Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Need some help with the Sneakcharmer

Heyas gang

I've been reading these forums for a long time, only recently signed up. I've been very thankful for the awesome builds and general knowledge on these forums, and have spent way more time than I should have going over builds, and trying to understand all the ins and outs of DDO and character planning.

I'm still fairly new to DDO, but I have a long and sad history of character build/re-rolling/alt-itis/character planner/obsessive compulsive gamer in other MMOs. ;P I have tried a ton of builds suggested on these forums, and enjoyed many of them. I think I've begun to narrow down what things I like and find important, and what things I don't care about so much.

All of my goofing around, and endless hours trying goofy things and staring at the character planner, has finally caused me to crack, and come up with this completely off the wall build. I'd appreciate whatever feedback I can get on this, and I'm quite sure that it's an uber gimp endgame for reasons I can't possibly understand, but let me give you some idea of why this was created. Being a fairly new player, I don't have access to tons of plat and/or twinking items, and I also play odd hours a lot of the time, so I need to be able to solo.

What the builds goals boil down too are pretty simple.

1. Some sneak attack damage via hafling and rogue.
    2. A way to implement that damage solo.
    3. Ability to buff and heal solo, and the mana pool to CC. (hence the sorc level)
    4. Not reliant on hard to get items and/or tomes more than +1 or +2. This is not in any way shape or form an endgame build, it's a noob friendly leveling build, aimed at people like me without a lot of resources.

So without further ado, I give the worst build in DDO history, the Sneakcharmer.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.34
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 20 Neutral Good Halfling Female
    (3 Rogue \ 1 Sorcerer \ 16 Bard) 
    Hit Points: 220
    Spell Points: 745 
    BAB: 14\14\19\24
    Fortitude: 9
    Reflex: 18
    Will: 13

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             14                    20
    Dexterity            16                    18
    Constitution         14                    14
    Intelligence          8                     8
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma             16                    18

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 19

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting
    Enhancement: Rogue Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I

Level 2 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Extra Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery I
    Enhancement: Halfling Cunning I
    Enhancement: Bard Wand Mastery I

Level 3 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
    Enhancement: Halfling Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Halfling Guile I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I

Level 4 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage I
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma I

Level 5 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack I

Level 6 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Bard Extra Song II
    Enhancement: Halfling Cunning II
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II

Level 7 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery II
    Enhancement: Halfling Guile II

Level 8 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song II
    Enhancement: Bard Warchanter I

Level 9 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage II
    Enhancement: Bard Wand Mastery II

Level 10 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Perform I
    Enhancement: Bard Wand Mastery III

Level 11 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma II

Level 12 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song III

Level 13 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Halfling Cunning III

Level 14 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage III
    Enhancement: Halfling Guile III

Level 15 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Heighten Spell
    Enhancement: Halfling Cunning IV

Level 16 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song IV

Level 17 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Wand Mastery IV

Level 18 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    Enhancement: Halfling Guile IV

Level 19 (Bard)

Level 20 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Rogue Item Defense I
    Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration I
    Enhancement: Bard Improved Spell Penetration II
    The only skills I focused on, which oddly enough, were the only ones I cared about, were balance, concentration, jump, perform, and UMD. All of which are more or less maxed at level 20.

The reasoning behind the sorc level, which I'm sure is going to take a beating and rightly so, is just because in my noobler no resource world, having 300+ mana at level 3 on a bard, especially given the playstyle of this toon is just too good to pass up. Being able to spam charm without worrying about and/or running out of mana really makes this work. Charming 2 mobs in a pack of 15 will give you a surprising amount of sneak attacks and ended up being a very effective playstyle.

As I said, this is not an endgame toon. It's just something I worked into via needing to be self sufficient and trying to get through things solo at odd hours. I'm sure it's laughably broken, with some very obvious mistakes to someone who's been playing longer than I have, and I really do appreciate the awesome amount of knowledge and expertise on these boards. Any help you can shoot my way is greatly appreciated.

Humbly yours
    Ultrazen

Community Member

I've built and rerolled tons of bards, and never once thought to splash another caster in there. Your reasoning makes perfect sense to me, but I wouldn't rely on that if I were you.

The only other point for me, is why wait till lvl 20 for the second level of rogue. I would think about slipping it in at level 9 after your PrE.

I'm interested in how this character develops.

Good luck.
    "It's not an adventure unless your life is in peril!"

Community Member

Lol...this toon is so much fun I can't even tell you. I actually have 2 different versions of it going right now. The one that's listed, and another one that's warforged, 2h fighting, and 3 fighter instead of rogue.

The sneak attack/charmer is just insane. In any quest where you can charm and sneak attack mobs it's just plain silly. So far this character has been able to solo elite level quests at levels I couldn't on most of my other characters, there are just so many tools.... Between hypnotize, charm, and fascinate...man, and having a ton of mana to be able to spam that stuff...just too good. Without a doubt the most fun I've had leveling a toon so far, but still pretty early days.

God, if only I could fit acrobat and warchanter together....WTB level 21 characters.

Oh and Kelabb! The 2nd level of rogue does come right after the PrE, level 20 is the 3rd level of rogue. I didn't want my spell selections to fall any further behind on the bard levels, as it's pushing it already in some cases. I really wanted evasion before Giant Hold, and the level after the pre seemed like the best time to slot it in.

I would still like some help cleaning up the order to take things, and maximizing all my enhancements etc, that's where my eyes start to cross.

Cheers!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post

Oh and Kelabb! The 2nd level of rogue does come right after the PrE, level 20 is the 3rd level of rogue. I didn't want my spell selections to fall any further behind on the bard levels, as it's pushing it already in some cases. I really wanted evasion before Giant Hold, and the level after the pre seemed like the best time to slot it in.

Cheers!
    I see that now, my eyes were crossing too...

This build inspired me to throw together another bard toon... (Multiclasses: Arcane Boosted Barbaric Bard)
    "It's not an adventure unless your life is in peril!"