Default DDOcast Episode 155 (2-14-10)

Hi everyone! Episode 155 of DDOcast is now ready to go. Here's a LINK to the episode - just left-click to play, right-click and 'save as' to download as an mp3.

This week's show features a chat with Sanadil about the newest version of the DDO Interactive Game Guide. Babale brings a brand new segment to the show as well called "Surviving DDO" and Lessah has all sorts of good stuff with "Know Your Role."

###

DDOcast Episode 155 (2-14-10)

:14 Intro
    1:52 Patch 1 on Lammania6:10 Mournlands Call for Applicants
    11:05 IGN Update 3 Preview13:20 DDO-Europe Update
    14:50 New Quest?15:30 Menechtarun Epic loot
    16:00 Epic Tokens16:35 Valentine's Day Screenshot Contest
    17:50 Community Spotlight/Community Chronicle18:55 Surviving DDO by Babale
    32:24 Know Your Role40:23 Sanadil chat - DDO Interactive Game Guide v3.0
    58:19 Tips1:00:00 Emails
    1:11:30 How to Record a Segment pdf

END

TOTAL TIME: 1:13:38

###

LINK to the Update 3, Patch 1 on Lammania Release Notes.

LINK to more info on how to apply for Mournlands access.

LINK to the IGN preview of Update 3.

LINK to DDOReports' writeup of new quests coming to DDO (maybe).

LINK to info about the DDO Valentine's Day Screenshot Contest.

LINK to Lessah's Risia Ice Games instructional video.

LINK to the 3rd installment of the Eberron Chronicle.

LINK for more info about the DDO Interactive Game Guide.

LINK to Nim's writeup for Eternal Wands.

LINK to the iTunes spot for the Critical Hits podcast.

LINK to DDO's UI skins.

LINK to my writeup on how to record a segment for DDOcast.

Jerry
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

2. 02-14-2010, 03:52 PM

Firefox users:

I just updated Foxytunes, and guess what?

Update your Foxytunes add-on (or get it if you don't have it) and listen to the show from this page without a download or much buffering. It plays almost instantly, right from this page.

Niiiiiiice!

You know what.... I didn't even consider that you may want the traffic on your site. If you'd like I can delete that Mockduck. Let me know if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    You know what.... I didn't even consider that you may want the traffic on your site. If you'd like I can delete that Mockduck. Let me know if that's the case.
    Either way it's fine, I don't make any money off of hits or anything, and every time the show is played the counter goes up, so it's largely irrelevant where and how you listen. You shouldn't need Foxytunes to play the show straight from the link, most people's browsers will have some kind of referenced audio player. But Foxytunes is pretty nice and gives you a nice set of controls.
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    Either way it's fine, I don't make any money off of hits or anything, and every time the show is played the counter goes up, so it's largely irrelevant where and how you listen.
    OK, good. After I thought about it a bit I felt bad, so I'm glad to hear it.

As for playing straight from the browser, it never would before. I always had to follow your link to the site to listen.
    Last edited by Calebro; 02-14-2010 at 05:52 PM.

What last weeks episode was nothing but a 2.5 hour long hate rant? I can think of roughly 6 min of last weeks show that had nothing to do with ranting about the state of the game(shameless self plug). That rollinghill on the other hand really needs to say something nice every once in a while(inside joke).

Great show this week Jerry. The new quests that were "leaked" sound cool.
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Default bump

Default there you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Robi3.0 View Post
    What last weeks episode was nothing but a 2.5 hour long hate rant? I can think of roughly 6 min of last weeks show that had nothing to do with ranting about the state of the game(shameless self plug). That rollinghill on the other hand really needs to say something nice every once in a while(inside joke).

Great show this week Jerry. The new quests that were "leaked" sound cool.
    Where was your show this week Row-bee? I was missing ya!

Loved the cast man!!!! I hope you do the rant round table again, as I loved it!!!!!! Ignore all the haters man!!! Don't change a thing and keep up the good work!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lessah View Post
    Where was your show this week Row-bee? I was missing ya!
    No segment this week. I think I am going to shoot for every other week, maybe.

I was commentating on the listener that didn't like episode 154 aka rant-fest
    there's one thing you never put in a trap if you're smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans on seeing tomorrow then there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap.

Mmmm... podcastityness.

Hey Mockduck, you know what's coming in DDOU Update 4 or 5? Srsly? All that? Yeah... we don't know either. Other than 4 is in QA and 5 is in development.

So here's the plan...

Tell Tolero you want another ask the devs to complement them on the day/night lighting and to talk about ski jumping games and other such stuff she'll think "Hey, I can talk about that."

Then, once she's on the other end of the podcast, break out the Mom's Guilt-trip Handbook and put down the squeeze until she spills forth all beans and possibly details about upcoming Updates.

Then, if she fails to mention Half-Orcs... explain to her how each day without half orcs in DDO, a puppy/otter/whale/kitten/nun dies.... somewhere.

K... thanxs.
    Casual DDOaholic

Default true dat!

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Mmmm... podcastityness.

Then, if she fails to mention Half-Orcs... explain to her how each day without half orcs in DDO, a puppy/otter/whale/kitten/nun dies.... somewhere.

K... thanxs.
    true dat.... half-orcs... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mmmm... podcastityness.

Hey Mockduck, you know what's coming in DDOU Update 4 or 5? Srsly? All that? Yeah... we don't know either. Other than 4 is in QA and 5 is in development.

So here's the plan...

Tell Tolero you want another ask the devs to complement them on the day/night lighting and to talk about ski jumping games and other such stuff she'll think "Hey, I can talk about that."

Then, once she's on the other end of the podcast, break out the Mom's Guilt-trip Handbook and put down the squeeze until she spills forth all beans and possibly details about upcoming Updates.

K... thanxs.
    Hah! I'm sure that would go over great...it's be like improper military-style interrogations, where the person in the spotlight starts making up answers to get out of there:

"Tolero, will Update 4 have Gnomes?"

"Uh, sure!"

"How about half-orcs"

"Yes, but only half of them."

Besides, I make half-orcs all the time! All you need to do is go into the Cerulean Hills with a vorpal blade....

You'll have to take kittens off your list. Sorry. Tarrant already has that covered. See the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessah View Post
    true dat.... half-orcs... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I want Half-elves, because I want to finally be able to roll up a character without a con penalty that does look like they hit every branch down while falling out of the ugly tree

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    Hah! I'm sure that would go over great...it's be like improper military-style interrogations, where the person in the spotlight starts making up answers to get out of there:

"Tolero, will Update 4 have Gnomes?"

"Uh, sure!"

"How about half-orcs"

"Yes, but only half of them."

Besides, I make half-orcs all the time! All you need to do is go into the Cerulean Hills with a vorpal blade....
    Actually, that would be more like a 90/10 Orc...
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices