Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Boot grinding is definitely a special level of Hell.
    It's killing my enjoyment too.

All of the grinds are just awful, especially when they encompass necessary endgame item sets(See: Monk)....

I hope you all come back some day to see if DDO can once more dazzle and excite you. Until then, bon voyage and blessings to you on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    And that's just the grind so you can get into groups for the raid loot grind...
    You're right Strake. It is exactly how I feel about the game. I just have better things to grind then a game. I continue to let Turbine take 59.99 every 6 months out of the C.C. but I don't know for how much longer.

PS. you know ur stuff will always be there if u ever decide to come back cause you never know how the game may change later on. Guess you decided that you're not coming back tho.

Anywayz have a good one Strakeln and you wont be forgotten. Adios!

I join some of these groups sometimes where you wont hear anyone say anything but what has to be done. You can hear a fing pin drop. it just has this repetitive/robotic feel to it. Boring!! Not every group is like this tho thank goodness.

(Ohhh also when I leave you aint getting a &^%ing thing so don't ask) Haha ~
    Last edited by apacheizm23; 04-02-2010 at 11:22 AM.
    DIRTYONE/BARBARIAN-APACHE/FS -APACHEKID/RANGER/FIGHTER -TRUEGOD/WARLOCK - POWWOW/FIGHTER- INDIO/PALI-TUKO/BARBARIAN -REDHOOK/BARD - GUISEPPI/RANGER -SHORTYROCK/ROGUE/RANGER/BARB- DIRTYHO/MONK--DIRTYBLADE/PALI
    2006/VIP BROOKLYN N.Y.

Cool Don't Go!

Man, We have had so many good times together. I remember looting the giant caves with ya. Getting your first vorpal longsword and bragging about it. Or the time we set off to do the titan the first time...remember...you got to shoot the laser..it was magic. Or the first time you and I went into Gianthold...damm lava!

Anyway, it has been an honor to run with you...the memories will remain, but the loss will fade.

Oh wait, I don't actually know you....well maybe I speak for someone else.

Hoping your future is filled with joy and good fortune!

P.S. I ain't on Khyber, so this is not some cheesy azzkissery to try and get your stuff!!

PEACE!
    Dravun , Yocoba, Daivik, and so many more.
    Proud to serve the Imperial Assassins!
    Do not drink the awesome-sauce......One must BE the awesome-sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by akiraproject24 View Post
    Noone cares about those that have been grinding this content since the start. And for those of us that cant break away we are stuck with all this TR and Epic as another cheap way to keep the player grinding.... yet developing minimum content. Lets face it the adventure is over, we've been here to long.
    The Power-Gamers Lament: you beat the game before you are ready to stop playing it.

Community Member

attention *****

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zagar230 View Post
    attention *****
    Your three red bars clearly identify you as a troll, and a weak one at that. I give your effort a -10/10. You'd best be careful or people will start charging you to cross over your bridge. (That'll be $10).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I just read today that the latest content has named items with "unraveled enchantments" that must be combined with some kind of sigil or something in order to "fix" them. Looks like I left at the right time, now even our plain old named items need grinding and crafting... sheesh.

I haven't logged in for a while, but I'm willing to bet some portion of the ingredients for this won't go into the ingredients bag... am I right? Seems we have a problem with that every single time they introduce a new ingredient.

You know, Turbine, back when we were asking for crafting, a lot of us made it pretty clear that we were talking about ways to make potions or items, not the sole way to obtain useful named items. I do believe that was one of the biggest fears for many, that this would turn from "Dungeons and Dragons" to "Grinding and Crafting".

Default Now .. Now ...

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Your three red bars clearly identify you as a troll, and a weak one at that. I give your effort a -10/10. You'd best be careful or people will start charging you to cross over your bridge. (That'll be $10).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I just read today that the latest content has named items with "unraveled enchantments" that must be combined with some kind of sigil or something in order to "fix" them. Looks like I left at the right time, now even our plain old named items need grinding and crafting... sheesh.

I haven't logged in for a while, but I'm willing to bet some portion of the ingredients for this won't go into the ingredients bag... am I right? Seems we have a problem with that every single time they introduce a new ingredient.

You know, Turbine, back when we were asking for crafting, a lot of us made it pretty clear that we were talking about ways to make potions or items, not the sole way to obtain useful named items. I do believe that was one of the biggest fears for many, that this would turn from "Dungeons and Dragons" to "Grinding and Crafting".
    Telling the truth Strak kinda dilutes the drama don't you think? I like grinding!! (at a buck a pop that is ...)

/saulte

enjoy your bacon and your wife - in that order

rio

Golyat, Thelonies, Mavete, Uzziah

Never met you, probably never will, but I know how these things go from other games.

Just wanted to add that (for better, or worse), it was the responses in this thread that made me choose Khyber as my home.

Happy trails, from a stranger.

Community Member

Default Take Care Strak

You will be missed I always enjoyed running with you. Hopefully you will make it back.

Thanks for all your contributions to the forums and in game as well.

Eric

It's sad to see you go Strake, you were a strong part of the community, both in game and in the forums. You will be missed.

Now for me, I havn't played much since february 3. I logged like 4-5 times, and did quests twice because my class was needed at the moment from people who sent me tells. The Ice Games really never did it for me, I had no enjoyment to even try it. I knew I was missing on some things, like adding icy burst on some weapons, and that's why I spent like a million plat to buy sets from other players selling them. I had no intentions to leave but my brother caught me in a game I used to play, and I'm back there with a renewed interest. I left right after a great night of the new improved Vault of Night dragon raid, I did like 5 in a row, got a +4 dex tome and some good stuff and a great day playing DDO.

After that, looking at the Ice Games, I was just a bit "depressed". After a few weeks, I cleaned my mail, and prepared my characters for a long break. I said I left the game, but it's not entirely true, I just know I'll be back someday, but I don't know, it can be in a month (which I highly doub't), or in a much longer time. Unlike Strake, I'm not very well known, especially on the forums, and my absence probably went unnoticed, it's good that way, I've never been the kind of person to be in the front, I feel good back in the shadows.

I've had a great 4 years of gaming experience, but it becomes much and much harder to keep up with the new stuff, and too much grind kills the grind. Don't get me wrong, I still love the game, but I needed a break, and I'm still surprised I've been out for that long, but right now, I do not miss the game, the only thing I miss are my friends and the great people I used to run with regularly. I'll be back, someday, I just don't know when.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    QFT

It's like a local steakhouse with great food got converted into a McDonalds: Quality has been lost for quantity. Yes we had service issues, but the steak was always good so we put up with the slow service.

Now, we have fast service of ground beef (good looking packaging, but it ain't steak!) And, the ice games are the playlands (how does that help my steak taste better again?)

It has nothing to do with the new players; It has to do with what Turbine's leadership did to an excellent D&D game.
    This post is good. I knew things were changing when I was an active player in game, but I was still following the wave and had fun what so ever. Once out, and having a new perspective, I really feel the game has changed, and it's not THE game I loved so much. After all that time, it became more like an habit, log in and play, whatever the changes can be.

Take care all, and be well, I won't be back for a while.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Active Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Carelle ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345