Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlyj View Post
    So in theory, can I multiclass into Rogue and gain the open lock and disable device skills, as well as a better stealth ability--even though I started as ranger and not as a rogue?
    No, the default Tempest path starts with 8 Int, so that's only 5 skill points / level on Ranger levels. You won't be able to catch up on Rogue skills nor maintain them high enough.
    If you really want Rogue skills without starting again from scratch, then it may be better for you to buy Veteran status and reroll. On another, hand, reaching L3 only takes a few hours once you are familiar with the early quests.

Storm of Kargon (L20 Barbarian)

Concept: DPS Two Weapons Fighting(Dual Wield)
    Original path's flaws: no Frenzied Berzerker,Drow and Elf 18 dex,Halfling too low str
    Main fixes: Removed OTWF and added Cleave at lvl 3 for Frenzied,lowered Drow and Elf dex by 1,and add to Con,Halfling dex reduced by 1,wis by 2 added to str
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Good, Neutral, Neutral Good.

Stats and Race (28/32 pt):
    ........Drow....Dwarf.....Elf.....Halfling...Human...Warforged
    .Str.....16........16........16........16........1 6........16....
    .Dex.....17......16......17......16/17.....16.....16...
    .Con.....14......16.....14/16.......14......14/16.....16...
    .Int.....10........8.........8.........8.........8 .........8.....
    .Wis.....8......10/14.....8....8/10.....10/12.....8/12...
    .Cha.....10........6.........8.........8.........8 .........6.....

Ability increase every 4 levels: All in Str for Drow,Elf and Halfling 32.
    rest first stat at Dex, the rest Str

Skills, except Human and Drow: Max out Balance and Intimidate. Spend one rank into Tumble, rest into Jump.
    Skills, Human and Drow: Same, but max out Listen as well.

Feats (by level), except Human: TWF(1), Power Attack(3), ITWF (6), Improved Critical: (Slash,Pierce) (9), Cleave(12), GTWF (15), Stunning Blow (18)
    Feats (by level), Human: Same, but add Khopesh at L1
    For more information about picking enhancements please read this post.
    Enhancements (Barbarian): Constitution I, Damage Boost IV, Extend Rage III, Extra Rage I, Frenzied Berzerker III, Hardy Rage II, Improved Damage Reduction I, Might (capstone), Power Attack III, Power Rage III, Sprint Boost I, Toughness II (if Human)
    Enhancements (Drow): Enchantment Resistance I
    Enhancements (Dwarf): Axe Attack I, Axe Damage I, Constitution I, Spell Defense I, Tactics I
    Enhancements (Elf): Enchantment Resistance I, Valenar Elf Melee Attack I, Valenar Elf Melee Damage I
    Enhancements (Halfling): Cunning I, Guile I, Hero's Companion III, Luck (Will) I
    Enhancements (Human): Adaptability Strength I, Improved Recovery II, Racial Toughness II
    Enhancements (Warforged): Constitution I, Healer's Friend II, Tactics I

Soloability by level:
    No hireling..: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    With hireling: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Tips:
    - On a Dwarf, use Dwarven Axes. On an Elf, use Scmitars,Human Khopeshs, Drow Rapiers,Halflings and Warforgeds Scmitars or Rapiers,Heavy Pick for use against stunned mobs.
    -Have at least 6 AP at lvl 12 so you can get Frenzied I,II in a row,start saving AP half way to 11.
    -same tips from Savage of the Wild

Variants:
    -Drop Khopesh add Toughness for humans(use Scimtars or Rapiers).
    -the races that start with 16 dex have the option to put all stats points on Str if you use a +1 dex tome before lvl 6 but its quite hard for new player to get it or buy it from AH(they cost 15k-40k plat here in Sarlona)

Splashs:
    2 levels of Rogue(18 Barb/2 Rog)
    gives evasion(use Light Armors) and 1d6+3 SA dmg and 15% haste boost.
    you lose 4 str(2 from Might rage and 2 from capstone)

2 levels of Fighter (18 Barb/2 Fig)
    2 extra combat feats (recommend *Toughness and OTWF) 15%Haste Boost +1 DC Sunder,Trip,Stunning Blow
    you lose 3(if you take Fighter Str I) str
    *you cant take Toughness as a extra Fighter Feat so you get it as a standard Feat at lvl 18 then get Stunning Blow as Fighter bonus

Color code: best to worst = green,yellow, orange, red
    Last edited by Comegetsome; 06-09-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Community Member

I really want to try out the arcane archer build but Warforged is red. I know it probably won't be as good as picking an elf, but am I gimped by picking Warforged or just set back?

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyburrito View Post
    I really want to try out the arcane archer build but Warforged is red. I know it probably won't be as good as picking an elf, but am I gimped by picking Warforged or just set back?
    I'm trying to make sure all builds can work with all races. So "Red" doesn't mean it's a lost cause, just that I wouldn't recommend doing it.
    In this specific case, it's just that being WF doesn't really give you anything useful (besides a bit more Con), while other races provide more advantages.

Community Member

This is a good idea, I thought about it, but it'll take a significant amount of time to do it for each race, so I postponed it for "after I'm done will all paths"
    What are you using now in your planning? Wouldn't it make sense to do it for the new builds going forward ?

Quote Originally Posted by Comegetsome View Post
    Storm of Kargon (L20 Barbarian)

Ability increase every 4 levels: All in Str for Drow,Elf and Halfling 32.
    rest first stat at Dex, the rest Str
    Just a note for new players that if you can afford a +1 or +2 dex tome you can add all levelups into STR, and it's not that hard to get a +1 tome in this game, especially if it's your second character on that server.
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    What are you using now in your planning? Wouldn't it make sense to do it for the new builds going forward ?
    I'm just writing it down, it's much faster (though I make some mistakes every now and then, like when I don't pay attention to the cost of enhancements ).

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Irinis View Post
    Just a note for new players that if you can afford a +1 or +2 dex tome you can add all levelups into STR, and it's not that hard to get a +1 tome in this game, especially if it's your second character on that server.
    Note that this isn't my build, btw. I asked the poster to remove it to avoid any confusion. I'd rather not have duplicated builds in this thread, although I will be happy to link to other people's builds if they show me some that are different and would be good for new players as well.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    No, the default Tempest path starts with 8 Int, so that's only 5 skill points / level on Ranger levels. You won't be able to catch up on Rogue skills nor maintain them high enough.
    If you really want Rogue skills without starting again from scratch, then it may be better for you to buy Veteran status and reroll. On another, hand, reaching L3 only takes a few hours once you are familiar with the early quests.

Ah, I think I get it now--I'd always be playing catch up and never really able to achieve the goal I set out for to begin with. I'm not sure what I'm going to end up doing, I guess for now I'll just concentrate on leveling as a Ranger. Thanks for all the info!

Community Member

Default Question about the Truthbringer build

I'm plugging the Truthbringer (Paladin 20) build into the DDO Char Planner and I've run into a problem. It seems that the Paladin Charisma enhancement does not count towards meeting the charisma requirement for Paladin Divine Might. For example, I started my paladin with a 14 Charisma, then later added Paladin Charisma I, then later used an Ability Increase to add 1 more point to Charisma which should have brought my Charisma score to 16 but when I try to take the Divine Might II enhancement, it says Requires: Ability: Charisma 16. (All other requirements are met).

So it seems that the Paladin Charisma enhancement does not count as "base" charisma. Is the DDO Char Planner wrong? If the char planner is right and the Paladin Charisma enhancement doesn't count as "base" charisma then the build needs to be adjusted.

If the char planner is wrong, then this point is moot.

Anyone know?

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    I'm plugging the Truthbringer (Paladin 20) build into the DDO Char Planner and I've run into a problem. It seems that the Paladin Charisma enhancement does not count towards meeting the charisma requirement for Paladin Divine Might. For example, I started my paladin with a 14 Charisma, then later added Paladin Charisma I, then later used an Ability Increase to add 1 more point to Charisma which should have brought my Charisma score to 16 but when I try to take the Divine Might II enhancement, it says Requires: Ability: Charisma 16. (All other requirements are met).

So it seems that the Paladin Charisma enhancement does not count as "base" charisma. Is the DDO Char Planner wrong? If the char planner is right and the Paladin Charisma enhancement doesn't count as "base" charisma then the build needs to be adjusted.

If the char planner is wrong, then this point is moot.

Anyone know?
    The char planner is correct. This is why, in the build, I put "Divine Might IV (or highest tier you can get)". The "highest tier you can get" depends mostly on what kind of tomes you can get your hands on. I took note that I should add something to explain it better, thanks!

thx for the info.

in other topic...i read all the builds and ive realized that elfs arent recomended in any build, except barb ones
    i mean.. come on i dont like to see lil elves as barbs...
    are elfs so nerfed in this game.
    i usually see elves in all games like casters and mages, but it seems that here WF is the god of casting
    very dissapointing as is not exciting to see a big robot spamming spells better than an elf -.-
    New Dungeons & Dragons player.
    Everything is Causality, not Casualty..

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by lorkar View Post
    thx for the info.

in other topic...i read all the builds and ive realized that elfs arent recomended in any build, except barb ones
    i mean.. come on i dont like to see lil elves as barbs...
    are elfs so nerfed in this game.
    i usually see elves in all games like casters and mages, but it seems that here WF is the god of casting
    very dissapointing as is not exciting to see a big robot spamming spells better than an elf -.-
    Elf is the best only for Arcane Archer, if I'm not mistaken.
    It's true that if your goal is to optimize your build, then Elf is rarely the optimal choice.
    On another hand, all builds should still work fine as an Elf, if that's what you want to play.

Note that this isn't my build, btw. I asked the poster to remove it to avoid any confusion. I'd rather not have duplicated builds in this thread, although I will be happy to link to other people's builds if they show me some that are different and would be good for new players as well.
    changed some things will be different now.

Community Member

Another question regarding the Truthbringer build. With Int 8, you only get 2 skill points per level and UMD is a cross-class skill. At level 20, your UMD will only be base 11. So my question is this: is it really worth it?

How useful is a UMD skill of 11 at level 20? Won't your UMD skill be perpetually inadequate throughout your entire adventuring career? Or is it really just a matter of not having any better options to spend points on?

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Comegetsome View Post
    changed some things will be different now.
    Could you please either remove it from this thread, or at least avoid using my build template? Again, I'm worried of people being confused when they see two builds for the same path that look the same.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    Another question regarding the Truthbringer build. With Int 8, you only get 2 skill points per level and UMD is a cross-class skill. At level 20, your UMD will only be base 11. So my question is this: is it really worth it?

How useful is a UMD skill of 11 at level 20? Won't your UMD skill be perpetually inadequate throughout your entire adventuring career? Or is it really just a matter of not having any better options to spend points on?
    At L20 you could reasonably have something like:
    11 (base) +
    7 (24 Cha = 14 (base) + 6 (item) + 2 (tome) + 2 (Paladin enhancement / exceptional bonuses)) +
    4 (GH) +
    2 (Head of Good Fortune) +
    3 (Golden Cartouche) +
    6 (exceptional bonus to Cha skills)
    --

i.e. 2/3 success on Heal / Reconstruct scrolls, which isn't too bad (plus ability to use teleport scrolls to save travel time in town, and Raise Dead scrolls as well). This is not the max either, you could get it a bit higher (higher Cha, better +UMD item, Human Versatility...)
    So yes, it can be useful if you invest a bit in it. And it's true there aren't many other skills worth investing into.

Great thread, here. I'm a complete newb to these D&D rules, so appreciate the advice. Looking through, I saw the Warpriest of Siberys, which seemed right up my alley.

I rolled a human cleric and when I was fiddling around with enhancements I saw one of your recommended, Orien Balance I, has a prereq of Least Dragonmark of Passage. Poking around a bit, I came to the conclusion that was a rather meh feat and probably not worth it. Any bits of advice on should / should not take and what sort of substitute might make sense?

Thanks for your help and for the thread.

Could you please either remove it from this thread, or at least avoid using my build template? Again, I'm worried of people being confused when they see two builds for the same path that look the same.
    Since its not linked on the first page, it will get buried as soon as we can get the thread to another page. I am telling you this in a post to make that happen faster.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    Since its not linked on the first page, it will get buried as soon as we can get the thread to another page. I am telling you this in a post to make that happen faster.
    how many posts do you think it would take to have that happen?

Now if I had to say post my own build of a midget monkey low dex, low str, low con and low wis, max int and cha and call it the Humdinger?

But I post it one post at a time for each line....would it make it go faster?
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast