3 mins we'd killed the vampire, Woohoo

The group was elated and so was I. This was a real challenge for us (obviously not for the vets out there) which through teamwork and planning, we managed to overcome. I'd burned through about 40k gp of wands and it was worth every cent. No one even talked about dropping when we initially failed, despite the hopelessness of it all.

I guess I just wanted to post this as my first post cos I was just so **** proud of the group right then and there. Props to the group and props to DDO for allowing it to happen and I hope there are many more similar experiences in the future

Khyber pride!

Pyrric Dwarf Clr (10) Guild: That's How I Rolled
    That reminds me of the time I got a tell when I was on Aether when she was only level 9, a lone level 6 Paladin walks in to the same quest normal solo. Halfway through...where the room riddled with traps were, he calls to me. I been through the quest before to disarm with a full party. I didn't know he was level 6, nor did I know he was solo.

So when I see a single name pop up I am thinking we are about to get a party up and all together go in from the beginning. Instead I get "I am already in".

I thought he was just inside so I calmly step in, no biggie. I noticed his spell points were depleted and that he was deeper in then I thought. "Oh great" I thought "He isn't in the tavern he is having problems."

To make a long story short we make it to the vampire actually fairly easy, and curse it all we do 1-2 damage every 20 swings or so lol...(Later I made it a mission to retrieve some Holy weapons)

Aether is more of a rogue not a real caster (one level of cleric come on ), but she is always loaded with wands. So what happened is I end up rotating heals and attacks armed only with cure moderate wounds wands (Most of the time blind as a bat).

Near the End the pally seen what I was doing so started in with his own wand...and unbelievably we pulled through killing the vampire lord with nothing but cure mod wands.

"Did you even get a hit in?" I asked, "Not one", he said. We laughed it up, and he expressed his gratitude to me for giving him a hand.
    I wasn't mad about the cost. That was probably one of the best, most challenging adventures I had to date then.
    Last edited by GhoulsTouch; 05-06-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast