Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee82 View Post
    Any advice for doing this with a divine caster or just BB and kite?
    I pretty much BB and kite, on the 2nd and 3rd fight I use implosion when its up. As for the last fight I drop a BB at the floating runes leading into the room and 1 at the altar and just do circles around letting him get hit twice per BB he passes through. I use enevate/destruction on the humanoid looking ones if they are just standing there casting at me and not moving through BB.

Takes me about 10ish mins on normal, only did it on elite solo once and took me around 20, but it was also my first attempt and I didnt know what to expect, I could prob do it in 15 now.

I actually had eardweller drop twice for me. I thought it was supposed to be a drop in the clam and saw it run off but ignored it the first time and left. The second time my fire ele attacked and killed it.

You cannot ransack the clam, but you can ransack the completion reward.
    Last edited by ToKu; 11-28-2010 at 01:27 AM.
    D.W.A.T - Thelanis
    Dilim - 13 Archmage TR1 ~ Pugna - 10 Pale Master ~ Vorstellung - 20 Cleric

Kobold - The other white meat.

Ok, so I've been running around EoT for 20 mins now trying to find the **** ledge... anyone got a hint for me?
    Long Live New Xoriat
    "I wish I had a chest so big you could zone into it." - Tolero at Gencon '07
    Thank you Gary - 3/4/08

Quote Originally Posted by LordDamax
    Ok, so I've been running around EoT for 20 mins now trying to find the **** ledge... anyone got a hint for me?
    A bulk of the perching spots in Eye of the Titan were removed in Update 5.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    A bulk of the perching spots in Eye of the Titan were removed in Update 5.
    From what I've read/heard one/some still exist... is that untrue?
    Long Live New Xoriat
    Thank you Gary - 3/4/08

Default no need for perch

just to let you all know, I kinda got in trouble for explaining to much on perching in EoT. I have my dweller now and swore never to go back, but I did right after the last update and can confirm the holy perching spots are GONE.

Its not a big deal, just kill the last 4 revers, get aggro and run back to the beginning with the boss in tow. The idea behind this is to avoid getting more spawn while you kill the boss.

Also funny thing, I have gotten the ED twice, first time was soloing and the bug went UNDERGROUND (could not pick up, DM would not help). The second time, I was jokingly helping a guild run and the little bugger came right for me! So ya, I got mine in a group...hahah after all that soloing...

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee82 View Post
    Any advice for doing this with a divine caster or just BB and kite?
    BB/kite, coupled with energy drain/destruction for mobs that just refuse to go through the BB. If you've got enough mana before the ambush, you can even crit fish BBs lol.

For what it's worth, I got my Eardweller in about 10 elite EoT runs.
    Last edited by sweez; 11-29-2010 at 09:04 AM.
    Comfortably [d|n]umb

Weirdly / Annoyed of Khyber
    WanderLust EuroTrash

Community Member

Titan is a joke. Elite Dreaming Dark, bonus chest. 2man with a rogue, as if they have the skills they can open the doors.

Kill the first 3 spawns. Go down, enervate/fod a few more, and 2 or 3 dream reavers. All told, 10 kills and you can go upstairs. 2 more ghosts and 3 dreamreavers to loot. After practice, 5-6min a run.
    Reidra fragment of Khyber;
    Aleos - Original Rogueadin (TM) Ales - DPSadin
    Alsalak - Sorc o' Death Alsmonk - Guess. Alvan - Miniture Batman

I just soloed DD on normal so I could open hard.

I go back in on Hard, two boxing with my hagglebot to hold the instance. I go in, and clear the mobs. I log out, I log in my rogue. I open the doors. I log back in my sorc.

Go up, kill the mobs, pop the chest.

FIRST TRY I got the eardweller on Dreaming Dark hard, extra chest.

Thats after god knows how many horribly boring and long EoT runs.
    Long Live New Xoriat
    Thank you Gary - 3/4/08

^your lucky, that procedure sounds ruff for farming!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsaun View Post
    ^your lucky, that procedure sounds ruff for farming!
    Its not too bad.

Bring placeholder (2nd account on 2nd computer) into quest. Reason? If I change characters I cannot get back into same instance... bringing him in group and into quests holds the instance open.

Clear to doors. Log out. Log in rogue outside quest. Join group, run and unlock, log out. Log sorc back in, join group, go get chest.

Its not too bad. Faster than dealing with the **** EoT farming.

It'd be INFINITELY faster for a caster to just get a rogue to duo it with him. I didnt have that luxury this morning.
    Long Live New Xoriat
    Thank you Gary - 3/4/08

well I would have loved to check this way out had I not already cut off both my arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Heronous View Post
    The clam can not be ransacked.
    giggety

Community Member

FwS18. Solo elite 25-28 min.
    Had 10 times. Had no Xachosian Eardweller.
    Continue...

Edited:
    22-25 min per run. 10 runs on elite. Got it.
    Last edited by oneman2010; 02-05-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Default The Dreaming Dark

I got my eardweller solo farming the optional chest in The Dreaming Dark on hard on my third run, and then a another eardweller dropped while helping a friend out on the same quest and same difficulty 2 runs later.

Community Member

I got my eardweller also on optional dreaming dark elite after like 3 hours of farming.

Community Member

Agree with the others; have a friendly wiz/sorc show you how to farm eardweller in dreaming dark (i did it on hard because elite took a lot longer to complete). Took me 28 tries to get it.

If you do want to stick with Eye of the Titan, I'd say drop a cloudkill, get a bunch of them following you, then drop cod + wail. Run around in circles until the spells are off timer again and repeat. The reavers are a little bit tougher...use energy drain on them individually if they survive the first cod + wail combo. Instakill is king in there. For the end boss, what i do is just jump on the altar and hit him with stacking niac's + eldar's + cycle some other evo spells until the dot timers are up.

Necro alert!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123