Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Adventure Packs To Buy?

Well the title basicly says it all.
    I need to know which ones are run buy groups and which ones give out good loot.

Right now I have Catacombs, Tangleroot, and Syndacite. My highst toon is a level 6 pure rogue.

PS Im F2P and have about 4k worth of points to spend

Delera's (lvl 5-9), Gianthold (lvl 10-14), Orchard AKA Necropolis 4 (lvls 10-15), Shroud AKA Vale of Twilight (Lvls 15-18), Amrath (Lvls 18-20)

the level breakdown is not the limit for your character to enter those adventure packs, but is my recommendation for the ranges wherein good/great xp can be obtained.
    Lava Diving Free Companion
    Boliard Orland Bace Falion Racas Gimak Augite Bitterpill Lutav Fanion BellJar Anoni Debussy

Quote Originally Posted by Lehrman View Post
    Delera's (lvl 5-9), Gianthold (lvl 10-14), Orchard AKA Necropolis 4 (lvls 10-15), Shroud AKA Vale of Twilight (Lvls 15-18), Amrath (Lvls 18-20)

the level breakdown is not the limit for your character to enter those adventure packs, but is my recommendation for the ranges wherein good/great xp can be obtained.
    what this guy said

don't bother with Devils Assault.

Techinically you could still farm Seal of Shan-to-khor (gotta buy this, STK is the shorthand for it) on hard/elite for some good exp.

but you are right around the lvl to start doing gwylans/tear of Dhakaan till you hit like 8 to to deleras.
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Thank you much for the great info and lack of noob bashing. Below are the prices I found in the Store.

Delaras =750 tp
    GiantHold=950 tp
    Necro 4=850
    Vale of Twilight=650 tp
    Devils of Shavarath (Amrath)=650 tp

total=3850 tp

These are all standard prices

What types of monsters do you enjoy fighting?

If it's not undead I'd skip Deleras (but there are some nice items there)
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfruit View Post
    What types of monsters do you enjoy fighting?

If it's not undead I'd skip Deleras (but there are some nice items there)
    yeah, and if you don't like XP then skip Deleras... T

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by arconalos View Post
    Thank you much for the great info and lack of noob bashing. Below are the prices I found in the Store.

Delaras =750 tp
    GiantHold=950 tp
    Necro 4=850
    Vale of Twilight=650 tp
    Devils of Shavarath (Amrath)=650 tp

total=3850 tp

These are all standard prices
    Remember, you don't have to get them all at once, and they will likely be on sale in the store at times. I would suggest going ahead and getting Delera's now(it is worth it for xp) plus you get the xp trinket as an end reward from the Delera's chain for 5% more xp from quests. Then as the rest come on sale, get them

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Quote Originally Posted by arconalos View Post
    There is very little newb bashing here when people come to ask a question. The bashing and mocking begin when people start spouting off about things they know nothing about.

P.S. I also really like the desert pack, but it is not needed as much if you get the others that were listed.

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    Because there isn't enough xp to get passed Level 10 using only F2p quests?
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Good recommendations already made, but here is a great thread that shows what loots you can potentially get from each area:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279

Barumar

i'd get all if possible
    except for devil assault that is
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Community Member

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

+1 for you sir.

Community Member

Default No

Quote Originally Posted by Robi3.0 View Post
    Because there isn't enough xp to get passed Level 10 using only F2p quests?
    Because there is no faster XP per minute at that level. Especially when you factor in the +5% XP trinket that stays with you forever. I think the combined XP for that chain is over 15K and it takes 20-25 minutes to run the whole chain. There is no faster xp than that chain at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    Because there is no faster XP per minute at that level. Especially when you factor in the +5% XP trinket that stays with you forever. I think the combined XP for that chain is over 15K and it takes 20-25 minutes to run the whole chain. There is no faster xp than that chain at that level.
    You know you are absolutely correct Delera's is a excellent chain to rake in the XP super fast, but that is a prefect example of old school/VIP thinking. There are exactly 73 F2p quests from level 1-10 from levels 11-20 there are 10. A premium/F2p that doesn't have access to everything who has put a little thought into it, would be more concerned with getting from level 11 to cap instead of raking fast xp in a level range that has plenty of F2p quest support.

I am not saying that Delera's isn't worth having I just wouldn't rate in the top five. Hell it was actually the 10th adventure pack I purchased.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Robi3.0 View Post
    You know you are absolutely correct Delera's is a excellent chain to rake in the XP super fast, but that is a prefect example of old school/VIP thinking. There are exactly 73 F2p quests from level 1-10 from levels 11-20 there are 10. A premium/F2p that doesn't have access to everything who has put a little thought into it, would be more concerned with getting from level 11 to cap instead of raking fast xp in a level range that has plenty of F2p quest support.

I am not saying that Delera's isn't worth having I just wouldn't rate in the top five. Hell it was actually the 10th adventure pack I purchased.
    IMO Delara's is a must-have for people like me that prefer high-level play to low level play. Threnal is an acceptable substitute, it also has a +5% XP item (they don't stack) which is of more use at high level, but Threnal is harder to get a group for.

My sig has a link to a thread where I reviewed all (save the most recent) adventure packs.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Smile

cost performance of gianthold is low now.

dont forget desert.

Live to serve party and raid members as best as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    IMO Delara's is a must-have for people like me that prefer high-level play to low level play. Threnal is an acceptable substitute, it also has a +5% XP item (they don't stack) which is of more use at high level, but Threnal is harder to get a group for.

My sig has a link to a thread where I reviewed all (save the most recent) adventure packs.
    Meh, that is your opinion. I personally don't place that much value on a 5% XP trinket, back in the day we leveled characters without it. I love high level content a whole bunch as well, that is why I purchased all of it before spending the TP to buy Delera's.

In my sig is a link to my thread it contains hardcore facts not opinions.

Run deleras tomb 10 times on normal. Then on Hard. Then Elite.

And say hello to minimum 2 levels. Maybe three.

If three levels on every character you make (and fast, if you have an experienced group) +5% xp forever isn't worth 750 turbine points, tell me what is?

Edit: As to the point about previously levelling without the 5% xp boost its true, we did used to level without it...but then again, we used to fly in planes where a guy needed to spin the turbines before you could lift off.For my money, I'll take a 747. Just because you used to do something, doesn't make it better. Especially in this case, where it makes no sense to level without the 5% bonus. Its literally free xp.

Can't forget there are other quests in the pack as well. I mean I dont ever run them but they're there.

If you want: fast xp that is literally unbeatable at level, buy deleras.

If you want a wide variety of less xp intense quests because you wanna try out different things instead of power levelling, deleras may not be for you.

it all depends what you want.

BUT: huge caveat. If power levelling through middle levels to get to end game raids and content is what you want...anyone telling you to skip deleras is doing you a disservice.

I don't generally come out this strongly in these types of advice posts but...wow. Skip deleras? Sure, if I wanted to add hours and hours to my powerlevelling, sure, I'll skip Deleras.
    Last edited by Gornn; 03-09-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    Gornn 3:16 says: Gornn just hugged yo' @$$!
    Ask Gornn! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=156209
    Ask Gornn! archives http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Categ..._Gornn_Archive
    "It's only elitist if you're not actually better than everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Saaluta View Post
    Remember, you don't have to get them all at once, and they will likely be on sale in the store at times. I would suggest going ahead and getting Delera's now(it is worth it for xp) plus you get the xp trinket as an end reward from the Delera's chain for 5% more xp from quests. Then as the rest come on sale, get them

Saal

+rep.

Good point, Saal. Buy deleras now, and wait til the other packs go on sale.
    Gornn 3:16 says: Gornn just hugged yo' @$$!
    Ask Gornn! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=156209
    Ask Gornn! archives http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Categ..._Gornn_Archive
    "It's only elitist if you're not actually better than everyone else."

20. 03-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Hmm i would consider getting content in a level range there is no or low free content. In deleras range there are a lot of other quests to play... having an alternative to vale in the range 15-19 is much more important, or at least that is my experience (and no i'm not VIP so i know how it is to not have every single pack).

I liked the inspired quaters for example... good trash loot to fill up some slots, nice xp and fast quests with lots of groups playing. Devils are great of course but you need some halfway good gear for that. Reaver's Reach was great too, not so pricey and with nice and tough quests and of course the Dragon Touched Armor.

The only real advantage to Deleras is one item, that isnt needed once you are capped out. Waste of TP untill you have enough content in high levels...

GH and Vale or not optional btw as everybody has already said... just wanted to /sign that one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast