Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Profanity filled rant-fest of a Shroud run...

I have never run into this in my four years in DDO. Yes, run into a tool or two, but nothing like this:

Jumped into a Shroud pug yesterday. Good spread of guys, maybe a little light on DPS, but solid enough. Everything is going on merrily until we are about to start part 3. Our leader, a wizzie, said something about wanting someone to come in and do his puzzle for him. One of the clerics said something along the lines of "Geez, pike much." That just touched things off. The Wizzie started going off on him, "F-ing little bi***es" this and that. Cleric was tossing back, but the Wizzie was just going house. It was bad enough where I thought they had to be kidding and were guildies or something.

Things quieted down and we got past 3 and completed 4 in a pretty nice salvage job. One of the fighters started to pick up the lead, so we weren't hearing from either of the two guys who'd been at each other.

Then p5. The fighter, tells the wizzie to keep the Earth eles attention while we clear out the rest. I don't remember the exact sequence of events here, but the whole thing started up again. The wizzie was going off and swearing all over the place. The cleric was on him for not doing his part, but the Wizzie was going amazingly overboard.

Then, after we finally clear out 3 of the 4 bosses and are boxing the earth ele, prepping for Harry someone asks the Wizzie where he was at. As we were buffing for the final fight... after another profanity filled rant he turns out to have recalled, but not dropped group. The swearing got so bad I had to squelch him. Shortly thereafter he dropped and we went on and completed.

Sorry, long story, but I have never run across that in this game. Found it a bummer and wanted to share to see if others are seeing this sort of thing.

From my perspective. The cleric may have been a bit out of line with the piker comment, but he was probably at least half joking... it was the freaking puzzles, who cares. The Wizzie, however, just went off. He obviously felt like he was being attacked, but just handled it very badly.
    Last edited by Bogenbroom; 03-16-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

I think you are lucky that you haven't seen this before. In any large group of people, there tends to be each of the possible extreme personalities represented. Out of 100 people, I'd expect at least 2-5 overly sensitive, immature, hot heads that are willing to share the love.

Put the guy on your "do not group" list and be thankful you haven't run into more like him in the past--because you'll likely see more in the future
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

Yes, I've encountered it before, not here as I learned my lesson long ago and no longer pug, but in other games. It's sad. I don't play games with people who's company I don't enjoy, and I respect myself too much to tolerate that kind of behavior. I apologize and drop group.
    Meh

LOL, I did see Streker logged on few days ago.
    wonder if it coulda been....nah.

You know who Streker is don't ya?
    Last edited by Slink; 03-16-2010 at 10:44 AM.
    SidekickzDysmoniaEilisia PSSC

Quote Originally Posted by Slink View Post
    LOL, I did see Streker logged on few days ago.
    wonder if it coulda been....nah.

You know who Streker is don't ya?
    Nope, not Streker unless it was an alt. Name rings a vague bell, but I don't think I ever had any run-in/issue with him.

You know, I have run across a couple of cases of personality conflicts, although I only have 1 person on my do not group with list. I have just never seen anything get so out of hand. I suppose it has to do with the fact that is started half-way through a Shroud run. Otherwise folks might have just dropped and it wouldn't have kept escalating.
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

So you're saying you finally ran your first Shroud with Shafted?

Well, since I'm semi-back... Even though on a limited basis.. Hopefully there will be more of these Even though this time it wasn't me.. I wouldn't have left, I'd have made them cry and run to mommy.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

WoW.

Last edited by apacheizm23; 03-16-2010 at 12:18 PM.
    DIRTYONE/BARBARIAN-APACHE/FS -APACHEKID/RANGER/FIGHTER -TRUEGOD/WARLOCK - POWWOW/FIGHTER- INDIO/PALI-TUKO/BARBARIAN -REDHOOK/BARD - GUISEPPI/RANGER -SHORTYROCK/ROGUE/RANGER/BARB- DIRTYHO/MONK--DIRTYBLADE/PALI
    2006/VIP BROOKLYN N.Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    So you're saying you finally ran your first Shroud with Shafted?
    Streker=Shafted

haha so many memories.

'gotta run nex door to barah sum money fer sum beerz" with his wife yelling in the backgroud something about 'worthless slob'

poor guy, he was great.
    Last edited by Slink; 03-16-2010 at 11:29 AM.
    SidekickzDysmoniaEilisia PSSC

I know who you are talking about and he drops groups a lot it seems. Maybe he is on medication or something, because his reaction to conflict or game stress seems to be out of whack.

He kept dying in a devils run, I was the cleric and put him in my pocket for a bit to save mana (for maybe 2 minutes). He swore and then dropped grp (was his party). I see his flags up all the time and feel bad for the next grp of pugs that get stuck with him lol.

Shafted back?

hmmm, How come I never attend a really good show anymore?
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Buckle in man...

Even though I believe I know who you are speaking of due to my own experiences; I just take off my headphones and continue on.

I don't see the point in letting someone behaving in this way to ruin my chances at getting what I came there for. Although, I will admit on one occasion now dropping group before the raid party zoned in in response to this kind of behavior.

If I want to listen to that kind of thing, I've only to pay attention to my dysfunctional upstairs neighbors.

Community Member

Might be less anger if their was less class biasm.

Ill leave that for you all to figure out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slink View Post
    Streker=Shafted
    I had a feeling that's what you were getting at, but had to be sure

well i know it couslnt have been one of my drunken tirads because i dont recall the last time i drank, nor the last time I was on Khyber, but I am glad to know there are peeps out there keeping us in check!
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

Community Member

Default Dang it

You guys beat me to the punch.

My first thought was Shafted. I couldn't wait to post that. then as I scrolled down I saw that several of you had already posted it.

Yes he's back for those that don't know. He was just complimenting me the other day about the name of one of my toons. Natty Light, go figure!

I haven't been able to catch a Shroud run with him in it yet but I'd due soon I guess. I need the laugh.

I think the best Shroud run ever would be a run with Bigole and a drunk Shafted. That would even beat a run where me & the Beergirl are drunk and arguing over how to do the puzzles in part 3.

Dis... Have you ever run with Shafted when he was not drunk?...I know I havent

"Come on folks its easy" Tico 20 Cleric, Montico Arti, Longlife 18/2 Ranger/monk, Jaaomae wc 20, Teeco Cleric

Smile

I dont know I joined a tor group a couple weeks back that a wizard who starts with a H was leading. Right off the bat I had decided not to join another of his groups but to finish the run. Same senerios you are talking about everyting anyone said set him into a rant. Think we made it to the 3rd dragon before everything fell completely apart. I was the second to leave. One toon stayed in and went shopping so he wouldent be able to finish. I am pretty sure we are talking about the same guy see his LFMs all the time taking forever to fill. He made the 2nd on my squelch list. Wont be long and he will be gone becuse there wont be anyone who dosent know him.
    Kyber:
    Home of Stamper the Seeker 20 dwarven barbarian, Jox Everheal 17 human cleric, Justwanta Burn 20 WF sorc, and Lubejob Fleshie Killer WF 10 wizzey/2 rog.

Community Member

Hi Welcome
    Argonessen and Khyber Servers - Officer of Aces over Kings and Stormreach Thieves Guild
    http://www.srtg.org.au - Antir ~ Raegouli ~ Sussant ~ Servantir

LOL, read the OP and first thing I thought was, Shafted...
    Last edited by NXPlasmid; 03-16-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast