Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite_Prowler View Post
    I would gladly put in my LFG tags
    weather a quest is f2p/p2p or not
    but have no way to determine that in game
    since I have been a VIP pretty much since day one
    But you dont have to, the game does it automatically for you when you correctly set up your LFM. You don't see anything, but those who are F2P/Prem who don't own that quest get a warning.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

*** dude ???

I do not need to know who has bought what.
    Why not? You only want players in your group that refuse to buy Adventure packs?

All I need to know is what quests are p2p/f2p
    That info is pretty easy to find if you look for it.

It's not a hard concept to grasp, nor would it be a hard thing to include in the
    Adventure Compendium.

An '*' by the f2p games with a disclaimer at the bottom as to what the '*' stands for

not hard to do at all

I would gladly put in my LFG tags
    weather a quest is f2p/p2p or not
    but have no way to determine that in game
    since I have been a VIP pretty much since day one
    Turbine ALREADY alerts people to whether or not they can join your LFM for the quest you have the LFM up for.

When you Put up an LFM for Shan-to-Kor, there is ZERO difference betwen a VIP and a F2P Player that bought the pack. Why would you want to never run STK ever again because you only want to put up LFM's for F2P Quests?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Wow man, are you the guy that has to to the coding for this feature?
    You sure are doing your best to prevent this feature from being implemented.

There are many times when Im looking for a group, not to do quests
    but to do the Slayer, Explorer and Rares in a wilderness area

There is no easy way in game to tell if an area is f2p

Why do you object so strongly for a simpler way to make this decision easier?

I mean how hard could it really be to add an * to the f2p quests in the Compendium

There are many times when Im looking for a group, not to do quests but to do the Slayer, Explorer and Rares in a wilderness area

Aren't there only four explorer areas that are F2P, Korthos, Cirulean, Searing Heights, and Ataraxia's?(I guess WW would count as 5) Are those that hard to keep track of? I don't think adding some method into the game of marking those few areas as F2P would be worth the time and cost.
    Freeman - Human Bard - Thelanis Fulfilling my duty to the ladies of Stormreach
    Yuvben(Halfling Rogue), Acana(Drow Sorcerer), Walket(Human Cleric), Mahoukami (WF Wizard), Knicapper(Horc Fighter), Pyetr(Human Bard), Mazinger (WF Barb), and Belcar(Halfling Ranger).

Being a premium player, I'd also like to see a distinction between f2p and p2p quests respectively quests I own and quests I don't own in the adventure compendium. Not for the purpose of joining/putting up groups, that's covered by the lfm panel, but for my own convenience. I don't want to see quests in there that I don't own, they just clutter the list (though I think Turbine wants me to see them, so I know what I miss ^^), and I'd love to have the following information on the first glance, without studying annoying popups and hopping back and forth between AC and quest panel: f2p vs. p2p, which quest pack, which quest chain.

I mean how hard could it really be to add an * to the f2p quests in the Compendium
    A way to do this has already been suggested.

As far as everything else, if you are not willing to do a little leg work on your own, why should something be handed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daliyn View Post
    Being a premium player, I'd also like to see a distinction between f2p and p2p quests respectively quests I own and quests I don't own in the adventure compendium. Not for the purpose of joining/putting up groups, that's covered by the lfm panel, but for my own convenience. I don't want to see quests in there that I don't own, they just clutter the list (though I think Turbine wants me to see them, so I know what I miss ^^), and I'd love to have the following information on the first glance, without studying annoying popups and hopping back and forth between AC and quest panel: f2p vs. p2p, which quest pack, which quest chain.
    There already is an option in LFM to not show packs that you don't own.
    Thelanis - Kyrnis 16 Wiz / 2 Rogue (trap/locksmith)
    Thelanis - Kyrven Blade 20 FvS (melee/heal)
    Thelanis - Kyrse 20 Monk (dark) (current main)
    -- Timezone: UTC +8, plays weekday evenings, weekend random. Very bad Alt-itis habit. --

On the social panel, quests that are P2P should be displayed that way. Perhaps the quest name could be in a different color, or have some sort of marker next to it (IE an asterisk, whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrn View Post
    Nice, I didnt know that. Perhaps it should be on by default.

Community Member

My son has a free to play account and only groups with me. Why should I have to go to the internet to find which quests we can run together? This was an omission when Turbine released DDO Unlimited and it's two tier system. My ten year old just wants to play and not sit there while I search the internet trying to find out which quests we can run together.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneman View Post
    My son has a free to play account and only groups with me. Why should I have to go to the internet to find which quests we can run together? This was an omission when Turbine released DDO Unlimited and it's two tier system. My ten year old just wants to play and not sit there while I search the internet trying to find out which quests we can run together.
    I completely understand.

Some people act like this is some great complicated feature we are asking for.

I mean seriously, how hard can it be to put a tag on the f2p quests in the compendium ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrn View Post
    I know. But I wasn't talking about the lfm panel, but the adventure compendium as a source of information.

Community Member Kepli_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cardmj1 View Post
    There is also check boxes on the Social Panel that a player can check to remove any advertisements that they don't meet the requirements. The problem is more of an issue with people not knowing how to use the social panel.
    This

The same as posting an ad in the paper to sell a car: $2000, black, runs good.

Fill out your requests fully, and you will get the desired response. I used to feel the same way, OP- until I realized it was not my responsibility to double check that the people in my PuG have double checked what they are eligible to participate in.
    Last edited by Kepli_Moonshadow; 04-27-2010 at 09:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Kepli_Moonshadow, you're DA MAN
    Ghallanda: Aryq (17(TR), RGR) Duurva (6 (TR), BARB)Xenafrae(19 PAL) Cyrindaa (20, ASSN)Ysiidra (13, WIZ) Pawlianna (12 BRD/RGR/FTR)

I'm a premium player, so I ended up memorizing which were P2P (but now I own them all, so it dosent matter).

I suppose if you dont want to do that, you could do what I do and keep a notebook at your desk. Write down the pack list here:

http://ddowiki.com/page/DDO_Store

Or stickie it. You can click the link there to see individual quests. There are only about 20 quest chains, and I'm sure most people only run about half of those with PUG's. It shouldn't be too hard to just remember which quest chains you run are P2P.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

God forbid you have to do a very small amout of research to fnd out if it's FTP or not. I mean realy look at the list for level appropriate quests and you know. Anyone whom has memory retention greater than a potato will remember after a couple times of seeing the name that it's FTP. Do you need to use a map everytime you drive home as well?
    My real forum Join date is July 2007. Maybe one day someone will develop the awsome technology to fix this currently unfixable bug.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

how about suggest thatthe devs add quests like "Gianthold Slayers/Explorers/rares" to the list. THat adds the ability for it to show the person looking for a group that they can play or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Daliyn View Post
    (though I think Turbine wants me to see them, so I know what I miss ^^), .
    ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneman View Post
    Have your Son Select the quest or use his account to select it. If you pick up every quest you can do, your adventure compenduim will show the quests in Yellow with an "Underway" note in the mouse over.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I would also like to see this added. Over the past weekend the lfm I posted was a slow fill. 4 joined but none was a caster. (I like to have a caster in the group even if it does not need it.) After a long wait, I started to send tells. Before I sent a Tell, I looked on another web site to find out if the quest I wanted to do was F2p or P2p. When I sent the Tells it included P2p since I didn't know if the person was actually able to join my group for this quest.
    This info should be in game.
    Last edited by Ragons; 04-27-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Community Member

Have your Son Select the quest or use his account to select it. If you pick up every quest you can do, your adventure compenduim will show the quests in Yellow with an "Underway" note in the mouse over.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice but that is not easy to do when I am out of town working and not in the room with him. The purpose of this thread is that Turbine should make it easier for everyone to know which quests are free or pay to play. There are many different reasons why they should do this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kepli_Moonshadow View Post
    This

The same as posting an ad in the paper to sell a car: $2000, black, runs good.

Fill out your requests fully, and you will get the desired response. I used to feel the same way, OP- until I realized it was not my responsibility to double check that the people in my PuG have double checked what they are eligible to participate in.
    So everytime you get a PUG up
    do you just do that one quest then disband
    or do you do more quests together?

Making the f2p quests distinctive in the compendium makes perfect sense to me.

I have had this very discussion in game with f2p, premium and VIP members
    and never met anyone who thought this addition was a bad idea till coming here

Default distinction

I agree. there sould be a way In Game to determine if a quest is f2por not without trecking all over the map to find.

I know I have come packs, Tangleroot. Deleras, sentinals, sharn, stk. and umm I think that's it but I don't remember. So I open op the quest list in the game and see the complete list of all available quests. This is fine but it does not help me much. I like the Idea of an asterisk or a couple of check boxes letting you sort by f2p, p2p, or ones you have already purchased.

I know there are quite a few of you who are either VIP or have bought all of the pack when they come on sale so you don't have to worry about weather or not you can run a particular adventure.

However Since I am a casual player and only occasionally buy points or pick up an adventure that I want to run I would like a way to sort the quests In Game accordingly. Plus of you select a quest in form the compendium it tells you how to get there and if you are on the right mayp ( marketplace, one of the houses, whatever) it shows you how to get to who gives the quest. ( thought I might be wrong about this.) Which for me is very usefull since I do not have the entire gameworld memorized. Just korthos and sections of the harbor. ^L^
    Last edited by redfox42; 09-17-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by amanda_t View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    Steak isn't one of those topics that I feel comfortable with...
    Well, do you want to talk about Moo-sic?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12