Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast
    Community Member

Nevermind, I had a question but I found it out by myself.

The Elemental Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Lineage of Elements, Lineage of Energy, Lineage of Deadly Elements, and Lineage of Deadly Energy enhancements appear not to exist. Perhaps an update might be in order when you get around to it?

At the time when the build was created it did exist. Only recently the enhancements changed and so did every wizard and caster lines. As in recreating the build its not so cut and dry anymore. The last I saw, that was "in" is the force and cold line, But I've been away for a couple months and don't know the latest. You might want to go to the spell caster forums and ask for inquire and help.

Community Member

I'm not sure if it's %100 current list but this may help with spell list: http://ddowiki.com/page/Scrolls#Arca...e_from_vendors

Thumbs up

tihocan

Excellent work, would love to see the half elves and half orcs included in the builds when time permits.

Once again thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Here's a heavily melee-specced variant of your Warpriest of Siberis build.
    Looking at this build in 32 point version but it's missing 2 points where would they go?

Community Member

Default Warpriest of Siberius

I've built this one precisely according to spec. I am currently 15/1 and still rather enjoying the build. Regarding AC armor etc, however, at best with +5 plate and a +5 mithril shield (when I put away the Great Sworrd) the best AC I was able to hit was in the low 30's. From what I've read here and elsewhere, after lvl 13-14 or so (GH) that just doesn't cut it. So... is it better to put on some robes, drop AC down to a 14 or so, reconcile myself to being hit by just about everting, just to get benefits from robes (eg, Robes of the Magi for the SP, etc) ? If so, can someone recommend some creative ways in which to adorn oneself in a set of pajamas with this build ?

As an aside, I am considering deviating from the build and perhaps taking 1 lvl in rogue or monk, primarily for the evasion - bearing in mind I am 15/1 at the moment. Can some of you who are more experienced in builds than I address this possibility ?

Thanks and best regards,

Demagorgon
    Last edited by Demagorgon; 08-22-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Default Warpriest discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Demagorgon View Post
    [(1)] So... is it better to put on some robes, drop AC down to a 14 or so, reconcile myself to being hit by just about everting, just to get benefits from robes (eg, Robes of the Magi for the SP, etc)?

[(2)]If so, can someone recommend some creative ways in which to adorn oneself in a set of pajamas with this build ?

[(3)] [...about rogues and monks] Can some of you who are more experienced in builds than I address this possibility ?
    Hi, DemaGorgon.

(1 and 2) Yes, it is better to just use robes or an outfit, even though your AC will be terrible. Your AC (as a non-dexterous BattleCleric) will never be high enough to make much difference from about level 12 and on. The general recommendation is to use garmets (robes/outfits) because they weigh very little and can be swapped on and off extremely quickly. I'd suggest garmets that fill any holes you may have in your other equipment. Once again, generally, this will be Greater False Life items (for HP), or Invulnerability items (for some DR).

(3) You need two levels of rogue, or two levels of monk to gain evasion, AND, even if you have evasion, it won't matter at all unless you have a high reflex save. Evasion is a great feat, but this build will not have the high enough reflex save to make any good use of it.

The build page (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=75) has Tihocan's suggestions concerning this...in my opinion he is spot on.

Community Member

Have the rules around ranged weapons changed recently? I took a hiatus from the game and I just started up again rolling a master mechanic rogue and I see that the build in this thread was changed to support ranged combat instead of melee.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

I apologize to all those who had questions I didn't answer. I'm actually taking a break from the game atm. I added a note about it in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Malignanttoe View Post
    Have the rules around ranged weapons changed recently? I took a hiatus from the game and I just started up again rolling a master mechanic rogue and I see that the build in this thread was changed to support ranged combat instead of melee.
    A bit. Some things have happened.

Iirc, the reason why tihocan changed the mechanic build from melee to ranged was the release of the Mechanic II PrE, which allows to add your Int Mod to Crossbow attacks.

On top of this, u11 will change the mechanics of Point Blank shot to add more damage when in point blank range.

Typically, going TWF is still the best option for a Rogue, DPS-wise, but ranged is more useful than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    I apologize to all those who had questions I didn't answer. I'm actually taking a break from the game atm. I added a note about it in the first post.
    Enjoy your break. Your builds are still a great place to start. <3.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

I'm eager to see a build for Artificer from you, whenever you get around to it.
    Oh, and the Monk really needs at least 1 more Path.

Community Member

Default The Mighty Protector

Question about the mighty protector. It is recommended he wear mithral plate and a tower shield? If worried about acp you do realize tower shield has a -10 acp?

Community Member

Default The Truthbringer

If making a 32 pt human and planning on using a supreme tome +2 at level 7 should I build like this ?:

Str 14
    Dex 16
    Con 14
    Int 08
    Wis 08
    Cha 16

Or
    Str 14
    Dex 15
    Con 14
    Int 08
    Wis 10
    Cha 16
    Last edited by Falryn; 09-13-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Community Member

Default Excellent work

I can't tell you how much I rely on these builds whenever I first try out a class
    I couldn't help but notice, though, that the monk's only got 1 revised class out of 3, whereas others have more...
    Would it be troubling to bump up the Shintao Monk on your list?

Noticed no points put into bluff- I hear with recent changes that Bluff is SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful for rogues- any chance we can see an update? @ the Dark Blade rogue

Just divert skill points from a skill you won't miss into Bluff.
    The guy who likes to experience every class. Except Fighter >:[ I don't like you Fighter.
    Hey Devs! Let's give Warpriests and Eldritch Knights some loving, kay? :<

Default Virtuoso of the Sword

Is there a reccomended build for a half-elf Bard Virtuoso of the Sword?

I really, really love this forum by the way. Awesome job.

I understand that tihocan is taking a break and may not see this right away (or ever) but for those who do see it, I have a suggestion for the Human Necromancer build. Under the original build it says:

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Feats (by level), Human: Same, but take Mental Toughness at L1 and Improved Mental Toughness at L18.
    You can do a lot better than Improved Mental Toughness, which gives a miniscule bump to spell points. I think this should read:

Human: Same, but take Mental Toughness at L1, Spell Focus: Enchantment at L18, and Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment at L20.
    The improvement to Enchantment DC's will be far more useful than a spell point boost that isn't even half enough to cast a level 9 spell.

Also, with GSF: Enchantment, you can change to a decent Archmage build just by changing enhancements if you want to. The flexibility is nice.

If you do see this tihocan, I want to say "Thanks!" This thread was hugely helpful to me when I was starting out.
    Last edited by downeast; 12-17-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Community Member

Hi Tihocan.

Firstly thanks for the guides. Just inputting skills/feats/enhancements myself helped me to learn the game much better than just following the standard paths.

Like a lot of people I created your Tempest to start off with and I think the splashes added a lot of dimension and self sufficiency to the character.

I don't know if it's been already noted (I've not read all 40 odd pages of posts), but on the Mighty Protector build you have 'Improved Critical' at level 8, but it appears that as you have a splash of rogue so BAB is only 7.75 and not sufficient to select it.

Would it work to move the warrior to lvl 9?

Thanks,

Skulk

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast