Default DDO Cocktail Hour, Episode 3: Make a wish!

It's that time of the week! Time to sit back, relax, have a cocktail, and talk a little Dungeons and Dragons Online with Lessah and Samius! This week Lessah and Samius ask special guest Jerry Snook to make a wish....and then they crush it like so many broken dreams in the "Corrupt a Wish" edition of Cocktail Hour! Samuis also sets the record straight about the Heart of Wood! Thanks for listening!!! (&thanks Jupiterspinn for giving me the "18 is the new 5" line!)

HERE IS THE LINK to our site!

HERE IS THE LINK to our home on Cyberears!

00:30 Intro, What are you drinking?
    01:27 Salute to Canadian Gold!
    02:25 What are you wearing?
    03:47 Glaciation Septar Contest Winner!
    05:22 Risia Event! Is 18 the new 5??
    07:35 Corrupt a Wish Cocktail Hour Style with Guest: Jerry Snook.
    17:39 The Pirate King and the Three Cornered Hat!
    19:10 Ask the Devs DDO Cast Teaser
    20:26 Email!
    21:19 Schools of Magic (down and dirty)
    26:25 Big Brother Syndrome, My DDO
    32:25 To Craft or Not to Craft, The Rapier Dilemma!
    35:30 Untangling the Heart of Wood and level progression.
    40:30 Lamentations & Growling for Glenn
    41:50 Toast/ Outro

Email Us at:
    lessah@ddococktailhour.com
    samius@ddococktailhouir.com

Follow Us On Twitter:
    @SamiusGurobo
    @Lessah

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Lessah; 03-04-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: added links!

You guys kinda touched on it, but that 1 extra medal we got for showing you what the game Hockey is, also gave us the record for the most Gold medals one by a Nation at the Olympics, and we also got most Gold medals by a Host Nation. So it was more then just 1 medal. Just saying.

JERRY!!!! YOU ARE ONE EVIL EVIL TEASE!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    if you want a challange, grab 5 strangers, park them at the quest entrance and then solo the quest
    if you want even more challange, let those 5 help you

Default me too!

Quote Originally Posted by chubbs99 View Post
    You guys kinda touched on it, but that 1 extra medal we got for showing you what the game Hockey is, also gave us the record for the most Gold medals one by a Nation at the Olympics, and we also got most Gold medals by a Host Nation. So it was more then just 1 medal. Just saying.

JERRY!!!! YOU ARE ONE EVIL EVIL TEASE!!!!
    Yes.. I want that question answered as well!

Here is the other thing.... a NEW HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At last the three-cornered hat has been one-uped! (sorta)

Talking Sinister Plot

Once again all references to Clankenbeard have been removed from this show. I learned how to TWEET for God's sake just to send in my wish. And once again, my fabulous contribution wound up on the cutting room floor. You have to go look at www.DDoCocktailHour.com to even get a clue what my wish was. Even then, you're not sure!

Lessah is very selective in what she will keep in the show. She and Samius record about 63 hours of continuous dialogue for each show and then she carefully whittles it down to what you guys need to hear. They are actually recording next week's show right now, less than two days from the last one. And the mics will just run for four days. "That doesn't leave enough time to listen to all of the audio again and edit it!" you say? She uses magic elves and a random audio snippet selector application to make the show. Yeah. I know. I don't get how it all works out either.

I'm right there! I'm like four feet away from Lessah handing her drinks during her show. Then I have to go all slave labor and make cartoons for her so that she looks good. Then I get cut?!? Where's the Clanklove?

So, I am officially starting my own campaign which I call "Don't Yank the Clank....from the show." All of my follower please chime in on this thread expressing your repeated disdain for my repeated dismissal.

Ok. She did put a link to my "Pit and the Pendulum" poem on her site. But that was probably just to humilliate me or to highlight that I am overqualified to humilliate myself. Whatever. I'm not adding Cocktail Hour to my signature until I actually get to be on the show. DON'T YANK THE CLANK!
    Last edited by Clankenbeard; 03-05-2010 at 03:31 PM.

My own corruption of Lessah's wish:
    The raid is an army of 1000 CR:6 kobolds. And they all run at you at once. AND the boss is a Muckbane immune Gelatinous cube.

Quote Originally Posted by Clankenbeard View Post
    Once again all references to Clankenbeard have been removed from this show. I learned how to TWEET for God's sake just to send in my wish. And once again, my fabulous contribution wound up on the cutting room floor. You have to go look at www.DDoCocktailHour.com to even get a clue what my wish was. Even then, you're not sure!

Lessah is very selective in what she will keep in the show. She and Samius record about 63 hours of continuous dialogue for each show and then she carefully whittles it down to what you guys need to hear. They are actually recording next week's show right now, less than two days from the last one. And the mics will just run for four days. "That doesn't leave enough time to listen to all of the audio again and edit it!" you say? She uses magic elves and a random audio snippet selector application to make the show. Yeah. I know. I don't get how it all works out either.

I'm right there! I'm like four feet away from Lessah handing her drinks during her show. Then I have to go all slave labor and make cartoons for her so that she looks good. Then I get cut?!? Where's the Clanklove?

So, I am officially starting my own campaign which I call "Don't Yank the Clank....from the show." All of my follower please chime in on this thread expressing your repeated disdain for my repeated dismissal.

Ok. She did put a link to my "Pit and the Pendulum" poem on her site. But that was probably just to humilliate me or to highlight that I am overqualified to humilliate myself. Whatever. I'm not adding Cocktail Hour to my signature until I actually get to be on the show. DON'T YANK THE CLANK!
    Clank, my friend. I think we are building the community interest for you being on the show. Your fan is just getting warmed up. And sooner or later will chime in and say he/she will keep following the show but will cry when your not on.

In the mean time I think you need to change your slogan to YANK THE CLANK! If I could get a way with Yank the Sam you know I would try.

As for all your extra content, aren't we saving all that stuff for ddococktailhour.com bonus treats? I will check with the producer and see what she says, but if nothing else we will add it to the blooper reel.

Now about those drinks, I am low on sake, and as for the art work didn't we have some on your list? Why aren't you drawing. Less typing more pouring, and drawing.

Thanks
    <3