Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Unhappy Khyber Server Early Morning Lag Time

Can any Devs please explain the lag on the KHYBER server during 4:30am to 5:45AM CST?

This is killing my only questing time I got!

It's insane.. Half the time I can't even switch characters between those hours..
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Let's not forget the 2-5 minute loading screens while questing. I haven't been here a long time, but long enough to notice this wasn't an issue before. What gives?

Default yeah its wierd

i guess thats when the staff downloads the Pr0n
    rubber banding off invisible walls
    not being able to enter or exit instances
    i /logout then hit cancel sometimes that helps

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

That is the time us Aussies are playing.

So you are just seeing the DPS spike causing the lag.

Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by steeletrueheart View Post
    that Is The Time Us Aussies Are Playing.

So You Are Just Seeing The Dps Spike Causing The Lag.

:d
    Lol
    Kyber:
    Home of Stamper the Seeker 20 dwarven barbarian, Jox Everheal 17 human cleric, Justwanta Burn 20 WF sorc, and Lubejob Fleshie Killer WF 10 wizzey/2 rog.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleTrueheart View Post
    That is the time us Aussies are playing.

So you are just seeing the DPS spike causing the lag.

QFT

Where have you been Steeles? haven't seen you logged in for a while, unless you left SRTG?
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

Got a little bored since my regular playtime is a quite period for the world at large. There is only so many times I can do Amrath quests solo.

So I went and explored Dragon Age and a few good books. Then I went on a holiday somewhere where they had sunny beaches and no cellphone/internet access.

Nothing helped. My addiction brought me back!
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

Default We will look into it

Thanks for the report. We will investigate. If we find anything, we will let you know.

I like specific posts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleTrueheart View Post
    Got a little bored since my regular playtime is a quite period for the world at large. There is only so many times I can do Amrath quests solo.

So I went and explored Dragon Age and a few good books. Then I went on a holiday somewhere where they had sunny beaches and no cellphone/internet access.

Nothing helped. My addiction brought me back!
    Ahh. Fair enough. Well this weekend I will be on late/early for Friday to Monday so shout out in the joint channel

Quote Originally Posted by SIG View Post
    Thanks for the report. We will investigate. If we find anything, we will let you know.

Wow, that would be great
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.

This is why I tell people when *****ing about lag, name quest, (other than ToD, shroud, etc. due to dps lag), name the server, name the time and the time zone.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Yeah I use to play on khyber mornings but always got lag its the main reason I hardly play there I get the same lag on thelanis but not the other servers my play times are slightly later though usually 8:15 to 12:00

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

On Khyber, the lag (described further down) specifically happens anywhere in town when trying to use the vendors/brokers (to sell or buy items), bankers, auctioneers, and mailboxes. OH, and it also happens when attempting to load a quest/zone and when logging out.

Let's say you finally got your party together and everyone jumps into a quest. Well, after 2:30am pst, your whole party will be lucky if they don't have to wait 5-10 minutes (I'm not exaggerating) for the quest to begin to load. I've personally experienced this in Ruins of Threnal and Necropolis. Yeah, it's a killjoy.

Imagine (specifically) at 2:25am pst you run all around and turn in a bunch of collectables. After your backpack is overflowing, you run over to sell all the trash at the vendors at 2:31am pst. You open up the vendor window, click "add all," and then click "sell." And then you wait. Then you spam the "sell" button about 20-100 times, but still nothing happens. You close the vendor window, open it back up, add all, and sell. Nothing. You go to the bank to try and get rid of the trash, but when you attempt to see your account, well, you wait. And nothing happens. Try to check the auction house; do a search: maybe a page loads, maybe not. If it does, when you try to turn the page it acts up again. Try to check mail; click on the mail box: not happening. Try to walk into a shop; click on the door, wait, run away--and then moments later you're teleported into the shop.

Sometimes, if you wait a 3-8+ minutes (once again: I am not exaggerating), the bank will pop up, the transaction will take place, the auction house will load a page, the mailbox will open up, or you will eventually zone in. However, there's no guarantee the system will respond.

It seems to start precisely at 2:30am pst.

Specific enough?
    Last edited by DeaconUraz; 03-31-2010 at 05:23 AM. Reason: to add "On Khyber"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconUraz View Post
    It seems to start precisely at 2:30am pst.
    Specific enough?
    I read another thread that around 2am PST is a backup window for Khyber. The lag relates to this backup. Maybe the server population, both online and offline at that time has now reached a point where the additional IO load from backup, table locks/etc, is slowing the system.

Default Worse than lag

I have been experiencing a different problem on Khyber in the indicated time frame...

If I have my toon in Menechtarun or Necropolis and try to enter the game, I would see the loading screen for 3 to 5 minutes before I get an error message "Connection to the server has failed". And there is absolutely no way to change this, restart/relog/etc won't work.

If I try to enter with a different toon there is no problem.

Btw, I use WinXP.

Community Member

Default still happening after update

it just started up again this morning at roughly 2:26am (pst). meh

I play only on Khyber and experience this lag every night at 07-30PM AEST.

It can take 10 minutes to swap between toons. Unable to sell/repair or access banker.

I thought that it was my connection but all in my guilds experience the same problem.

I then hit Alt-F4 then I get the 0.01kb at the loading screen........

Yep lag happens anywhere from 5:15 est to 5:40 est. Logging in and out takes forever. Load screens take forever. Ah and mail takes forever to load. If you are in a wilderness area you rubberband between different zones of the area. Seems to last anywhere from 10 -20 minutes each morning.
    Rocknog,Roknog,RocknogII,Drakeconius,Darconius,Tamarock,Tamarok,Rokbot,Rockbot,Rocksinger
    Proud member of Khyber and Stormreach Thieves Guild. www.srtg.org.au

Just throwing in my two cents even though it's only worth a penny.

Community Member

yup, this happens everynight at 11:30 hawaii time. i want to say 4-6 months ago it used to happen at 10:30 hawaii time. back then there were a lot of posts in the general forums cause it wasn't limited to khyber. didn't track it back then so i don't know if it was resolved.

me and my friends call it the server hicup

really sucks when u have a full pack and can't sell

Community Member

Angry It truly sucks

It's just making me mad. Me and my group are trying to get on the Khyber server and it won't load for ****, but when you go to any other server it will load with out a problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast