Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Widget?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    If you can't find the widget automatically, you can also add it to your page by hand! Just log into my.ddo and click "my admin". Then on the left side click "appearance" and chose "widgets". You'll see a list of boxes, which are all the parts that show up on your my.ddo page. If the one that says "Lottery" has the word "add" next to it, click "add" and it will put it on your page. Then all you need to do is click the link in the upper left to go back to your page and find it! By default it's on the left side, and you may have to scroll down if it's not at the very top left.

I must be dumb. I'm not finding a widget and the only links I find under my admin are dashboard, profile and tools, and none of them contain an "appearance" link. Or does this not work with Firefox?

[QUOTE=Tolero;2941355]
    Welcome to the DDO Lottery!

Frequently Asked Questions

My character doesn’t show up on my.DDO.com. Can I still play?

Not with that character, but you may use (or even create) another character to play the Lottery with if you choose. We are aware that some players do not correctly appear in my.DDO.com and have an update in the works that should resolve the issue for the majority of players impacted.

[
    Where do I report bugs / send kudos / provide destructive criticism / conflate web development with game development?

For now, we’d appreciate it if discussions of this type were in the my.ddo.com discussion forum. Thanks!

Known Issues

TOLERO

I just don't understand how you can improve something instead of fixing it first.

Is the same of dedicate you car development team to provide new options of weels instead of fixing first the critical engine problem that don't let a good part of you saled cars work.
    It means full desrespect for you customer.
    Helloween/Trooperrj/Dreamhealer/Sepulturaa/ x SabotageX/Ironhell/Aceshigh/Halibaba/gammaray/Blindgardian/Megadethx and 22 others..INFERUS SUS-Thelanis
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzian View Post
    we already have a ddo lottery. its called dragontouched armor.
    This
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ebuddy View Post
    Why? You can't honestly expect us to believe that the Devs have nothing better to do than this?
    QFT - made me laugh out loud. So sad, so true

Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

Post Exploit?

I've noticed that every time I log in to the game it will let me enter the lottery.
    Intended?
    Did that 3 times within about 15 minutes:start game->enter toon->submit registration for lottery->wait for it to finish and exit->and repeat. Each time this was done the slider bar on the "current entries" shrank a little as if more names were added to that list (though I can't find any duplicate listings for the different lotteries.) Is this registering the same toons multiple times for a single lottery? If so, it'll deflate the value when this really gets going.

Are there settings somewhere so that we can remove names from the winners list?
    It would also be handy if the winners list removed a name automatically when the toon retrieved their winnings?

Like the idea. Can't wait to see where it leads to. Looking forward to the way this works with the next events.
    Last edited by Marupal; 05-09-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Community Member

Default Like it

I like the lottery drawing - It was very simple to figure out, and is not time-intensive so that I can take a quick peek at it during work. One of my characters won some ham, and I received it with no issues. I appreciate little gifts like this, so thank you!

Okay, to answer a few questions if they didn't get answered on the last page...the lottery is a wonderful idea! I enter every day, and I have won several times! I didn't win the Mother's Day basket, even though I'm Still Da Mom.

I had trouble finding it at first too, but after a few times I got it down. I usually start at the forums since I have that book marked. Then I click the My DDO buttonat the top. Then I click my name towards the top right (I hate typing stuff in). This will bring up all your characters. I click the widget, on the left side where Tolero says it will be. I click enter, and select all. Poof! All my characters are entered!

I found that my characters were listed in order as I created them. Since I have OCD and cannot delete a character, I didn't have any problems with anyone showing up that didn't belong there.

About having multiple lotteries, YES! Like Tolero said, there was Tastey Ham, Mother's Day and Energy Boost, and Pick Me up (I have yet to figure out the last two out).

For those of you who complained, you need to stay off these forums!

Happy Lottery everyone!
    Last edited by stilldamom; 05-11-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marupal View Post
    I've noticed that every time I log in to the game it will let me enter the lottery.
    Intended?
    No, and I suspect that we need to look at some further cache busting techniques to make sure the in-game browser refreshes the form properly each time you view it.

Is this registering the same toons multiple times for a single lottery?
    Fortunately, no, it only registers them once. Behind the curtain, any duplicate entries that come in are discarded.

