Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Archon v2 (12Fighter/6Barb/2Rogue)

The Archon v2.0
    Now new and improved for epic content

Warforged 12Fighter/6Barb/2Rogue

Stats:
    Str: 18 (62)+5 level +3fighter +3tome +1litany +7item +3 exeptional +8powersurge +6barb rage +4madstone +2rage +2 frenzy
    Dex: 12 (22) +3tome +1litany +6item
    Con: 16 (30) +3tome +1litany +2WF +2Barb +6item
    Int: 8 (10) +2 tome
    wis: 12 (22) +3 tome +1litany +6 item
    cha: 6 (16) +3tome +1litany +6item

Note: If taking force of personality start with 6 wisdom, 12 charisma instead

Level progression and Feats:
    1-Rogue-Toughness
    2-Fighter-THF
    3-Fighter-Stunning Blow, Weapon Focus Slashing
    4-Fighter
    5-Fighter-Weapon Specialization Slashing
    6-Fighter-Power Attack
    7-Fighter-ITHF
    8-Fighter
    9-Fighter-Weapon Focus Blunt, Improved Crit range Slashing
    10-Rogue
    11-Fighter
    12-Fighter-GTHF, Weapon Specialization Blunt
    13-Fighter
    14-Fighter-Greater Weapon Specialization Slashing
    15-Barbarian- Greater Weapon Specialization Blunt (or force of personality)
    16-Barbarian
    17-Barbarian
    18-Barbarian-Cleave
    19-Barbarian
    20-Barbarian

Skills:
    Max UMD
    Max intimidate
    Various other skills for 1st rogue level
    Remaining points into jump

HP:
    204 Base
    +20 Heroic
    +10 Draconic
    +30 GFL
    +200 Con
    +20 Minos
    +22 Toughness
    +40 Enhancements
    +45 Greensteel
    ----
    60 Barb rage
    40 Madstone x1
    40 Yugoloth Pot
    20 Rage spell
    ---
    751 buffed

AC Dumped

Enhancements:

I dont list enhancments since I am always changing them depending on gear/tomes/etc..
    All Kensai/FB prereqs assumed, max str (to an even number), stunning blow/ WF tactics. Kensai Weapon: Maul (swap to greatsword)
    Thelanis

what this build needs is the abilty to be off timer for epic von more.

and a mic.
    Arannel, Aqueous, Cocobolo, Arboreous, Erudirion, Congruous, and Cogs
    Ghallanda Rerolled

combination works alot better if you take the barbarian past life feat (if able)
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Community Member

why did u trade falchion for greatsword?

I love it when people list a pile of +3 tomes, a litany, a +7 item, and madstone like these are common, easy to acquire items that most everyone has just hangin out in their bank. Funny.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    I love it when people list a pile of +3 tomes, a litany, a +7 item, and madstone like these are common, easy to acquire items that most everyone has just hangin out in their bank. Funny.
    I love it when people post comments like this without having any idea who the OP is.

High level gear is listed because we do not design builds to be mediocre, we design them to be best they can be to see what the builds potential is compared to others. If everyone was happy just having min IIs, a +2 tome and a shroud HP item there would be no reason to include epic content or ToD.

I have a Dwarf pure F Kensai currently parked at 17th that I was considering doing some lesser reincarnates on to go 12/6/2 like this. I like frenzy a lot having briefly tried a /6 Barb splash on another character. But I couldn't decide whether the DPS boost from Frenzy > losing Kensai III and the Capstone.

At first I thought the extra HP would be nice too, but then I realized with 4 additional F feats @F20 a few toughnesses would get the Fighter 20 up to the same HP as the 12/6/2 even when raged. And of course the evasion/UMD are very nice too, but I still want to know the numbers on the DPS side alone before considering versatility issues.

So any numerical backing for Kensai II / Frenzy I vs Kensai III with Capstone? Love to see something that would help to get me off the fence and cap my 2H Dwarf.

Thanks

TC

Out of curiousity... would you recommend getting the barbarian levels first if you TR'd a Barbarian into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Consumer View Post
    I love it when people post comments like this without having any idea who the OP is.

High level gear is listed because we do not design builds to be mediocre, we design them to be best they can be to see what the builds potential is compared to others. If everyone was happy just having min IIs, a +2 tome and a shroud HP item there would be no reason to include epic content or ToD.
    Why would I need to know who the OP is?

How many people do you know that have 5 +3 tomes at their disposal? That was the point I was making. Most people don't. I saw a few builds lately with +4 tomes listed across the board. That was even funnier. Just saying keep the numbers realistic. Show what is fairly easily obtainable, like +2 tomes, etc... and then list what you would be shooting for. If its a "you need +3 tomes and leet gear for this build or don't even try it" type of build, that should be stated. I also don't think this would be a mediocre build with +2 tomes and shroud gear.

Community Member

Why is this build called "archon?" I was expecting to see something with cleric levels...

lol.

If you have been playing as long as the OP has 2+years you will acquire this gear.

If you are in a good guild who does all guild runs or alliance runs and an item drops and you need it, it SHOULD be passed to you.

goodfriends=goodgear
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero
    "That's cause you're a noob..."

Yeah. This build is specifically, specifically built for stunning in epics, thus it's fair to assume the high level gear.

I don't know why you dump your dex for wis instead of going TWF, though. You get double the chance to stun.

Besides, you want your reflex save for that evasion, don't you?

How many people do you know that have 5 +3 tomes at their disposal? That was the point I was making. Most people don't. I saw a few builds lately with +4 tomes listed across the board. That was even funnier. Just saying keep the numbers realistic. Show what is fairly easily obtainable, like +2 tomes, etc... and then list what you would be shooting for. If its a "you need +3 tomes and leet gear for this build or don't even try it" type of build, that should be stated. I also don't think this would be a mediocre build with +2 tomes and shroud gear.
    Maybe if you can't figure out how to subtract 1 from the stats for the gear you can't get... that you can't figure out how to play the character anyway?

Every build is going to be customized by the person playing it. This character is a bare bones template, not a full build. It shows a sketch and gives us an idea of the potentials -- it's up to the maker to bring it to life. And, it so happens, that it is an excellent template for a melee that can heal, stun, and tank.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    Maybe if you can't figure out how to subtract 1 from the stats for the gear you can't get... that you can't figure out how to play the character anyway?

Every build is going to be customized by the person playing it. This character is a bare bones template, not a full build. It shows a sketch and gives us an idea of the potentials -- it's up to the maker to bring it to life. And, it so happens, that it is an excellent template for a melee that can heal, stun, and tank.
    Fair enough. It's geared towards top end players so they will have the stack of +3 tomes and gear listed most likely.

I agree its a nice build. Never doubted that.

not all builds are built for "starters", a lot of builds are built with the "optimal" in mind

ps: i have 6 toons each taken 6 +3 tomes, i deleted 2 toons with 10 tomes between them. each new toon i make, they eat a full set of +2s at L7
    If you want to know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Aranticus View Post
    not all builds are built for "starters", a lot of builds are built with the "optimal" in mind
    Yet, this build does not "need" a single +1 tome, let alone a full set of +3. A builder has but to subtract for the tomes they're not going to use ...
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Yet, this build does not "need" a single +1 tome, let alone a full set of +3. A builder has but to subtract for the tomes they're not going to use ...
    i agree but the point still remains, if you have to put up every single condition, new players will not make it past the stat and gear
    If you want to know why...

If you are really worried about it, use a +2 tome and make up the difference with +1 from the ship, you get to the same place as the OP.
    Guilds: Prophets of the New Republic & Revenents Khyber
    Active:
    Clean 18barb/2ftr Cleen 20arti Kleaner 20monk Darkstaar Dark Knight Psyborg 20sorc Warrwitch 20wiz Roque 19rog/1mnk Killeric 18fvs/2monk AA Duality Helves Angel
    Builds: Helves Angel Hurtlocker Dark Knight Riddle of Steel

I've told you that I love you, right?

In front of other people, too.

Quick questions here just to clarify:
    How many rages do you have and how long does each last?
    How many power surges do you have?
    Finally, do you often see yourself running out of those temporary boosts in quests?
    Thank you for your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast