Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi_Hordo View Post
    Lemme see, so you are saying that the OP is posting from a war zone. I'm guessing it is ostensibly Afghanistan, perhaps? Maybe near the real-world locale that gave our wonderful server its name?

The Khyber Pass?

I'm pretty sure it is named on most military maps as well as civilian ones as it is ridiculously close to Kabul and right at Jalalabad.

Actually it's Iraq if I remember correctly, not sure which countries ISP's are better...lol

Here is a pic of the area also (least the one hordo speaks of)
    Cord is in Iraq somewheres.
    Dad is near/about Kabul til jan '11. grrr.

afghan side

pakistani side

I am glad to have stayed out of the Sandbox... SE Asia was good enough for me.

Anyway, rant from me...

Had this newb Paladin in a Coal Chamber run on Saturday that just could not stop falling...his Mario-Fu just totally sucked...I don't know why the party waited for him...they should have just left him wallowing in his newbsauce...

Quote Originally Posted by flynnjsw View Post
    I am glad to have stayed out of the Sandbox... SE Asia was good enough for me.

Anyway, rant from me...

Had this newb Paladin in a Coal Chamber run on Saturday that just could not stop falling...his Mario-Fu just totally sucked...I don't know why the party waited for him...they should have just left him wallowing in his newbsauce...
    I didnt know Stainer had a paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by Slink View Post
    Here is a pic of the area also (least the one hordo speaks of)
    Cord is in Iraq somewheres.
    Dad is near/about Kabul til jan '11. grrr.

afghan side

pakistani side

Hope they both come home SOON!!!

And, that is pretty darned cool to have pics of both sides of the Khyber pass!

If I can +1 I will!!!!

EDIT: NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Darned Turbine and their making me a rep slattern before re-repping folks!

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    I just did a ToD that Slink didn't die on, as he usually does. I sent him a tell saying, "Good job not dying this time noobsauce." He sent me a reply, that quite frankly, I don't believe is physically possible for me to do. At least I don't think I could do what he said I should do without a lot of yoga and a vise grip. I think that this was a rude response to a heartfelt congratulations at his successful run. So, do you think he is mean? Should my feelings be hurt? I think he is a big doody head. I am so putting this on my facespace page, or whatever it is. Discuss.
    I took a spankin' for him that time... judged, cursed, chained, toss’d about and pushed into the penalty box.

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    I have clickies that throw hastes longer than the ones he threw!
    There was haste? I know he mentioned a quickie a couple times but… oh, well thought he meant something else.

Quote Originally Posted by sonanth View Post
    haha … …
    O yea as for as the internet goes it all depends on how much u feel like paying i have the wireless an with the amount of people out here it is pretty bad actually.
    How could you expect someone who lived 10 minutes away from Fpoon in the states to win a spelling bee… he’s so used to having a cord… besides.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

hrmmm i guess you are right after reading thise i went and look and go figure this isnt the only thread i have done that in. Its not like i dont actually know how to spell i mean i have been here for four years. Grr Guess its back to school for me
    It's ok, I was just venting
    Ultimega - Ultimegus - Uggolla - Intell

Quote Originally Posted by Slink View Post
    I didnt know Stainer had a paladin?
    From the low amount of heals your cleric threw, I am surprised you noticed that anyone was in the group. I saw people hitting breakables hoping a potion would drop.

haha em good one! Speaking of fpoon i called him through skype the other day while he was in crucible with good ole Nexx!

Its ok intell thats the purpose of this thread

As for as where i am located well mostly in baghdad but with the mission we are tasked with that isnt always the case i have convoyed and flown around most of iraq.

I must say this place smells horrible even though they have the cleanest porta Johns i have ever seen!

... i have convoyed and flown around most of iraq.

I must say this place smells horrible even though they have the cleanest porta Johns i have ever seen!
    ATTENTION KHYBER SERVER DENIZENS~~~~~

We must petition the Government and the Military to make OUST Air Freshener a standard-issue item for our soldiers in Iraq.

Word on the ground is that the place stinks WORSE than the porta-Johns!!!!

Indeed this is a dire situation.

ha trust me OUST cant save this Place! On the bright side though i have found that on a sunny day if u climb up top of your little trailer room little thing and lay down u can get a great tan in a matter of mins. Hrmm prolly not a good idea whenthe 130+ degree wheather gets here though.

Question AH Pricing

Hello fellow Khyber players. I have been playing DDO for a couple of months and I must say that it is the best mmo out there and I've played about 90% of them. The only real problem that I have is the AH prices and well the lack of a guild banking system but thats another thread entirely. I was scrolling the the AH just for the heck of it even though I never buy anything unless I see a good deal which is rare on Khyber when I noticed the pricing on The Ring Of Feathers price range of 75kpp to 175kpp. Ok here is my gripe with that most of the people who have that lying around probably have access to the vet status and can just go a lvl without permenant feather fall and get boots at a good bit less. So whats up with the pricing on The Ring Of Feathers.

Toons
    Crulax 20th Cleric 2130 sp
    Lakanthia 11th Fighter TWF Rapiers

Angry War against 10yr olds who use voice chat.

I'm sorry I'm generally a pretty patient person but 10yr old children shouldn't be allowed to play this game let alone use voice chat in pugs. It's noise pollution people and we shouldn't allow it. If I join your party and I hear high pitched whinning I will simply leave no explanation I will just leave. Join me in my war against this noise pollution people.

Toon
    Crulax 20th Cleric
    Lakanthia 11th Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by TWDiggs1980 View Post
    So whats up with the pricing on The Ring Of Feathers.
    No kidding, for a junky low durability ring, that price is disgusting.

It isnt like you need FF anyways, almost anywhere ingame.
    Ride walls to the floor or hitch a ladder right before the bottom.
    Plus, you get to the bottom faster that way, ask Dreamler!

Quote Originally Posted by TWDiggs1980 View Post
    I'm sorry I'm generally a pretty patient person but 10yr old children shouldn't be allowed to play this game let alone use voice chat in pugs. It's noise pollution people and we shouldn't allow it. If I join your party and I hear high pitched whinning I will simply leave no explanation I will just leave. Join me in my war against this noise pollution people.
    Toon
    Crulax 20th Cleric
    Lakanthia 11th Fighter
    AMEN BROTHA!

I just put in those foam earplugs under my headset.

Who invited the dude with real problems into our thread full of sarcasm?

Lets keep this focused on Slink people.

haha its ok lord i will remember that when yall need a little grunt help.
    I'm aviation brother you guys call us quite abit. Either for a lift or for gunship support.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

I'm not sure why this happens, but it kind of bugs me that I will get in this great pug that zips through 3 or 4 quests fine, then everyone has to go, sleep, eat, ****, whatever so I put up my own lfg ad for said quests. Then during these said quests I end up basically giving a tutorial on how to run it (which I do not mind doing) because nobody knows the quests, which again is fine by me since there is a first time for everything.
    But the point is...
    There is always the "One" person who doesn't listen during the whole quest, and conveniently stays out of the way of combat even though they are a melee character. Needless to say I thought the person who was not listening was either A: A Farmer or B: A Piker who conveniently decides to listen when they think they are getting loot when I say, "Go ahead, pick up the docent if you really want it" while in PoP. :P
    The worse this game gets, the more I am inching towards making my own DDO! [ With Unreal Engine, Blackjack and Hookers too! Hookers as in Fish ]

Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_rage View Post
    I'm aviation brother you guys call us quite abit. Either for a lift or for gunship support.
    lol yea guess u right there we gotta give you guys some fun to

Quote Originally Posted by Wurmwood View Post
    I'm not sure why this happens, but it kind of bugs me that I will get in this great pug that zips through 3 or 4 quests fine, then everyone has to go, sleep, eat, ****, whatever so I put up my own lfg ad for said quests. Then during these said quests I end up basically giving a tutorial on how to run it (which I do not mind doing) because nobody knows the quests, which again is fine by me since there is a first time for everything.
    But the point is...
    There is always the "One" person who doesn't listen during the whole quest, and conveniently stays out of the way of combat even though they are a melee character. Needless to say I thought the person who was not listening was either A: A Farmer or B: A Piker who conveniently decides to listen when they think they are getting loot when I say, "Go ahead, pick up the docent if you really want it" while in PoP. :P
    You get used to running with Slink.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast