Community Member

Default Figther12/ barbarian8, THF need aadvice plz

Hi guys

As the title says: need advice for a WF THF figt12 (kensai II)/ bararian8 (frenzy I), questions are:
    1) is it a good split?
    2) hows the DPS? compare to full figther?, or full barbarian?
    3) beside the obvious feats (THF line, PA, cleave, WFo, GreWFo, Wspec, GreWspec), any tips on wich to choose?
    Any build will be welcome, i pick WF as race for THF and PA enhancements but open for suggestions.
    Thanks

Community Member

Well the 12 fighter/something x builds are good, the barbarian doesn't need that unless you are going for something very specific. Just check out shade's posts about barbarians. A level 20 wf frenzy barbarian is a machine of evil destruction. Try that first.

while i dont have the numbers for a comparison just keep this in mind. a 20 barb that has all the power rage enhancements will get +18 to str when frenzy and death frenzy on top of 3d6 extra damage per swing.

Community Member

Hummm ya full barbarian seems nice but feats wise they're a bit short. And with 12 levels of fighter you also get +8 STR clikies, combine with rage... ouch thats some STR. Now with PA and STR bonus x 1.5 for damage... thats something, no?

1) Yes, its probably one of the best multi-classed THF builds (that and the 12fighter/6barb/2rogue version)

2) Yes its very comparable to pure fighters or barbs in dps. It's strength is against high fortification targets as it doesn't rely on crit damage as much as barbs and pure fighters do. But it is slightly lower against 0% fort targets on average

3) Stunning Blow, and possibly improved trip. This build can get the highest combat tactic DC in the game.
    Thelanis

Community Member

I would recommend dropping 2 lvls or barb for 2 rogue, but Im just an evasion nut. once you have it, you cant live without it.

Community Member

Thanks guys, rep all across for ya...