Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gornn View Post
    [snip]
    I agree with you 100%, but I think you are not considering a few things.

1)New players usually don't and shouldn't be power leveling. This leads to new players in raids like the shroud with out the proper equipment. Then Vets come to the forms posting thread complaining about noobs in their raids. Telling new players to buy Delera's first then use it to power level and pickup other packs as they come on sale is doing everyone a disservice .

2) Anyone familiar enough with the game with the ability/want to power level wouldn't bother posting a thread asking which packs to buy.

As Tumarek has said it is far more important to have other packs before Delera's.

But, if you want to power level and are not concerned with what you will be doing at end game Delera's is a must have.
    Last edited by Robi3.0; 03-09-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Community Member

Default Holy Cow Gornn

Quote Originally Posted by Gornn View Post
    Run deleras tomb 10 times on normal. Then on Hard. Then Elite.

And say hello to minimum 2 levels. Maybe three.

If three levels on every character you make (and fast, if you have an experienced group) +5% xp forever isn't worth 750 turbine points, tell me what is?

Edit: As to the point about previously levelling without the 5% xp boost its true, we did used to level without it...but then again, we used to fly in planes where a guy needed to spin the turbines before you could lift off.For my money, I'll take a 747. Just because you used to do something, doesn't make it better. Especially in this case, where it makes no sense to level without the 5% bonus. Its literally free xp.

Can't forget there are other quests in the pack as well. I mean I dont ever run them but they're there.

If you want: fast xp that is literally unbeatable at level, buy deleras.

If you want a wide variety of less xp intense quests because you wanna try out different things instead of power levelling, deleras may not be for you.

it all depends what you want.

BUT: huge caveat. If power levelling through middle levels to get to end game raids and content is what you want...anyone telling you to skip deleras is doing you a disservice.

I don't generally come out this strongly in these types of advice posts but...wow. Skip deleras? Sure, if I wanted to add hours and hours to my powerlevelling, sure, I'll skip Deleras.
    I've never seen that side of you before.

+1 to you.

Just don't hug me.

I would just like to add, if favor of deleras the following:
    carnifex
    iron manacles
    golden cartouch

lesser intrest but still intresting:
    serpent branch
    others?

these are all bound to account now, so if you don't want xp AND great items then forget deleras...

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    I've never seen that side of you before.

+1 to you.

Just don't hug me.
    I think he's an F2Per coming over from WoW...

+1 rep to you!

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    I think he's an F2Per coming over from WoW...

+1 rep to you!
    Are you referring to me?
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

carnifex
    iron manacles
    golden cartouch

serpent branch
    others?

these are all bound to account now, so if you don't want xp AND great items then forget deleras...
    Again... I'm not arguing that Deleras is a great chain, have bought it myself. But if you have limited resources it is more important to buy content in level areas that are not already filled with free content. The first thing you want to do is get content for all different levels so you can actually ENJOY the game at any point.

BTW bound to account means **** to F2P since it cant be mailed and the shared bank account cost more then 2 good packs...

Quote Originally Posted by Tumarek View Post
    Again... I'm not arguing that Deleras is a great chain, have bought it myself. But if you have limited resources it is more important to buy content in level areas that are not already filled with free content. The first thing you want to do is get content for all different levels so you can actually ENJOY the game at any point.

BTW bound to account means **** to F2P since it cant be mailed and the shared bank account cost more then 2 good packs...
    not being F2P I guess I have hard time seeing your logic, since if you are spending that much time playing the game, it seems worth it to me to spend a few bucks to get the best experience, but I get what you are saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Robi3.0 View Post
    Are you referring to me?
    uh... no.

not being F2P I guess I have hard time seeing your logic, since if you are spending that much time playing the game, it seems worth it to me to spend a few bucks to get the best experience, but I get what you are saying...
    Your definition of "the best experience" can be and most likely is different then anyone's.
    uh... no.
    good
    Last edited by Robi3.0; 03-09-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Your definition of "the best experience" can be and most likely is different then anyone's.

good
    First I think you mean, different than others, not anyones since I believe there are those who share my definition that have posted in this thread. I am not suggesting that my definition is in any way better or more valid than any other. Also, if you follow the quote chain it is fairly clear to whom my WoW F2Per comment was refering to..

My comments in the quote between -----

I agree with you 100%, but I think you are not considering a few things.

1)New players usually don't and shouldn't be power leveling. This leads to new players in raids like the shroud with out the proper equipment. Then Vets come to the forms posting thread complaining about noobs in their raids. Telling new players to buy Delera's first then use it to power level and pickup other packs as they come on sale is doing everyone a disservice .

-------
    Personally, I would never do this. But I see your point.

I'm one of the limited minority that believes if a raid fails, its the leaders fault. Not a new member of the game being new. A good leader can and should overcome this, IMO.

But, I agree with your point.

My experience with the game is such that levels 6 - 10 are on the dull side. Which is never where you wanna be on the curve. I also think repetition instills good habits. So from my perspective, Delera's is a good fit.

-----------

2) Anyone familiar enough with the game with the ability/want to power level wouldn't bother posting a thread asking which packs to buy.

-----------
    Maybe, I can't say. What I'll say is that when I was new, I wanted as much XP as fast as possible. Not everyone is gonna be that way, but that's just me.

As Tumarek has said it is far more important to have other packs before Delera's.

--------------
    In this particular case though, what's the choice? He has 4000 points he wants to spend.

Buy a half dozen packs you can't play for another 6 levels? Or grab a bunch of good ones across the level spectrum and play up through cap? It doesn't make sense to buy so many packs you can't play.

Because while you *can* get to level 10 completely free to play, it isn't exactly fun. And since Delera's is a) a great quest chain that is fun b) a quest that contains cool loot and dungeons C) has great loot and xp, why not pick it up? Especially for the OP that has 4000 points?

Specific to this poster, this list:

Delaras =750 tp
    GiantHold=950 tp
    Necro 4=850
    Vale of Twilight=650 tp
    Devils of Shavarath (Amrath)=650 tp

total=3850 tp

Is great, and will almost literally carry him from level 6 to cap.

So while I agree with your point about there being far fewer FTP quests above level 10, one pack (the best mid level pack there is, or one of them, anyway), isn't bad when you're getting 4 level 10 and above packs. Specific to the OP, that is a great list.

Saal's advice about buying the packs as they go on sale is also very good.

-------
    And to Tumarek;'s post, the OP has a goodly amount of TP available. That initial list offered to him was a really great selection.

If you add the dreaming dark update, you've got a wide variety of quests, adventures and raids to play, with many different monsters. To the OP, this is a great list.

To someone who is level 6 and can only spend 1500 TP, maybe its not the best choice, but to the OP, Delera's is awesome.
    Gornn 3:16 says: Gornn just hugged yo' @$$!
    Ask Gornn! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=156209
    Ask Gornn! archives http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Categ..._Gornn_Archive
    "It's only elitist if you're not actually better than everyone else."

Community Member

Default NX Good point

carnifex
    iron manacles
    golden cartouch

serpent branch
    others?

I'd hit you w/ +1 but I have to spread some first.

@Gornn: I understand in this case you are probably more right then I. I have been seeing the " Buy delera's" suggestion a lot recently and in most of those cases it was suboptimal advice. Much like the Vale is the only pack you need to get to cap advice people give. While that is probably true it is bad advice.

@NXPlasmid Thanks for correcting my grammar /Thumbsup. I am sure other forum goers really appreciate the great service you have just provided. And if it was clear to me who you were talking about I wouldn't have asked, but whatever as long as you are not referring to me I really don't care.

@NXPlasmid Thanks for correcting my grammar /Thumbsup. I am sure other forum goers really appreciate the great service you have just provided. And if it was clear to me who you were talking about I wouldn't have asked, but whatever as long as you are not referring to me I really don't care.
    Excuse me? There is a direct line of quotes running from Gornn's original post, to Disavaowed's reply quoting Gornn, to my Quoting Disavowed in my post. If read the quotes there can be no confusion. And I wasn't correcting your grammer, although then and than are not interchangable, I was correcting the implict meaning, which was in my not so humble opinion, incorrect. Thanks for the Drama! /Thumbsup
    Last edited by NXPlasmid; 03-09-2010 at 06:08 PM.

@Gornn: I understand in this case you are probably more right then I. I have been seeing the " Buy delera's" suggestion a lot recently and in most of those cases it was suboptimal advice. Much like the Vale is the only pack you need to get to cap advice people give. While that is probably true it is bad advice.

Fair enough, Robi.
    Gornn 3:16 says: Gornn just hugged yo' @$$!
    Ask Gornn! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=156209
    Ask Gornn! archives http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Categ..._Gornn_Archive
    "It's only elitist if you're not actually better than everyone else."

Heck I just wanted to know what all the cool kids were doin with a load of points these days. Bein how my intention was not power leveling I may find a sub for Deleras but from what I looked at it does seem like a decent pack for me. To clear a point I am not a WoWie, just never seemed like the game for me. Thanks for all the advice.

Excuse me? There is a direct line of quotes running from Gornn's original post, to Disavaowed's reply quoting Gornn, to my Quoting Disavowed in my post. If read the quotes there can be no confusion. And I wasn't correcting your grammer, although then and than are not interchangable, I was correcting the implict meaning, which was in my not so humble opinion, incorrect. Thanks for the Drama! /Thumbsup
    I'm bring the drama? You are the one getting all butt hurt cause I asked for clarification of a post you made. In Gronn's quoted post, in the edit section, he brings up and counter argues a point that I made. Maybe now you can understand my confusion?

Then you go on to say that you know the meaning of a post I made better then me. I typed exactly what I meant. Whither or not you agree with me is another story, but whatever I am going to bed.

P.s. You may want to run that post through a spell checker it seems mighty silly to quip about thens and thans in a post with 4 spelling errors.
    Last edited by Robi3.0; 03-10-2010 at 01:33 AM.

I'm bring the drama? You are the one getting all butt hurt cause I asked for clarification of a post you made. In Gronn's quoted post, in the edit section, he brings up and counter argues a point that I made. Maybe now you can understand my confusion?

Then you go on to say that you know the meaning of a post I made better then me. I typed exactly what I meant. Whither or not you agree with me is another story, but whatever I am going to bed.

P.s. You may want to run that post through a spell checker it seems mighty silly to quip about thens and thans in a post with 4 spelling errors.
    Well, let's just say that spelling isn't my strong suit. So, "butt hurt" huh? I'm gonna write that one down so I don't forget it. Hows about we just chalk this conversation up to good ole misscommunication and call it a day. I think all the good information about adventure packs has been fully discussed. T

Well, let's just say that spelling isn't my strong suit. So, "butt hurt" huh? I'm gonna write that one down so I don't forget it. Hows about we just chalk this conversation up to good ole misscommunication and call it a day. I think all the good information about adventure packs has been fully discussed. T
    Sounds good to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12