Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Scavenger Hunt Map

This is a Map of the Scavenger hunt with enough egg locations for you to plan a route to achieve the "Ultimate Aura of the Traveler" for maximum win/awesome.

The map is now complete enough that I'm only going to be adding new eggs if you know of additional GOLD EGG locations.

The Map:

------
    This is a route submitted by Eridanos which requires no buffs at all:

The following notes accompany this route:
    at the big red A, there is a silver egg on the roof, and then another one halfway down the building on the North side (right side as you are running towards the roof silver) in an alcove. If you edge yourself off the roof just above it, you can get that second silver without having to climb back up the ladder there. There are three bronzes hiding in the alcove and bushes just below that, but they can be skipped. At the big red B, you have to jump up onto the slope right at the corner of the building, you'll get stuck, but can jump again and keep going. The last Gold egg near the B there is on a little spire just past the round roof buildings.

------
    Here is a route that I have been using based off of dwelsh99's route. It requires no speed boosts to complete with room for a few mistakes. You will still need a jump buff (I had at least rank 30 on all attempts at this route):

------
    dwelsh99 was first to post a suggested path for getting the ultimate aura, which can be found here:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=231865
    I have overlayed his path on my map:

He has also posted a youtube video showing him running the route:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CjuNwyxXNg
    ------
    Last edited by Crysto; 02-23-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Thank you for sharing this!

Very nice! Thanks. +1

Would love to know what that font is that you use for the title and key.

Quote Originally Posted by Romak View Post
    Very nice! Thanks. +1

Would love to know what that font is that you use for the title and key.
    Metal Macabre
    http://www.dafont.com/metal-macabre.font

Excellent, thank you!
    [I'm a collector of fonts...]

The one circled in red is one I think is bronze rather than gold, but I may be thinking of another egg in about the same area.

Also there is a gold egg on a roof under the bridge where I circled in green.

Default Nice Work

Nice work with the map. You are far better at graphics design than I

Though I fear that this is one time event. Be nice to use this great info again.

Quote Originally Posted by lanthan View Post

The one circled in red is one I think is bronze rather than gold, but I may be thinking of another egg in about the same area.

Also there is a gold egg on a roof under the bridge where I circled in green.
    Thank you for that. The gold egg on that map is on the edge of a roof. From the edge, you can see the fountain in front of the bank which has a silver egg on it.

I found a route that doesn't require a speed boost to be done easily (though it does still need a jump boost). I found a new gold egg, it might be the one that you added to the map there, I'll have to watch the video.

edit:
    Heh yea, the gold egg you circle is the new one i found.

Community Member

Here's the path I've been using, only requires collecting around 28 eggs, and I usually have 1:30 left on the timer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmflaxl0vrM

Quote Originally Posted by Cedwin View Post
    Here's the path I've been using, only requires collecting around 28 eggs, and I usually have 1:30 left on the timer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmflaxl0vrM
    That's an ok path but if you want to hit the full 43 to get the ultimate aura try this video on for size

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWfW_4wDgig

Just for reference the level to amount of eggs colected is:

II @ 15
    III @ 23
    IV @ 33
    V @ 43

Happy hunting
    Olympian - 18 Rogue : Phelnor - 18 Bard WC : Owatanas - 15 Barb/ 2 Ftr
    Shrewmage - 18 Sorc :Belzabeth -14 Barb/ 4 Rgr : Philaro - 19 Cleric/1 Sorc

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShrewMage View Post
    That's an ok path but if you want to hit the full 43 to get the ultimate aura try this video on for size

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWfW_4wDgig

Just for reference the level to amount of eggs colected is:

II @ 15
    III @ 23
    IV @ 33
    V @ 43

Happy hunting
    My path does give you the ultimate aura, take a look at the video. You do not need 43 eggs, not sure where that rumor came from. My path gets you to ultimate aura in 1:30 minutes, with only around 28 eggs collected... easy peasy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShrewMage View Post
    II @ 15
    III @ 23
    IV @ 33
    V @ 43

Happy hunting

So, it's
    bronze=1
    silver=2
    gold=3

is that right?

execellent work...

One suggestion, when plotting things like routes on a map with a basically dark scheme (like the background on this map is), then using a light color for the path helps it stand out more. Not only on the onscreen version, but when someone prints it out. In the printed version the dark blue on brown scheme gets hard to see.

I see this sort of thing all the time with online maps (real world) that use color combos that look good on a monitor but fail to be as clear as they should be when printed out. For example Bright yellow highlights for a route on a traffic map, that is mostly light shades, becomes impossible to read when printed, since yellow on white paper is almost invisible.

Thanks for documenting how to succeed....
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nick5000 View Post
    So, it's
    bronze=1
    silver=2
    gold=3

is that right?
    That's what I was thinking.

I know you can't get to ultimate by collecting only 8 gold eggs, you still have to get quite a few silver afterwards.

Community Member

Hey all, I already posted this on Crysto's thread in the Free Player forums, but I figure I might as well put it here also.
    I've found a way to get Ultimate Aura with no buffs whatsoever, lowest jump skill I have tested is -5 (full plate and heavy shield on), and I can still get Ultimate Aura with about ten seconds to spare. Here's the map (apologies to Crysto for my poor imitation):

I've updated the map to take into account Looniper's comment below, note that only one of the two silvers at the end of the run is taken, the other is elsewhere, though it looks like you take it. (See the screenshot in my second post below)

A couple notes: at the big red A, there is a silver egg on the roof, and then another one halfway down the building on the North side (right side as you are running towards the roof silver) in an alcove. If you edge yourself off the roof just above it, you can get that second silver without having to climb back up the ladder there. There are three bronzes hiding in the alcove and bushes just below that, but they can be skipped. At the big red B, you have to jump up onto the slope right at the corner of the building, you'll get stuck, but can jump again and keep going. The last Gold egg near the B there is on a little spire just past the round roof building.

So there you go. Not the quickest run, but perfect for lowbies and mules and suchlike. It is possible to skip a fair number of the bronzes I have marked on here, but I haven't figured out precisely how many you can skip and still get the Ultimate Aura. I go around the back of the bank to get to the silver above the tavern - it may be quicker to go in front of the bank, but I couldn't make the jump at -5 Jump skill.
    Last edited by Eridanos; 02-21-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Looniper's comment on the last silver egg.

Community Member

er.. sorry Eridanos but a -5 jump with no buffs can't make the jump you indicate here..

I don't think a +5 can without buffs.

Ah scratch that, I see you're not jumping for the silver on the little ledge, but going around to the one on the rooftop.
    With about 10 jump (or any of the buffs) you can get both.
    Last edited by Looniper; 02-21-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Community Member

Looniper: that's not a jump, that's just running on the roof and snagging the silver, I might be getting a different silver than the one on the map, however, now that I look at the map more closely. Just checked again, and you are 100% correct. I'm actually getting this silver at that point:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t.../SilverEgg.jpg (Link because my screenie is huge).

For good measure, the final gold egg of my run, in case people were missing it:
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...nalGoldEgg.jpg

Edit: you ninja-edited me, heh. Hopefully this should be cleared up for anyone else now.
    Last edited by Eridanos; 02-21-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

So, after running a path that was netting me ultimate egg aura with about 30 sec to spare(slow clerics, what can I say) I decided to get on my 20 ranger/barb/fighter and see if just getting the 8 gold eggs and enough silver eggs to get ultimate would give you a better chance at a better ultimate turn in(I really needed a +3 lesser heart)...not for her, but for another character or 3...I was able to get all 8 gold eggs and enough silvers to do it with about 10 seconds to spare...and only got another greater siberys cake, so no such luck...only did it once, so maybe it does but not going to waste my time on that run anymore...just going back to tried and true run, lol.

Saal

This is for anyone that was wondering if you could get all 8 gold eggs and get to ultimate aura within the time limit(as some of them are a pain to get to)
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Last edited by Homestarfan; 02-21-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    (Sung to the tune of "I've got a Jar of Dirt")
    I've got an ornamental sword! I've got an ornamental sword! I've got an ornamental sword!
    And you can't have it!
    ...Well maybe if you bring me some healing potions, a dagger and a scroll...

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

Lol, I tried making the route my guildies showed me (you're missing a few copper/silver coins, but whatever), and it's all jumbled chaos.

That's the good thing about this event though, there's no one right way to get it.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast