Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default GenCon 2010: DDO Party / Meetup...

So with all the new found fame and fortune that has come to Turbine and its Reincarnated baby called DDO...what's the likelyhood that you all (Turbine) will be hosting a party this year? Will we have to plan our own again? Just wondering

Thanks!
    -KHYBER- Current Mains: Dios D'Muerte - Barb>FvS>Bard>Wiz>Art / Deeos D'Muerte - 20 Ninja(TR2) / Draugar D'Muerte - 20 Ninja (TR1) .Deyna D'Muerte - 20 Assassin x3 (TR2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    ..Got a lunch break? A smoke break? You too can conspire with bacon

Community Member

I am leaving my Friday and Sat evening open for now, just in case something happens.

does Turbine usually go to GENCON?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The "" emoticon typically suggests that humor is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    does Turbine usually go to GENCON?
    yes, they were there last year previewing Korthos and the NPE, plus LOTRO
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Gencon is in August. I would think (unless they were planning way out), anything Turbine has planned would still be in the preliminary stages. They might have a space, but no defined idea of what they will do exactly. At least, not anything that is ready for public consumption. I would guess August would be about the time we see Half-Orcs, but thats just a guess.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Last year Turbine was NOT there. Korthos and NPE were the year before. We had to get a party together at Jillians. Tolero was nice enough to convince her bosses to give her some promo stuff and she showed up on her own.

Now that WB has it's hand in the DDO jar, what does this mean for the DDO Party at Gencon?

Will it be a large one like year 3 where they gave out DDO/LotRO shirts, and free drinks, or like last year, where one-two reps showed up with free ddo point cards, (but STILL a LOT of FUN).

Shaamis will be there Hell or High water anyway, I just need to know how many people I am going to dance drunk in front of.

I also will have a budget specifically for drinks
    Shaamis is REBORN! Stronger!Faster! DRUNKER THAN EVER!!! - DeathSmile Guild on Hardcore - The Drunken Monk of Stormreach on all other servers!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaamis View Post
    Now that WB has it's hand in the DDO jar, what does this mean for the DDO Party at Gencon?

Will it be a large one like year 3 where they gave out DDO/LotRO shirts, and free drinks, or like last year, where one-two reps showed up with free ddo point cards, (but STILL a LOT of FUN).

Shaamis will be there Hell or High water anyway, I just need to know how many people I am going to dance drunk in front of.

Indeed.
    All of the above.

Well, except the dancing part. I never did get drunk enough for that!

maybe this year....
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    yes, they were there last year previewing Korthos and the NPE, plus LOTRO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaofthesea View Post
    Last year Turbine was NOT there. Korthos and NPE were the year before......

*Chuckle*

Time does fly when we're having fun, eh?

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

Wink I want shammis so drunk, he laughs so hard, Chinees food comes out his noise again.

Count me in, but I don't drink, but Lynda plans on nailing me to the ground and getting me Drunk!
    The Dirty Old Man of Khyber is doing his best to be there! Zeek promised me beer too!

Community Member

Time to start mixing drinks Shaamis, we will have to test out some new recipes this year, and find some stronger ale, that stuff you guys drink down there is way too weak, if only I could smuggle some Canadian beer there....hmmm.....
    Thelanis

Kokanee, Lothgat, Cyrrlynda

I have a strong suspicion that they will do something big this year.

As for Drinks, be sure to check out the Official DDO Drink List thread in my signature.

I remember asking them about this at PAX East but didn't get a definitive answer. Something along the lines of, "we're still working on our convention schedule."

But, like last year, it doesn't take Turbine to get a bunch of DDO players together! We'll be hanging out (probably at Jillians) no matter whether Turbine's there or not. I thought last year went great!
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

I wold most definitely vote for Jillians on Friday night. I think a bunch of us DDOCasters will be doing an "Are You a Werewolf" Saturday night at 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    I remember asking them about this at PAX East but didn't get a definitive answer. Something along the lines of, "we're still working on our convention schedule."

But, like last year, it doesn't take Turbine to get a bunch of DDO players together! We'll be hanging out (probably at Jillians) no matter whether Turbine's there or not. I thought last year went great!
    Shaamis will be there on Friday night or Saturday night, but if I drink like I did last year, I might need someone to carry me out!
    Shaamis is REBORN! Stronger!Faster! DRUNKER THAN EVER!!! - DeathSmile Guild on Hardcore - The Drunken Monk of Stormreach on all other servers!

I think I am going to be there weather I want to be or not. I was told there will be a package at my door before I go to GenCon of things I have to give away to fellow DDO players.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma1122 View Post
    I think I am going to be there weather I want to be or not. I was told there will be a package at my door before I go to GenCon of things I have to give away to fellow DDO players.
    Man, you say that like it is a bad thing. Who from and what kind of things?
    Last edited by Steiner-Davion; 06-07-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Sorry. Not trying to make it sound bad.

Don't think she'll be sending me much to give away, but Thelanis' Cookie Queen Jaggie will not be making it to GenCon this year. So she might have a few things for me to give to random people.

Say it ain't so!!!! Jaggie is not going to be there? DoOOOOOOOoooooooooMMMMMmmmmmmmmmZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz1! !one

Default lol

We'll see if I can make it this year...my husband has told me that I'm going, but I'm not sure he realizes what all that entails.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast