Community Member

Question Need opinions on a group build.

Hello all!

My friends and I are new to DDO and have a question about a good group build. The three of us always play together, and as of right now we have a monk, favored soul, and a rogue making up our group. This is has been working out for us for the most part, however, we do not know how hard the later quests will become. So, we were wondering what would be everyone’s opinion on what three would make up the most proficient group. We used to play WOW and played as a paladin, mage, and priest which would mean we only needed a tank (which was a pain in the backside) and some random DPS and we were set. Would we be better off playing as a Fighter, Cleric, and a DPS or does it not actually matter all that much?

As of right now we are just casual players, but I would not rule out end game content if that will help answer my question. =)

Community Member Dingdongtudelu's Avatar

If you really want just these 3 people to quest with, I'd advise you to ask your wizard groupmember to take a level in rogue and specialize in disable traps and search. Try to find questchains that grant items to boost those skills, so he can remove traps for you. A favoured soul would probably be a better choice than a cleric in these situations, as they generally have better melee capabilities, especially if it were a warforged too. When you have those two, all you need is some melee tanking/damage, really. A fighter or paladin would probably do fine. Perhaps have it be a paladin, and take 2 levels in rogue, for evasion. That way he or she could take the bulk of the damage for you.

That kind of group has a tank, someone to remove traps, buff and nuke, and someone who can heal and provide additional constant damage. It wouldn't be as nice or fun as a complete group, but if you really plan to only play with those, and if you'd like do be able to handle most quests, on varying difficulties, that's what i'd advise as group setup.

D.

What I would do:

• 18 wiz / 2 rogue : full wizard abilties, as well as trap skills
    • Favored Soul : healer, possible with some melee capabilities
    • Tank : either Fighter/Barbarian/Paladin
    Check out my: My Index of Builds / My Capped Characters on Khyber: Krythan II / Velkro Sorcerer / Krythen 13/6/1 Rogue
    Need Some XP? / AFK for a bit: School. / See WF Body Feat Appearances