Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Hey, it was funnier when he didn't get it!

BTW, nice one JKM.

**** you hero of the people. I cannot give you more rep despite my best efforts.
    Gornn 3:16 says: Gornn just hugged yo' @$$!
    Ask Gornn! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=156209
    Ask Gornn! archives http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Categ..._Gornn_Archive
    "It's only elitist if you're not actually better than everyone else."

Default asdf

I think our honest preference on the Need Before Greed is for your current incarnation. If you want an item for a TR down the road, you should roll on it when you'd qualify for it, later.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    if something has my name under it and i dont need it, ill give it to my guildy who needs it without a roll

if you want to run your raids otherwise, state that befor you start as the above is the common accepted rule
    This.

The guild I am in requires I pass gear to guild members before putting it up for roll. I dont see a problem with following specific rules when rolling with someone elses guild, though. They just need to be stated clearly at the start of the raid.

Community Member

First of all let me say I have never had problems following raid groups rules for loot. And I join many groups with my bards as most raids always have room for a good warchanter If you have specific rules on loot then please let everyone know before the raid starts. If you wait till the raid is half over or when we get to the chests then you cant hold people to those said rules.

As for epic raid drops where usually melee spots are filled and I bring along my bard to make them easier, I think its fair if I roll or keep items that im looking for on my fighter. Which is only the SOS by the way, anything else I have put up for roll or given freely to who wants it.
    (Khyber) Kasen - Kisa - Natali - Maitas - Jaslyn - Tekeda - Alydar - Tammi - Khenti - Luthius - Meckabot

Quote Originally Posted by ArichValtrahn View Post
    The guild I am in requires I pass gear to guild members before putting it up for roll.
    I can therefore only assume that your guild informs all raid members not in your guild of these rules before they take part in the raid as well? It'd certainly put me off raiding with you if I wasn't pre-warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gornn View Post
    **** you hero of the people. I cannot give you more rep despite my best efforts.
    You may have just /hugged my @$$....but I just covered yours with da rep to Strak.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi_Hordo View Post
    You may have just /hugged my @$$....but I just covered yours with da rep to Strak.
    SO LET IT BE WRITTEN..

Consider this /hug a blessing onto your rep, High Rabbi.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Hey, it was funnier when he didn't get it!

BTW, nice one JKM.
    Yeah, agreed, it was funnier when he didn't get it. But it's tougher to leave it be when you know exactly what's going on and it hits so close to home.
    Unofficial Dark Wizard of The Hand of the Black Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    I can therefore only assume that your guild informs all raid members not in your guild of these rules before they take part in the raid as well? It'd certainly put me off raiding with you if I wasn't pre-warned.
    I know how unusual it is to set a standard of fairness, but I think we'll still get people to join.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithran View Post
    I know how unusual it is to set a standard of fairness, but I think we'll still get people to join.
    Did you read what he wrote? He said that if he didn't get a pre-warning of your rules it would put him off raiding with you. He just wanted to ensure that you were giving everyone in your raids a rundown of your loot rules every time you run a raid.

He didn't say anything about you having trouble getting people to join your raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Someone is missing something here. Unless I'm mistaken, this guild was our own...that's right, The Hand of the Black Tower, and that player was Gunslinger. And, yes, maybe Gunslinger got the short end of the stick, but I ran several of these runs with him and the situation was known, understood, and accepted by all. Not only that, but we enjoyed ourselves quite well, even to the very last runs. Gun's efforts were a great thing that helped our guild in a massive drive to acquire Icy Rainments for many characters. It helped out everyone, including, in the end, himself.

Why did it work? Because everyone who ran with him knew that they could do as they pleased with their loot. If they wanted to they could take his great deal and get multiple +2 tomes and other nice items instead of their drop. If they wanted to, they could run on a character that needed the Icy and keep it. Whatever they did, they helped Gun complete and get more pulls himself. Most of them didn't just get the rainment and stop, but kept going to help Gun out or in hopes of pulling the darn thing and taking Gun's generous offer for it. It was a guild effort that yielded many sets of Icy Rainments for many guildies whom needed them. It was by all means a high point for our guild, something to be celebrated, not mocked.
    there are always 2 sides of a coin i guess. above would be from the viewpoint of those who took the raiments, my post was from a guildie point of view. cause i flat out told him i pulled them they were his, that's what guildies did and between me and pita, we were on 1/2 of those runs. i pulled 4 ice cloaks but no icy raiments. i also happened to be in the group when he would just go off when it was just me, pita and moe.

gun was the nicest guy on the planet and i'd have ran them 100 times for him if i had too. too bad he couldn't have found 3 more like souls for his party.

Quote Originally Posted by Gornn View Post
    Did you read what he wrote?
    Yes, I read what he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran View Post
    Yes, I read what he wrote.
    Ah, okay. Your response didn't indicate that.

No worries then.

Community Member

If DDO's raid loot system tended to dispense loot every boss rather than just at the instance end, I'd suggets using a DKP system. The reason this doesn't work is that 12 people run the instance 4 times, because none of them have bought aught till the end, they all still have equal DKP. One thing I might recommend is your guild leader sometimes examining who's in more need of a gear piece using my.ddo, though obviously this has the risk situation of people who've contributed less always getting the better loot.

In an ideal world, people would be honest and easy going and realise they're gonna be doing the raid a million more times anyway. I've been in a couple of Shroud PuGs, and most people in those PuGs would share the loot, if someone needed a power rock or whatever they're called, I forget, someone who didn't need one but got one would put it up for roll, and I've seen a lot of people who could roll not do so because they thought someone else needed it more.

In this sense, PuGs are more fair that guild runs?

Wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxson View Post
    If DDO's raid loot system tended to dispense loot every boss rather than just at the instance end, I'd suggets using a DKP system. The reason this doesn't work is that 12 people run the instance 4 times, because none of them have bought aught till the end, they all still have equal DKP. One thing I might recommend is your guild leader sometimes examining who's in more need of a gear piece using my.ddo, though obviously this has the risk situation of people who've contributed less always getting the better loot.

In an ideal world, people would be honest and easy going and realise they're gonna be doing the raid a million more times anyway. I've been in a couple of Shroud PuGs, and most people in those PuGs would share the loot, if someone needed a power rock or whatever they're called, I forget, someone who didn't need one but got one would put it up for roll, and I've seen a lot of people who could roll not do so because they thought someone else needed it more.

In this sense, PuGs are more fair that guild runs?

Wat?

In guild runs you usually know who needs what out of a specific raid, such as Titan, VoD, or Hound. We have 3 clerics that regularly farm Hound trying to get the last pieces of their Lorrik's set. We also have many casters, myself included, who run VoD in hopes to get the rest of their glacial assualt set. In my opinion, Guild Runs are more fair, at least with your own guild. In guild runs I always give the items up to my guildie, but if said same guildie is with me in a PUG run, the item will go up for roll. The only exception to this is Shroud, in which I usually pass of Shards to those who state at the beginning they need them or I pass them to guildies who need them. Rarely do I put shards up for roll (unless no one has said anything at that time as I always ask at the start of the Shrouds I am in).

I hate Kobolds!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    Don't ask questions you don't really want the answer to... What happens on Khyber...stays on Khyber.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567