Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    Strake,
    Ditto from me. I'm not givin' away a single copper piece. I hold out the possibility that I might want to play again in the future. keep yer stuff. As to the grind and F2P, for me the move to dungeon scaling and the influx of high level very poor quality players was even more a factor. And, mostly the "new high level content" after amrath just isn't all that great and I am not interested in epic. T

Ok...now I'm just ill with depression...

Somebody catch me...I think I'm coming down with the vapours!

*sigh*

This is gonna be one difficult month to get through with all my buddies dropping like flies...

What kind of birthday present are you folks giving me anyway? Solitude wrapped in a bow?

*ugh*

Come on, you can't leave us now.
    Proud Leader of the Shadowhand.

A is A. -John Galt

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Hate to see ya go Strake, your insights have helped many players.

And to those opining about forum regulars leaving, several long-time gamers have pointed out to me that there are a lot of "veteran" players leaving the game, for lack of new content.

Turbine has kept the proverbial carrot dangling in our faces long enough to "make" these same gamers discouraged!

I'm not flaming Turbine, I'm stating fact.

There are several things players can do to bring back the fun in the game. Most of which are so simplistic in nature that, many of you would be surprised to experience the game in a new light!

One of the biggest lessons I've learned in playing DDO lately, is to not get caught up in our old "power gaming" mode. And to roll a new toon (true class ie), just relax & play from level 1 & up! Try not using a veteran status for rolling new toons, find some newer players to hang with & teach them what you know, Try switching servers & start from scratch, making new friends, etc...

I can relate to the OPs sentiment, as I was burned out shortly after mod 9 release. It all came to a head when I stepped down as leader, & took a bus ride!
    I have taken back leadership of the guild, and have a new perspective on things, thanks to some great new DDO players! It's their attitude that changed mine!

Anyways, we hate to lose "one of our own"

GL, and if you want a serendipitous change, come to thelanis server and look us up!

Aww nards! This is awful!

I'm gonna need new samples in DULG to milk.
    Awnoo . Mayonnaise . Cellebrian . Gawnaball . Gawna . Gawnaderp .
    Gawnasorc . Mamadapolis . Gawnahjeal . Winnar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Gawno is excrement; Gawna is excellent.

Sorry to see you go Strake. We didnt run together much, but you were well respected.

On a side note: Its hard to stay gone, it really is.

Farewell and enjoy life to its fullest.

Rich

Bummed to see an old school player like you go. You had impactful contributions on the forums and in game, and have always been a very solid player to have in any group (including your self professed gimped monk).

Best to you and hope to see you back in the future.

Dark/Clean
    Guilds: Prophets of the New Republic & Revenents Khyber
    Active:
    Clean 18barb/2ftr Cleen 20arti Kleaner 20monk Darkstaar Dark Knight Psyborg 20sorc Warrwitch 20wiz Roque 19rog/1mnk Killeric 18fvs/2monk AA Duality Helves Angel
    Builds: Helves Angel Hurtlocker Dark Knight Riddle of Steel

take care strake,
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Default It's About Time ...

I hope you guys are done...

Hit the road...

Don't let the door ...

.. aw never mind.. I don't feel like trying to drum up any drama today ...

Take care. Spend time with that pretty wife of yours ... maybe post some pics of what the two of you are doing with all the extra RL time - we like pictures ... you could hold the camera anyway ...

Joining the retirement club with me eh? Well, we will still have .www.willremainnameless.com.

Even though I no longer play DDO I will still enjoy your posts there.

Starcraft 2 eh? Hmmm sounds very very interesting.
    Mythe
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Play what you want to play, and play it well.

QwijyMart has, and will be greatly missed. The new players never got to see how a player could so help change the game. You have left a permanent mark (some say stain :-) ) on the game, and never will the game be the same.

P.S. I agree with others, keep your stuff.
    http://www.dkforums.com - Look Mom it's a Guild forum, can I have one too?

I am sure many people will miss you. It stinks to lose a long time player and well known presence. Sometimes leaving is for the best for both you and the game. When things get stale for a player who has played any MMO for a long time it is easy get bitter and hard to see the positive in things. Not saying that is you but I see it in DDO and I have seen it in all MMOs. Take a good long break, enjoy yourself, when enough time has passed, enough will have changed here that it may look new to you again. Maybe then you will see things with eyes you had when your first started playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi_Hordo View Post
    Ok...now I'm just ill with depression...

Somebody catch me...I think I'm coming down with the vapours!

*sigh*

This is gonna be one difficult month to get through with all my buddies dropping like flies...

What kind of birthday present are you folks giving me anyway? Solitude wrapped in a bow?

*ugh*
    I'm back, you need to come run with me some time... I sang a song about candles in the Shroud this morning, it's from Debbie Does Dallas the Musical that I was just in.. I think you'd have enjoyed it..
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

Sad to see you go

Give most of your stuff away as you are planing to do,but keep at least 1 of your favorite characters equipped in case you do come back. Hope to see you down the road again and maybe some hot pics of your howt wife
    Aussie, Minimonbon,Rockstarr-Leader of Utopia
    Trade List

Default Sorry to hear...

Only met ya a few times, but I had fun those times. Best of luck to you in whatever adventures you have

-G

Default I don't think so. . .

Just responding to some of the above posts. . .

In the early days, every item fell from every chest. There really was no point to grinding. During our year and a half in the desert of "Vast and Mysterious," there was a core of really outstanding people who stayed with the game and the level of play was truly superb at that time. To be sure, some of us had differences with one another (both on Forums and in-game), but for the most part, guilds would run pugs with one another, listen to and follow the directions given by the bearer of the star, and life seemed good.

Turbine was warned by its decreasing customer base ad nauseum that the grind was getting excessive (Dragontouched, anyone?) and this expressed concern was apparently disregarded. The Dragontouched wasn't the only issue though; it was just the best example. How many runs has my Ranger now done of the Titan for the Chattering Ring? Fifty-five, to answer my own question. For three points of A/C? How many Stealer of Souls runs will I have to do in order to obtain another three points? Indefinite, but potentially infinite.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Mentor61 View Post
    I'm right behind ya.My account expired weeks ago and i never noticed.until I logged on.After logging on,there just wasn't anything interesting to do really.

I always shared your opinions,Most people would rather just keep everything nice but to get things done,sometimes you need to go to dirty places.

Safe travels
    I re-subbed just to log on for an hour and remember why I left. Bummer man.

Since you're leaving anyway GA is having a free trial period. Beautiful graphics, mmo-ish shooter, sci-fi setting, jetpack ftw. It's kept me interested a couple months.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

/depressed

Have a good time out there Strake

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Community Member

bye /death count
    Argonessen and Khyber Servers - Officer of Aces over Kings and Stormreach Thieves Guild
    http://www.srtg.org.au - Antir ~ Raegouli ~ Sussant ~ Servantir

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that you are leaving us. Always sad to see a prominent player leave the game community. I hope you keep yourself busy in the real world and take care.

If you do give stuff away, I'd be glad to take any Shroud ingredients you don't want.
    Or anything befitting the characters in my sig.

Again, take care and when life gives you lemons, find another person with vodka and start a party.
    *KHYBER* Yazool, Durrgin (Dwarf, Clr), Xarissa (Drow, Wiz), Reinei (Hafling, Monk), Cavatina (Human, FvS), Jinglethis Punk'Ass (Halfling, Bard/Fighter), Rahtchet (WF, Art)

Default d00d

There is no Shake without a Bake bro.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast