Default Voice of the Master

If I use another trinket and switch out to Voice of the Master just before the end, will it boost up the 5% bonus? I'd prefer not the test it in a game in case I'm wrong.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good any more?

Proud handler of Baldric, Melkazar, Clant, Mulray, Tirimon, Mallon.
    Remember, if one of them falls off a cliff, it's actually my fault.

yes

Default yes

yes

Thanks. That makes my desire to wear other trinkets easier to deal with.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good any more?

Proud handler of Baldric, Melkazar, Clant, Mulray, Tirimon, Mallon.
    Remember, if one of them falls off a cliff, it's actually my fault.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Also note that only the main objective's XP is affected by Voice of the Master. No need to wear it for optionals.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dopey69 View Post
    yes
    Yes
    Best Quote Ever:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heronous View Post
    The clam can not be ransacked.
    Proud Member and occasional Officer of Identity Unknown (Argonnessen)

Community Member

Really? I always thought this doesn't work. Whenever I forget to put on a Voice of the Master before I enter a dungeon (because I forgot to switch back to it after using the warp time pendant or whatever), and swap the Voice back on, the +5% doesn't appear, even when I refresh the experience sheet.

So, I figured that didn't work.

Does the xp get added but the experience sheet doesn't update or something and you'd have to do math to see that you got the +5%?

I guess if this does indeed work (and has just been bugging for me or something?) it's a good idea to get a real trinket to wear most of the time?
    Last edited by Ode1st; 04-01-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode1st View Post
    Really? I always thought this doesn't work. Whenever I forget to put on a Voice of the Master before I enter a dungeon (because I forgot to switch back to it after using the warp time pendant or whatever), and swap the Voice back on, the +5% doesn't appear, even when I refresh the experience sheet.

Does the xp get added but the experience sheet doesn't update or something and you'd have to do math to see that you got the +5%?

I guess if this does indeed work (and has just been bugging for me or something?) it's a good idea to get a real trinket to wear most of the time?
    Are you sure? On my current setup, I always enter Dungeons with a Power item in my Trinket slot, then swap out for Voice once I've used the SP. When I check my EXP sheet, it reflects the 5% for me. Maybe I'm misremembering (I feel pretty sure on this one though)?

Quote Originally Posted by SaisMatters View Post
    yes
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthesponge View Post
    Yes
    Yes.
    Durtyy-Barbarian 20 Durrty-Cleric 18 Durion - TR Rogue 20 Duurty-Bard 20 Ddurty-Favored Soul 5

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ode1st View Post

It can take a few seconds to recognize its on and for it to appear in the xp summary. It does however work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishizaru View Post
    Are you sure? On my current setup, I always enter Dungeons with a Power item in my Trinket slot, then swap out for Voice once I've used the SP. When I check my EXP sheet, it reflects the 5% for me. Maybe I'm misremembering (I feel pretty sure on this one though)?
    No it does work. But typically from my person experience this is how it works.

Right when you put on the voice it doesn't show up on the XP list. But once anything is done whether it be: Kill a monster, disarm a trap, complete an optional, break a box, complete the quest. It will appear on the listing and and the xp it says on there with the +5% will be what your getting. Even if it doesn't appear on the sheet if you put it on right before completing, if it's there after you can compare the two and you will see that you got what it says on there with the 5% is what you got.

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishizaru View Post
    O Really ? Just to be sure you should log in wearing VotM then immediately /dance2 once you did that then its ok to tumble backwards.

yep it sure will like others have said, pretty much the whole point of it.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    Officer of The Silver Legion
    Knight Templar of Guild Medieval

yes
    Quote Originally Posted by SaisMatters View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthesponge View Post
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Durion View Post
    Yes.
    It must be done.

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

Community Member

That's really odd. Maybe my UI was just bugged? My bard's UI is bugged and all my characters lose their sky and compendium all the time. Maybe it's that.

Community Member

are you sure that it doesn't work on optionals?
    I often get uneven numbers like 125 xp so I don't know

another note: it seems to work on slayers, rarers, explorer... maybe they are seen as individual quests?