Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The PUG from Heaven

Hi all, my very first post.

I've been reading the forums for the last few weeks and thought I'd post something about a positive experience with a PUG I had tonight. I rely mostly on PUGs, as the guild I'm in is friends who don't play anymore but I love the guild name, so I've stayed in it

Got a group together for Church and The Cult, as I hadn't done it on this toon (and hadn't done it in a long time previously). Assembled and went in - a good mix of rogue, arcane, clerics and dps. Lots of laughs, a few triggered traps just as the rogue would yell 'TRAAAP' *ding* and I happily rezzed players with the obligatory 'you idiot' jibes (I'm a healbot with a poor bedside manner). We got to the end and oops, there's a vampire here! Then 15 mins of all of us running around, swinging, swearing, casting, dying (I think there were 10-15 incap/deaths) and meanwhile the vampire is taking little damage and I'm using up wands at an alarming rate to cure blindness (pretty funny watching people walk INTO a flamestrike) and heal. Eventually we grabbed up what stones we had and bolted for the shrine.

We then spent 10 minutes replanning. Wiz got some fire spells, clerics equipped light spells and the fighters were told that if they didn't do any damage, their job was to hide behind a pillar and maybe start fashioning a make shift stake from some soarwood. Then it was Flaming sphere, firewall (where was that before wiz?!?) and searing light and after 2-3 mins we'd killed the vampire, Woohoo

The group was elated and so was I. This was a real challenge for us (obviously not for the vets out there) which through teamwork and planning, we managed to overcome. I'd burned through about 40k gp of wands and it was worth every cent. No one even talked about dropping when we initially failed, despite the hopelessness of it all.

I guess I just wanted to post this as my first post cos I was just so **** proud of the group right then and there. Props to the group and props to DDO for allowing it to happen and I hope there are many more similar experiences in the future

Khyber pride!

Pyrric Dwarf Clr (10) Guild: That's How I Rolled

KHYBER: Drilltex WF Monk 20 (TRx2), Pyrric Human Wiz (20), Drilltor WF Wiz (20), Drillsworn WF FvS (18)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris79 View Post
    Hi all, my very first post.

I've been reading the forums for the last few weeks and thought I'd post something about a positive experience with a PUG I had tonight. I rely mostly on PUGs, as the guild I'm in is friends who don't play anymore but I love the guild name, so I've stayed in it

Got a group together for Church and The Cult, as I hadn't done it on this toon (and hadn't done it in a long time previously). Assembled and went in - a good mix of rogue, arcane, clerics and dps. Lots of laughs, a few triggered traps just as the rogue would yell 'TRAAAP' *ding* and I happily rezzed players with the obligatory 'you idiot' jibes (I'm a healbot with a poor bedside manner). We got to the end and oops, there's a vampire here! Then 15 mins of all of us running around, swinging, swearing, casting, dying (I think there were 10-15 incap/deaths) and meanwhile the vampire is taking little damage and I'm using up wands at an alarming rate to cure blindness (pretty funny watching people walk INTO a flamestrike) and heal. Eventually we grabbed up what stones we had and bolted for the shrine.

We then spent 10 minutes replanning. Wiz got some fire spells, clerics equipped light spells and the fighters were told that if they didn't do any damage, their job was to hide behind a pillar and maybe start fashioning a make shift stake from some soarwood. Then it was Flaming sphere, firewall (where was that before wiz?!?) and searing light and after 2-3 mins we'd killed the vampire, Woohoo

The group was elated and so was I. This was a real challenge for us (obviously not for the vets out there) which through teamwork and planning, we managed to overcome. I'd burned through about 40k gp of wands and it was worth every cent. No one even talked about dropping when we initially failed, despite the hopelessness of it all.

I guess I just wanted to post this as my first post cos I was just so **** proud of the group right then and there. Props to the group and props to DDO for allowing it to happen and I hope there are many more similar experiences in the future

Khyber pride!

Pyrric Dwarf Clr (10) Guild: That's How I Rolled
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on the awesome PUG.
    Ghallanda - Deltree (Rogue 11), Niecih (Cleric 14) Pemn (Barb 8), Ehseri (Sorc 3) - Blackmoor Defenders

Unhappy

/scroll up...

hmmm, yes is Khyber.

A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

/scroll up...

hmmm, yes is Khyber.

why so sad emili? did I post this in wrong spot?

KHYBER: Drilltex WF Monk 20 (TRx2), Pyrric Human Wiz (20), Drilltor WF Wiz (20), Drillsworn WF FvS (18)

Well, this is Khyber. It is expected that our pugs will be successful. In fact, our pugs are better equipped than the other servers best guilds. We don't like to talk about it on the forums though. Soon, somebody from one of those other servers will come over and try to hate on you.

What we use the Khyber forums for is to tell stories about people that /ragequit or level 20 rangers wearing a +1 lesser acid guard breastplate. This encourages them to either get better or go to the other servers where they will be happier. Feel free to use the Khyber forums to make fun of a guy named Slink too. I will PM you all his alts name so you can send him /tells for $$$. He likes to help.

Some people like to post apology threads on Khyber forums too. I don't know why though.

So, in conclusion, we are happy your pug went from disaster to success. We expect that. Slink gives free $$$ and items if you send him /tells. Never apologize.

What kinda wizard enters an undead dungeon without firewall and fireball? And what kinda cleric enters the same dungeon without searing light and Holy Smite??? All very effective spells for fighting undead. If properly used, the DPS could just stand around and watch the 'magic' as it were.

Great story though, I've been part of the same PUG's makes for some galvanizing experiences. It takes some patience and gamesmanship though.

Ehrm.
    Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Soon, somebody from one of those other servers will come over and try to hate on you.
    Doh.
    Quote Originally Posted by under_miner View Post
    What kinda wizard enters an undead dungeon without firewall and fireball? And what kinda cleric enters the same dungeon without searing light and Holy Smite??? All very effective spells for fighting undead. If properly used, the DPS could just stand around and watch the 'magic' as it were.
    It is a gift.

You have much to learn young grasshoppah!
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*

Well, this is Khyber. It is expected that our pugs will be successful. In fact, our pugs are better equipped than the other servers best guilds. We don't like to talk about it on the forums though. Soon, somebody from one of those other servers will come over and try to hate on you.
    This is my first forum too, I'm new to the whole MMO thing . I guess I just got tired of reading all the negative stuff and flaming and thought would try for something a bit positive for a change (don't get me wrong, please continue to flame on, it's often quite amusing!).

What about everyone else? Care to post some memorable positive PUG experiences you've had?

Oh and Slink, I need some money, I promise I'll pay you back, you know I'm good for it. I can pay you back in potatoes if you wish Also, could you get me a +8 Heavy Mace of Thundering, Everbright, Frost, Ghost Touch of Visciousness please. I promise we'll be BFF if you do

<3 Chris

Oh and Slink, I need some money, I promise I'll pay you back, you know I'm good for it. I can pay you back in potatoes if you wish Also, could you get me a +8 Heavy Mace of Thundering, Everbright, Frost, Ghost Touch of Visciousness please. I promise we'll be BFF if you do <3 Chris
    Yes. You are getting better at posting.

Great story. I have one as well that is worth metioning.

I am in a PUG for the Mindsunder. Now first you have to know I am an old/noob. I have come and gone in this game from the beginning. Pretty much any quest past Merida, and even some of them, I am new too. I have ran this quest chain 2 times so far and the first one there was no plan at the end. We just beat up on the crystal and I healed. Before the last room I am told to go into the fireplace with the wizard. So I run in behind him and get in the fire place on the south wall, where I noticed the mage go on my first run. Well the mage went to the fireplace on the North wall. I seen his HP drop and started to heal, but he was blocked. I ran through 3 BB to try and get to him, but failed. everyone died, but I was able to reach the shrine from where I died. We were able to rez and heal everyone and got the quest done with no other problems. Everyone just laughed at the fact that we went to the wrong places. I felt bad about the wipe but everyone was cool and we ran it again right after. Many people here are great to run with and will remember, we were all new at some point.
    Once you go Dwarf you will never go back

Oh... do not mind me, t'was early . Am glad I was able to decipher your OP with the Khyberian decoder ring... I feel much better now thank you.

Hi all, my millionth post.

I've been trolling the forums for the last few years and thought I'd post something about an appalling experience with a PUG I had last night. I rely mostly on PUGs, as the guild I'm in were a$$hats who don't play anymore but I bloody despise the guild name, so I wallow in it.

Got a group together for that bloody house P vampire one, as I had done it on this toon a hundred times over (and had ransacked the bloody **** out of it). Assembled and went in - a good mix of rogue, arcane, clerics and dps. Lots of b1tchin’, a ton triggered traps just as the rogue would yell 'TRAAAP' *ding* and I begrudgingly rezzed players with the obligatory 'you bloody N00b eejit' jabs (I'm a battlecleric with a mean bedside manner who’s mana is for ME!). We got to the end and oops, there's that vampire here! Then 105 mins of all of them running around, swinging, swearing, casting, dying (I think there were 100-150 deaths, none bloody mine) and meanwhile the vampire is taking little damage from these n00bs and I'm using up my wands and sp at an alarming rate to cure blindness (pretty pathetic watching stupid n00bs walk INTO a flamestrike) and healing when I could have killed him myself 100 times over by now. Eventually I grabbed up what stones and tossed them in the lava down in the fire mephit’s room.

I then spent 10 minutes dancing around on the altar as they whined. Wiz reze’d out, clerics equipped light spells and and BB the fighters were told that they suck balls, their job was to pike in the lava and ****. Then it was bb and searing light and after 2-3 mins I killed the vampire, Woohoo

The group was p1$$ed and so was I elated. This was a real pittance of a run for me (obviously they could not give up the loot they may have pulled to me) which through my work and ubberness, I managed to show-off. I'd burned through about 400k pp of wands on eejit N00bs and it was worth every cent to hear them cry besides I've millions. No one even talked about dropping when they initially failed, ‘cause those bloody pikers knew I was awesome.

I guess I just wanted to post this cos I am just so **** egotistical and ubber to boot. Props to ME and to DDO for allowing ME to kick a$$ and I hope there are many more similar experiences in the future

Khyber pride!

Pyrric Dwarf Clr (10) Guild: That's How I Roll, get used to it!
    Quite very Khyberian. Congratz and awesome.
    Last edited by Emili; 05-06-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Ugh its contagious.

very sad that the dribble from my server has found its way over here
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Ugh its contagious.

very sad that the dribble from my server has found its way over here
    /squelch
    Main: Castagir (completionist), officer of the Fighting Clowns of Sarlona. Alts: Modric, Modrich, Kristna and others.

Quote Originally Posted by mws2970 View Post
    /squelch
    See?!??!

N00bs from my server dont even know the squelch command :/ How can any self respecting person not know this??

I rolled an alt on khyber a few years ago and the whole server was auto squelched. I had to /squelch remove anyone I actually wanted to listen too.
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by mws2970 View Post
    /squelch
    When other servers drag drama onto our forums, do we get a prize or something? If you think about it, it is pretty awesome. The thread started out as a feel good, I love puppies thread, and ends with people from Sarlona squelching each other. This has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by quikster View Post
    I Rolled An Alt On Khyber A Few Years Ago And The Whole Server Was Auto Squelched. I Had To /squelch Remove Anyone I Actually Wanted To Listen Too.
    Awesome!

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

Oh... do not mind me, t'was early . Am glad I was able to decipher your OP with the Khyberian decoder ring... I feel much better now thank you.

Quite very Khyberian. Congratz and awesome.
    Brilliant!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

When other servers drag drama onto our forums, do we get a prize or something? If you think about it, it is pretty awesome. The thread started out as a feel good, I love puppies thread, and ends with people from Sarlona squelching each other. This has potential.
    Bah I was playing on Khyber before you were even a twinkle in the char generators eye!
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Bah I was playing on Khyber before you were even a twinkle in the char generators eye!
    Hopefully, when you are a better player, you can come back.

Edit to add the smiley. Since you are playing on Sarlona, if you thought I was serious, you may cry.
    Last edited by stainer; 05-06-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast