Default low level khyber pugs

ok so i just saw a thread about this on another server, unfortunatly they have not had such a good run, and i thought after my last rant about pugs id put in a positive one...a few days ago i made a bard as i have a friend who is just starting ddo and im helping them learn i put up group and got it filled pretty quick all with competent, helpful players though i knw the quests my friend didnt and all where working together and getting us through (as a team no one was being left behind) i made a few friends from the pugs ive been running on my lil halfling and all have been great... even with brand new ppl who have never played ddo before... all of the ones i've had have been willing to listen and have loved the advice i have been able to give, i'm no vet but i know i would have been thankful for someone to teach me the things i know now when i first started...all in all the groups have been a major success i find that in the lower levels ppl are alot kinder and easier on the new ppl and the ppl who have been playing a while are all willing to help and wait for the new ones.. it's quite strange actually lol bit of a difference to when i play on my cleric :S unfortuanlty my friend chose a cleric which is good but a lot of pressure she is only just beginning to see..lol but she understands her role and is learning to heal ppl with guidance new players can become great players we should be helping them achieve this so we have competent players later

just my thoughts anyhow
    Last edited by k0ukla; 05-03-2010 at 01:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx
    k0ukla, you da bomb
    Khyber - Indianna ~ Cleric, Museek ~ Bard, Hjeeelme ~ FvS/Mnk, Suganspyyce ~ Rgr/Mnk
    *^* Member/Bubble Girl ~ Forgotten Souls *^*

Ahh yes glad to hear that my khyber pugs still have some fight in them. I do agree with you for the most part, I mean in order for people to learn to play this gaem they can either A.) learn it on there own are B.) us vets can lend a helping hand when ever we have the spare time. Now dont get me wrong i am all for zerging an geting stuff done from short manning to soloing but there also comes a time when i need a little break from that an need to slow down and thats when I dont mind taken a group for new people through a quest nice an slow and explaining to them whats going on! Woot for khyber!

PUGs are like a box of chocolates.

Some are good, some are mediocre, some are poisonous.

The first category are usually led by a TR'ed toon that insists on entering the quest on Elite.
    The second are usually led by someone that wants to run Normal.
    The final category are usually led by a non-TR that insists on entering the quest on Elite.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

ha not entirely true! While running with those who have TR'd usually is a safe move there are some out there that are so full of themselfs that it ends in epic failure!

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    PUGs are like a box of chocolates.

Some are good, some are mediocre, some are poisonous.

The first category are usually led by a TR'ed toon that insists on entering the quest on Elite.
    The second are usually led by someone that wants to run Normal.
    The final category are usually led by a non-TR that insists on entering the quest on Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by sonanth View Post
    ha not entirely true! While running with those who have TR'd usually is a safe move there are some out there that are so full of themselfs that it ends in epic failure!
    That's true, but rare in my experience.

Usually if a PUG is led by a WF Sor7 with the TR marks, it'll be someone that has Haste, Fireball (or Acid Blast, rarely Lightning Bolt) and the appropriate clicky or potions to boost it by 75% (or at least 60%) and they can solo many overlevel quests on elite. They'll also often have 100% fortification (+1 Docent of Mod Fort).

OTOH, a Sor7 that isn't TR'ed probably won't have Haste or Resists, and may have terrible spell selections such as Slow (not a worthless spell, but far weaker than the alternatives).

BuT But slow is so much cooler than haste! No i do agree a TR should know what spells work well and which just are not so hot But on a side not jus cause the toon is not TR'd doesnt mean that its not some who hasnt been around and just doesnt feel like TR due to the fact of little gains for the increased exp. All in all again i do agree with you though for the most part i just feel like debating for whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by sonanth View Post
    BuT But slow is so much cooler than haste! No i do agree a TR should know what spells work well and which just are not so hot But on a side not jus cause the toon is not TR'd doesnt mean that its not some who hasnt been around and just doesnt feel like TR due to the fact of little gains for the increased exp. All in all again i do agree with you though for the most part i just feel like debating for whatever reason
    The other factor is that skilled players rolling new non-TR alts tend to be less equipped - because TRs are at each level for longer, people twink them more.

For instance, a double TR'ed TWF Pal10 will take over twice as long to hit level 12 as a fresh Pal10, so they are more likely to seek out dual race-required +4 Holy (Risia) Icy Burst of Pure Good weapons, or even to have a Sword of Shadows from a past life - a vet's new non-TR'ed Pal10 may still be using the +3 Holy (Risia) Frost weapons they had from level 8.