Community Member

Default WTS +2 Flametouched (bypasses good DR) WoP Rapier

1.5m plat firm (or 6 large devils scales). WoP rapiers are very rare, and this good aligned (flametouched) is almost impossible to find. Contact Mystera or post below.

very nice rapier and very rare def a good find and a resonable starting price
    Co-Founder of LOOT on Cannith: Wall- 20Ftr/12barb, Walkin Shrine 20clr/20sorc/20fvs Completionist, Warsong Hagglesbane 13th Hmn Brd

Out of curiosity, what types of creatures does the flame help with?

So accustomed to good/silver....haven't broken down critters into a sub catagory that only require holy or good for dr bypassing.....actually didn't even consider they exisisted.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Community Member

Having flametouched on a weapon is the same as having Holy or Pure Good in terms of being able to bypass creatures' good DR. And since a WoP rapier cannot have Holy or Pure Good on it, flametouched is the only option to bypass good DR.

i understand that...........waht im asking is what creature requires it. Vampires are silver. Clay Golums are ada and blunt Deamons are holy and cold iron. Devils are holy and silver. What creature are you gaining a benifit from this type of flametouched item? Im genuinly curious in that I could be missing a group fo monsters taht this would be usefull for.

Trash devils are silver OR good, aren't they?

hehe that is just it, I dont know. i cnat remember a time not attacking them with min 2 or vorps or trans of pure goods. that is the heart of my question.

pretty sure bearded devils and orthons are just DR good. lightning strikes get red numbers on them. its just horned devils and pit fiends (suulo's and harry's) that require silver and good. never tried just using silver on orthons or bearded devils so cant comment on if that bypasses their DR too.
    * dizzy - fizzle - rofluppagus * - loot - cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post
    i understand that...........waht im asking is what creature requires it. Vampires are silver. Clay Golums are ada and blunt Deamons are holy and cold iron. Devils are holy and silver. What creature are you gaining a benifit from this type of flametouched item? Im genuinly curious in that I could be missing a group fo monsters taht this would be usefull for.
    Here is a list of all mobs that have good DR (hence why people look for holy pure good weapons)... A normal WoP rapier would not bypass the good DR on any of these whereas a Flametouched WoP rapier will bypass the DR on the first two sets. In other words the Flametouched WoP rapier, for good DR bypass purposes, is the same as having a Holy or Pure good WoP rapier. The ony time a Holy Pure Good weapon will bypass more creatures than this flametouched WoP rapier is if it also has Silver or Cold Iron (very rare and also very valuable, but then you are giving up wounding or puncturing which is not always the best trade off).

Good:
    Bezekira
    Bearded Devils
    Dream Scourge
    Dream Stealer
    Ghostly Skeletons
    Orthons

Piercing + Good:
    Rakshasa

Cold Iron + Good:
    Flesh Renders
    Ice Flensers
    Fire Reavers
    Maraliths

Silver + Good:
    Pit Fiends
    Horned Devils
    Last edited by Mystera; 04-06-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Interesting. I dont consider myself a melee speicalist and have tradiontionaly not spent much time digging into the groupings. i fiugred there was a gropu that this would be usefull for, jsut wanted to see it. thanks!

Community Member

I have an outstanding offer for 1.6 million plat right now, but person has to put together the funds and is contacting some friends. A few months ago I saw some people begging for a WoP rapier paying 1.0 million plat and they were scorned by others who said they would never part with theirs at that price. This WoP rapier can also bypass good DR (same as using Holy or Pure Good) so has added rarity. Let me know your offer.

Why or why didnt you put Icy Burst on this thing....
    Blades / Roboto of Cannith
    Officer of Loot

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    Why or why didnt you put Icy Burst on this thing....
    Quite simple, it dropped after the games ended. So unless someone stockpiled a bunch of these with Icy Burst on them, which I doubt given that this is an extremely rare drop, there will not be one in the future with Icy Burst.