Are there settings somewhere so that we can remove names from the winners list?
    It would also be handy if the winners list removed a name automatically when the toon retrieved their winnings?
    Currently, no, that list will grow and grow based on how lucky the dice roll for you. We have plans on alleviating the issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duwis View Post

Currently, no, that list will grow and grow based on how lucky the dice roll for you. We have plans on alleviating the issue though.

When you do alleviate that issue, can you also reverse the sort order, so newest winners are on top?

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

The drawing's end time is:
    (1) Only displayed when you sign up for drawing. I'd like it listed on the Current Entries list.

and

(2) Displayed in a non-standard format. The most recent one is listed as:
    "Tasty Lotto!
    Ends 05/12/2010 18:25pm"
    I'd like it to use my MyDDO date format and timezone preferences, so I can actually tell what time this is without doing extra math. Maybe also display the time to the end of the drawing in days/hours/minutes.

I must say I like the lotto! Even winning something as small as tasty ham is fun.

I did notice for this Fridays lotto you snuck in a Friendship Bracelet in the prizes! Very awesome!
    Ghallandra - Formerly Fernia
    Catessia lvl 14 Cleric, Catessa lvl 16 Fighter, Mrscheg lvl 14 Rogue, Comtesse lvl 16 Battle Caster(6 fighter, 10 sorc), Cati lvl 20 Sorc, Catica lvl 14 Sorc, Catesse lvl 13 Sorc
    "We Often Meet Our Destiny On the Road We Take To Avoid It"

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Hope they won't bind, expect they will

From the Tasty Test Lotto thread:
    As far as I know the prizes in my current lotto treasure chest are not bound.
    I hope this holds true for future lottos, but expect it not to. The current lotto includes some nice items I'd like to be able to switch to my main account if I win on a mule. At least the guest pass can be used on someone else, so that is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    From the Tasty Test Lotto thread:

I hope this holds true for future lottos, but expect it not to. The current lotto includes some nice items I'd like to be able to switch to my main account if I win on a mule. At least the guest pass can be used on someone else, so that is nice.
    I'm fairly sure the items are not bound if anyone gets one that is bound please let me know, as I am not anticipating anything in my current treasure chest to be bound. It isn't to say there may not be some bound things in the future, but as it stands right now I have no "bound" items that I am aware of.

I got some Heal Moderate Potions from I believe the Mother's Day Lotto, and not only were they bound, but they were bound to character not account.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Quote Originally Posted by entropyspinner View Post
    I must be dumb. I'm not finding a widget and the only links I find under my admin are dashboard, profile and tools, and none of them contain an "appearance" link. Or does this not work with Firefox?
    It works with firefox. It is all I have used with it.

Click on "my admin", then click on "appearance".

I'm fairly sure the items are not bound if anyone gets one that is bound please let me know, as I am not anticipating anything in my current treasure chest to be bound. It isn't to say there may not be some bound things in the future, but as it stands right now I have no "bound" items that I am aware of.
    Mother's Day Rest Shrine was bound if I recall. Will have to log over to the character that got it to double check. Haven't won anything other than the hams and that though, so not sure on the other stuff.

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

Community Member

Won the energetic loto and the potion are bound to character, try to put them in the shared bank and didn't work...

Based on what I have seen, anything special has been bound to the character that gets the mail. Hams and things like normal Haste potions have not been bound.

I had one Mothers Day winner and one Pick me Up winner, and both had bound to character items. The Pick Me Up Lotto had things like Enduring Dex Potions, that bound (for my low Dex Dwarf Warrior....), Haste Potions (unbound) and something else that Bound to character that might be useful.

I would really recommend that you try to minimize this since you will many times end up with nice, but USELESS for that character, gifts from lotto's.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Thanks for the reports folks! I'm investigating the bind status of the prizes (the bound/unbound seems to be conditional per-item so far). Worst case we'll just have to start including a comment on bound items so you know whether to enter alts or mains in those lotteries.

Alright, so I've gotten clarity on the bound/unbound items. Unfortunately it is still a "per item" situation, so from this point on a note of "Bound prizes" will appear in the lottery description if any of the prizes are bound for that lottery. I'll update the Lottery FAQ to clarify this for newcomers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast