Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 100k plat for weapons shipment bauble. Too much? Not enough?

So I was running weapons shipment solo to try to get my cleric on sarlona a bauble, when I was told buy a gentleman/not so gentleman that I was ripping people off. IMO 100k plat was quite generous considering I was allowing people to join my solo run and giving them a chance at free money they would not have gotten otherwise.

Sooo... My questions is this. Is 100k a serious rip off for something you would normally just pass to the most beneficial caster in the party. Or is this a reasonable offer? Seemed kind of doushy for the Armored Tatertots member to even bother with sending me this tell, but perhaps I was in the wrong with offering the little plat I happened to have for the item I seeked.

Meh gofigur
    Olympian - 18 Rogue : Phelnor - 18 Bard WC : Owatanas - 15 Barb/ 2 Ftr
    Shrewmage - 18 Sorc :Belzabeth -14 Barb/ 4 Rgr : Philaro - 19 Cleric/1 Sorc

Quote Originally Posted by ShrewMage View Post
    So I was running weapons shipment solo to try to get my cleric on sarlona a bauble, when I was told buy a gentleman/not so gentleman that I was ripping people off. IMO 100k plat was quite generous considering I was allowing people to join my solo run and giving them a chance at free money they would not have gotten otherwise.

Sooo... My questions is this. Is 100k a serious rip off for something you would normally just pass to the most beneficial caster in the party. Or is this a reasonable offer? Seemed kind of doushy for the Armored Tatertots member to even bother with sending me this tell, but perhaps I was in the wrong with offering the little plat I happened to have for the item I seeked.

Meh gofigur
    If someone thinks its a rip off they dont have to join.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

I think it's worth a fair bit more than 100K. I mean it's a rechargeable Major Mnemonic. I'd say it's worth at least 3-4 times that much.
    Last edited by Sirea; 03-10-2010 at 07:44 PM.
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Amen
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Community Member

Hmm, so you soloed it then put up an LFM askign for peopel to join, and that you would pay 100k plat to anybody that pulled a bauble and passed it too you? If that's the case.. Heck, seems more than fair to me... Sure it would be a pricey item on the AH, but since it's BTC.... Well you know....

It's a persons choice if they want to go with that deal or not..... Sounds liek the ******ry was in the player who sent the tell....

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    My thoughts exactly, to which I replied a similar tell to the snide remark

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    I think it's worth a fair bit more than 100K. I mean it is 3 rechargeable clicks of a Major Mnemonic. I'd say it's worth at least 3-4 times that much.
    Indeed it is worth more technically, but to be clear It's only one click and not really a must have. More of a commodity than anything. Sure I would like to have it, but I'm not going to blow all my dough just to get it. maybe if I were starting a fresh run that I needed others to do, but since I was on the end fight already, I fugired at that point it was a generous offer. Since all they would really need to do is walk in, loot the chest and collect the dough.

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Hmm, so you soloed it then put up an LFM askign for peopel to join, and that you would pay 100k plat to anybody that pulled a bauble and passed it too you? If that's the case.. Heck, seems more than fair to me... Sure it would be a pricey item on the AH, but since it's BTC.... Well you know....

It's a persons choice if they want to go with that deal or not..... Sounds liek the ******ry was in the player who sent the tell....
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. Just thought I would get a second opinion in case I was being too stingy with my 100k plat offering :P
    Olympian - 18 Rogue : Phelnor - 18 Bard WC : Owatanas - 15 Barb/ 2 Ftr
    Shrewmage - 18 Sorc :Belzabeth -14 Barb/ 4 Rgr : Philaro - 19 Cleric/1 Sorc

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    I think it's worth a fair bit more than 100K. I mean it is 3 rechargeable clicks of a Major Mnemonic. I'd say it's worth at least 3-4 times that much.
    It's only 1/3rd as good as you think, which would put the price on such an item as (3-4times)/3, or 1-1.333 times 100kpp
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Considering its BtC, that's pretty generous if its pulled on a non caster.

If it was a caster...well they could take it or not. 100K plat wouldn't be enough to talk my caster out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    It's only 1/3rd as good as you think, which would put the price on such an item as (3-4times)/3, or 1-1.333 times 100kpp
    You're right, I think I was getting it confused with the epic Ring of Spell Storing

Personally I still think it's worth more than 100K, but that's just me.
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

People will always complain no matter what you do. Even before I had mine, if I saw a LFM for "free pull, but you have to pass me the bauble", if I wasn't doing anything, why not? And that was without the 100k plat, just got to keep whatever vendor trash I pulled. It's a completely random pull so it doesn't matter if you pass one or not.

If it's your group, you can put up that people have to pay 50k plat for the honor of running with you. Your group, your rules, noone has to join.
    There is no lag. Just because you had none before and can't play now doesn't mean the server move had anything to do with it.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Seems generous on your part. I often join these groups... Chance at Boot Ingrediants or a Arrowhead is plenty of compensation for me.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I'd pay 10 times that for a bauble on my caster...
    Thanks for the long time forum user purge of Aug '10 (Sarcasm for those who don't get it)

if the bauble was sellable...itd probably sell for 10 mil gold/1 mil plat.

That being said, it is BtC and a Non-caster it would be worthless unless TRing. If that guy did want to "sell it" to you, he does not have to join. I agree with Impaqt. The chance at a Boot ingrediant and/or Arrowhead would be nice.

The more LFMs/Threads I see about this; the happier I am I pulled it my very first weapons shipment run. I had no idea how rare it was until I ran this quest so many more times (for arrowhead and ingrediants). I quite often do this quest with friends in an attempt to get them the bauble.

GL to OP getting this item. It is indeed worth it. How much would you pay for a SP shroud item? Well its worth like 2 of those.

~Bacab

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniac View Post
    Well, then go put up an LFM for Weapons Shipmenet and offer it.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

A. Did you get people to join? If so 100k was enough. (nice reward for a melée having pulled it that can't use it.)

B. 100k plat is snack food money for most players that can get into weaponshipments

C. If unbound, I bet the items value is on the other side of a mill plat....but you were never trying to buy the item.....you were offer a bounty to players that had no use for it as a reward.

D. Personally I think your fine, I would let the first 5 inquiring join though and not exclude other mana bars.....understanding not optimal to your objective. Pretty sure genaric melée hands over to you for the plat, and genaric caster is only there for his own pull chances....would not consider out bidding you.

E. No reason to mention the acussers guild name in op.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrewMage View Post
    IMO 100k plat was quite generous considering I was allowing people to join my solo run and giving them a chance at free money they would not have gotten otherwise.
    If you're going to do most/all the work (solo) while I'm busy watching TV in the background or typing in guild chat, then great, and I might even join without the $ just to see what I pull. If I'm expected to put some effort in but then get paid to pass an item I wouldn't use anyway, that's great, too.

I saw an LFM like this recently and thought it was pretty bad, but it didn't mention "solo" and didn't mention a cash reward. It just said something like, "If a bauble drops, I get it."
    I can dodge fireballs, baby!
    "When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown-up."

Community Member

1. While participating in the Forums, you must respect the rights of others to participate in the community. To this end you may not harass, defraud, threaten or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other members or Turbine staff. This includes, but is not limited to:

* Name-calling or other insults
    * Posting with the intent of provoking another user or users
    * Flaming another user for their spelling or grammar
    * Bringing disagreements with someone into unrelated threads
    * Creating a thread or post that calls out another player(s) for their actions in the game
    * Abuse of the Reputation system

Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    Considering its BtC, that's pretty generous if its pulled on a non caster.

If it was a caster...well they could take it or not. 100K plat wouldn't be enough to talk my caster out of it.
    ^ this, unless I already had one.

But if my melees pulled it I'd probably just put it up for roll or whatever like any other BtC loot.
    This space intentionally left mostly blank.

Community Member BurningDownTheHouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniac View Post
    Keep grinding, slacker!!!
    Incinirate/Scracher/Pulverize/Saave/Intimidate/Extterminate/Assacinate/Dismemberr.
    Officer of Pestilence.
    --A Xorian invader to Thelanis--
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Lailat is just a loot pinyata.

Quote Originally Posted by Deusxmachina View Post
    I saw an LFM like this recently and thought it was pretty bad, but it didn't mention "solo" and didn't mention a cash reward. It just said something like, "If a bauble drops, I get it."
    I used to love seeing things like that in the WoW LFM channel. Trying to fill a 25 man PUG run with reserved loot was funny. "LFM for RaidX, items Y&Z reserved" where Y was the best caster item and Z was the best melee item, and they were all that anyone would want out of there.

This is of course a different situation as you have already soloed everything, but it just caused a flashback to some funny times..lol
    Buff Rock, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast