Default DDOcast Episode 163 (4-10-10)

Hi everyone! Episode 163 of DDOcast is now ready to go. Here's a LINK to the episode - just left-click to play, right click and 'save as' to download as an mp3. You can also find DDOcast on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace, Cyberears.com and many other podcast aggregators.

This week's show is a live chat with guests Anne, Sigfried, Lessah, Rowanheal and Rheebus - we take calls and chat about Update 4. There's also an interview with Holger from the new DDO-Daily.com. Sigfried and Anne return with "Crunchy Bits!" YES! They start with a look at the Seeker weapon trait. Alex looks into monk build attributes and racial considerations on "Inside the Monestary" and Clankenbeard engages in a thoughtful thesis on Crafting with "Clerical Errors."

###

DDOcast Episode 163 (4-10-10)

:12 Intro
    3:45 Maintenance Monday and XP Bonus4:05 First Call, Update 4 talk
    12:30 Item talk18:20 Second Call
    22:25 Epic talk/Release Notes
    27:10 Europe gets Mod 11
    30:40 Bastard Swords/Dwarven Axes changes
    34:15 Third Call37:55 Mechanic changes
    42:45 DDO Lottery coming46:50 Stealth
    47:50 Fourth Call and Store talk51:31 Errata
    52:00 Inside the Monestary - Attributes
    59:32 Crunchy Bits v2.1 - Seeker Weapon Trait
    1:04:50 Fifth Call1:07:20 Clerical Errors #4
    1:11:37 Community Notes
    1:14:20 Holger with DDO-Daily.com
    1:36:31 Community Notes1:44:44 Discussion topic - LFM drama
    1:55:05 Sixth Call and Update 4 thoughts2:02:50 Emails

END

TOTAL TIME: 2:29:14

###

LINK
    to the Release Notes in the DDO Compendium. LINK to the notes on DDOcast.com.

LINK to the Mod 11 Release Notes on DDO-Europe.com.

LINK to the DDO.com thread in which the changes to bastard swords and dwarven waraxes was announced.

LINK to what's been uncovered about the DDO Lottery.

LINK to the Turbine Update 4 video on YouTube.

LINK to the DDO Featured Players Gallery.

LINK to DDO-Daily.com!

LINK
    to the latest update to the Interactive DDO Game Guide V3.2.1.

LINK to Brannigan's "Brannie Hunt" info on DDO-Europe.

LINK to the "A Casual Stroll to Mordor" podcast episode featuring Tolero.

LINK to Shade's good Update 4 loot thread on DDO.com. LINK to Dragon.Star's Definitive Static Rewards and Unique Loot thread.

LINK to Anne's "Monster Minute: Genies." LINK to Anne's "Wacky Weapon Wednesdays: Banishing."

LINK to Nirelle's cool art and comic thread on DDO.com.

LINK to Turbine's Featured Players: Rock and Fan.

LINK to info on Massively.com's weekly DDO get-togethers on Wednesdays on Cannith.

LINK to info on Yaga's upcoming Dodge-a-Thon on Argonnessen.

LINK to info on the new permadeath guild on Cannith called The Doom Brigade.

LINK to Eshep's Egg Hunt map.

Jerry
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

I have started listening to DDO cast instead of Pandora at work. Thanks for all your hard work, I appreciate it.

Looking forward to more Clerical Errors!
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Talking Crunchy Bites!

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    Sigfried and Anne return with "Crunchy Bits!" YES! They start with a look at the Seeker weapon trait.
    Yay. Clanky loves the Crunchies. Good to see you guys are back. It's also good to see you guys passing out information to the uninformed. Even if it is all wrong.

"Seeker" is how brightly your weapon glows so you can find stuff in the dark. Each point of seeker is the equivalent of one candle power. So, seeker +10 is the equivalent of ten candles--the same as a bullseye lantern. Seeker +10 is really good for finding your dropped keys on the ground in the dark. I don't know what you have keys to, but there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clankenbeard View Post
    Yay. Clanky loves the Crunchies. Good to see you guys are back. It's also good to see you guys passing out information to the uninformed. Even if it is all wrong.

"Seeker" is how brightly your weapon glows so you can find stuff in the dark. Each point of seeker is the equivalent of one candle power. So, seeker +10 is the equivalent of ten candles--the same as a bullseye lantern. Seeker +10 is really good for finding your dropped keys on the ground in the dark. I don't know what you have keys to, but there you have it.
    This is why I thank the gods for Clankenbeard's segments. His nickname should be Simpleton for the ton of simple information he provides.

Great show this week guys! Thanks.

Default Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertVesco View Post
    This is why I thank the gods for Clankenbeard's segments. His nickname should be Simpleton for the ton of simple information he provides.
    I believe in tons of simplification. I like it.

You may have missed it. But a long time ago, the breakfast cereal "Crunchy Bits" was compared to "Clankenberries"! I think Clankenberries won. Here's the LINK, or you can find it at www.lessah.com!

Regarding the halfling stats on Inside the Monastery, halflings do not get extra AC vs giants, only dwarves get that. Halflings get +1 AC due to size, but that's versus everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan