Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree that the Khopesh is a better statically. Statically! Someone mentioned 'averages' Now your 'thinking!' Look at the combat window sometime!

I've seen this play out many times before... Now you should go and do a cost benifit analysis between the bswords and khopeshes at the AH. Unless your guildie has a hoard of them somewhere... Probably better off going with DAxes, or BSwords... I've seen at least 10 people try to go to with khopeshes, but end up giving up because they can not afford the prices to get good ones, nor do they pull any good ones. Sadly my wife will probably be another one that discovers this out. I have one guildie, one out of at least 10, and hes been saving khopeshes for 3 years and now he's busted them out!

It all comes down to 'your'/'their' playstyle
    Hogmire 20 Sorc Raigor 18 Ranger/1 Rogue/1 Monk ® Falnor 15 Centar (Reborn)® 6 Ranger Boothby 20 Bard Dakama 20 Sorc Dragnost 20 PaladinDraggie Cookies! NOM-NOM-NOM!!!
    Not responsible for technicial assistance given.

Availability of weapons is certainly a factor in any exotic weapon build. By definition, you are spending a valuable feat on just one weapon type of the many in the game. If you do not have (or do not trust the loot gods to provide) a particular weapon of the type you want, don't bother with the exotic weapon proficiency initially. You can always respect for it later when you do have the weapons. Just use the best scimitar or even longsword that you come across until you have the weapons you want (or the opportunity to raid craft them). Until you get improved crit and tons of stacking damage modifiers, the difference isn't all that meaningful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12