Thread: the best duo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default the best duo

ok so a friend and i would like to make a character each that we can run together, we would like to be able to run as much as we can with no outside help
    so really hoping to get the basics covered going to need heals, rogue skills and good dps etc between the two of us
    we both have 32pt builds and all the classes/races etc unlocked, getting tomes are not a problem either
    can anyone reccomend some builds that will work well together as the perfect duo?
    thanks in advance

It totally depends on you play style.

Just off the top of my head I wold say War Forged wizard with a splash of rogue should be good enough at trap skills, add in another War Forged melee class or sorcerer and you should have a good duo.

Another idea, Tempest ranger with rogue splash + cleric. Clerics are one of the most powerful classes. I personally love my dragon marked halfling cleric. Add in a good dps/trapmonkey and you should be able to handle most quests.

Default great duo

i have been playing this game for a while & the best duo that i have seen is a wf barb or fighter with a wf wizard with 2 rogue levels

that duo is going have no problem with practically all non-raid content & the trap bonuses are nice

Quote Originally Posted by AfroDesiac View Post
    It totally depends on you play style.

Just off the top of my head I wold say War Forged wizard with a splash of rogue should be good enough at trap skills, add in another War Forged melee class or sorcerer and you should have a good duo.

Been playing some with a friend and we do well together. He's a dragonmarked halfling 1rog/2monk/15wiz and I'm 18 dwarf Barb. Granted he could solo most or all of what we do... just goes a bit faster with me there. If you make smart use of your Dragonmarks along with those free metamagic feats you get some decent healing and all other areas are covered.

Fun duo.
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    - Douglas Adams -

The girlfriend and I duo with her playing an 18 fvs/2 monk and me playing a 12 rogue/6 monk/2 pally build, which leaves us able to do pretty much anything that needs doing. We duo Von2 epic nightly with minimal consumable usage and ran pretty much all the way to 20 with just us two, outside of the occasional raid (of course). The only thing I wish that we had was some type of non-evasion magic damage, like firewall, but that's mostly to make it easier to duo epic OOB/epic Wiz King, rather than a necessity.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

A few ideas based on my duoing experiences:

- Warforged rogue 2 / wizard 18 (trapmonkey, arcane buffs, repair, offensive spells) + WF DPS Intimitank (e.g., fighter or barbarian) or WF FvS
    - rogue / ranger (trapmonkey & dual-wield DPS) + Intimitank battle cleric (cleric or FvS w/fighter or barb splash for Intimidate)
    - rogue / bard (trapmonkey, buffs, CC, some DPS, secondary heals) + DPS-focused divine caster (e.g., dual-wielding monk / FvS)

Really, though, it's about figuring out your play styles and coming up with builds which suit it.

a buddy and i just started a few new toons to try and duo all game content we went with a wf wiz/rogue and a drow bard/barbarian war-chanter. there are a few really good combos out there that work good together but you will have to see which combo fits your play style best and what you enjoy most.

Community Member

Rogue and Paladin duo very well together.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

The problem I discovered with a WF + fleshy duo is the WF heals best with Repair spells (arcane) not Cure spells (divine), but Repair spells are obviously useless to meatbags. So you either need to bring both Repair & Cure spells along (which means having a divine AND arcane caster), or you make do with sub-optimal WF healing thru Cure, or bring lots of Repair / Cure potions or wands, or...well, you get the idea. Whereas if your duo are both fleshies or WF, then you only need one set of healing for both characters.

tolana: how do you handle self-heals? Because IIRC a barb can't cast spells or use wands while Raged and a WF rogue / wizard doesn't have Heal spells (though I guess they can UMD wands). Which implies beaucoup potions instead.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    The problem I discovered with a WF + fleshy duo is the WF heals best with Repair spells (arcane) not Cure spells (divine), but Repair spells are obviously useless to meatbags. So you either need to bring both Repair & Cure spells along (which means having a divine AND arcane caster), or you make do with sub-optimal WF healing thru Cure, or bring lots of Repair / Cure potions or wands, or...well, you get the idea. Whereas if your duo are both fleshies or WF, then you only need one set of healing for both characters.

tolana: how do you handle self-heals? Because IIRC a barb can't cast spells or use wands while Raged and a WF rogue / wizard doesn't have Heal spells (though I guess they can UMD wands). Which implies beaucoup potions instead.
    i am playing a bard/barbarian, thinking i will go 18 bard and 2 barb end game plan with my partner going `18 wiz with 2 rogue. so i will be able to self heal and him with heal with spells and umd and he can heal himself with spells and heal me with wands and scrolls. we have based this party more on tactics with massive crowd control using kill zones and pulling whenever possible. don't forget a barb can allays dismiss their rage if the situation calls for it. i can usually get at least 2 rages to stack "spell and item" before i use the barb ability for the 3rd rage and lose spell casting ability. we went wf and fleshy because we were thinking higher spell dc's.

Default The best duo

Gary and Ace, hands down. Just as long as I can see their hand that is...

Officer of SABBAT
    Mheet Jylian Callisto Rakio Kristoff