Community Member

Default my lesser experience

is lesser reincarnation only useful if one knows what level they first took?

i just ran my 18 ranger 2 fighter through the excercise thinking i took fighter at level 1, and was hoping to achieve an 18 ranger 1 fighter 1 rogue.

alas, i did not take my fighter level at 1, and so am now left with a 17 ranger, 2 fighter, 1 rogue (hurray).

at best i can see myself spending another 1000+ points to simply get things back to the way they were in a weeks time.

I had somewhat the same problem : I was a bard 8/Rogue 3 and wanted to become a Bard 8/Rogue 2/Fighter 1. Even with having to begin once more as a Bard (I could change to Rogue but then I would not have been able to take a Fighter level), I ended up a Bard 7/Rogue 4.

And that only because the pseudo-RP dialogue you have to level up is clear as sh*t (excuse my French) and the only time I was able too choose what class I wanted to lvl up in was at lvl 2 when talking to the NPC level trainer. (That's where I chose Rogue because I think that's what I did at creation).

And after that , I didn't have any kind of choice on what would be my class for the next level

What I also regret is to have to stay with my 28 point build, even if I have now access to 32 points. Plus I had to change my appearance, as it gets randomized at reincarnation

In the end, I won't say I regret the experience because I had a crappy build to start with and now it became viable, but I feel cheated to have had to pay about 1200 Turbine Points for an Item on which I had such little control

Thinking about starting a new life ? Take a look at my tutorial in the Reincarnation guide!

Community Member

Wow - I have to agree that the Lesser Reincarnate is difficult to use at best. I've got a toon that I changed directions with mid-way through leveling her up. I could have rerolled, but I really don't enjoy the leveling process enough to do that.

I tried the lesser reincarnate last night. I sure wish we could get a listing of what class was taken at what level overview before starting, or at least stating during the leveling process that the level you are working on is X.

Come on Turbine - do some usability testing first.

Anyways - here's to hoping that they get the Lesser +3 reincarnate into the store. I've got another toon that is going to be needing that!

-DC
    «Castielle» (Sorc) ??* Embyrr (Sorc) ??* «Serreniti» (Wiz) ??* Knuttz (Sorc) ??* Castiel (Wiz) ??* Sakarra (Bard) ??* Sakara (Bard) ??* Callistto (Bard)
    ??* Chaaos (FvS) ??* Serrenity (Cleric) ??* Vorpel (Batman) ??* Sylverr (Exploiter) ??* Phoenyx (Exploiter) ??* Phoenyxx (Pal) ??* Trainquill (Monk)

What I never understood is, why there at the end of LR/GR is no a "yes, keep", or "sorry, clicked something wrong, can we do this again?" Option. Taking you back to lvl 1 with the levelsetup before starting. Would make a lot more sense Human-Computer-Interface wise.. (altough I'd love to be able to customize a character when reincarnating like using DDOCharGen Planner being able to get forth and back levels... but I understand its too much to code, but a simple "reset" button during incarnation sure isn't difficult to code)
    Last edited by Anderei; 02-04-2010 at 06:05 PM.

I just found some interesting info while browsing on the MyDDO pages.

If you go to http://my.ddo.com/character/YOURSERVER/YOURCHARACTER/log/ you'll see a log of everything your character has ever done.

If you filter it by class, you'll then see all the levels you took (from 2 to wherever you are - your very first leve is not on it) and in the right order...

It could help if you want to do a +X Lesser Reincarnation, by choosing precisely which level you want to swap

Did I deserve rep ?

Thinking about starting a new life ? Take a look at my tutorial in the Reincarnation guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Cratecrusher View Post

If you filter it by class, you'll then see all the levels you took (from 2 to wherever you are - your very first leve is not on it) and in the right order...
    this only works for toons rolled after sept 09( mod 9) for all of the veteran players whose toons are years old this wont work.

Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Video Archive of Quests

**** !

Sorry

(Still, it's helpful for us 'youngsters' )

I had exactly the same issues as you all above me. Started as a 19Rog/1Ftr, wanted to end up as a 18Rog/2Ftf....ended as a 20Rog

Not only did I lose my 1 level of Fighter when I wanted to add a second Fighter Level, but I can't even fix it to 2 Levels of Fighter without buying 2 x Lesser Heart +1.

While I'm very glad they are working to get these much needed respec options into the game, I'm just not a very happy customer at the moment. Totally changed my build from what I had to something I didn't even want.

Community Member GunboatDiplomat's Avatar

I had exactly the same problems. Tried to change from 12 ftr/4rog/4pal to 12ftr/3rog/5pal and ended up 11ftr/4rog/5pal.

11 Fighter??? Grrrrrrr. I can't even get into pugs with anyone who doesn't know me anymore as they think 11 ftr?? Noob.

I'm pretty annoyed this mistake will cost me 10 bucks to reverse and theres no way I'll be buying any further reincarnations on other toons until they put a 'Do you want to accept this?' button at the end of the process.

More info about that problem on this thread : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=230085

(not really helpful in itself, but it explains better how we got cheated )

Community Member

Thumbs up Nice!!

Thanks. Would have been more helpful about 30 minutes ago but thanks for digging up the link to character page on the server. Will help me correct my error with a minumum of fuss...next week.

Appreciate the post

Quote Originally Posted by Cratecrusher View Post
    I just found some interesting info while browsing on the MyDDO pages.

If you go to http://my.ddo.com/character/YOURSERVER/YOURCHARACTER/log/ you'll see a log of everything your character has ever done.

It could help if you want to do a +X Lesser Reincarnation, by choosing precisely which level you want to swap

Did I deserve rep ?