Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Hey, I just wanted to ask how long it generally takes to receive the "welcome message" after agreeing to abide to the guild's rules and guidlines? It's been 8 days now, and still no reply.

I did see that my future forum account (Kayn) has already been created on the GM forums, sent a PM to Maelphistez on this side here and even talked to two of your guildmembers ingame but as of now I'm still unclear if the process generaly takes that long or what else could have happened to my application >_>

Well, I do know it takes a couple of days, everyone is playing this game for having fun and there could be RL issues for the higher-ups, etc. - it's just that I'd like to know what's going on.

Best regards,

Kairil / Kayn

Community Member

Hi Kayn.

I'm the current Leader of The Silver Legion.
    Your acceptance email was sent on January 12th.
    If you haven't seen the email then I would suggest that you check your email "spam" folder in case it got diverted there.
    If you still are unable to find it then either let me know here or send a tell in-game to Kassie, or any other member of The Silver Legion asking that they let me know, and I'll resend the information to you.

Thanks, Kassie.
    Last edited by WBS; 01-21-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Hello all! Especially all the new Cannith People looking for a mature, fun and RL oriented guild!

If you think the Silver Legion would fit you while you're reading this thread, please read the first post and follow the application process there.

Thanks all and above all have fun!

Default The Silver Legion – A Disciplinary Crusade?

Hey guys

I've read your code of conduct and I'm confused what your core rules are. There's a lot of stuff on those pages, please clarify for me.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mordiggian of Cannith

Hi Mordiggian of Cannith,

Thanks for your interest and interesting point of view. While I'm an officer of the Silver Legion, please don't take my word as law as I don't speak for the entirety of Guild Medieval which spans much further than just DDO.

However, I guess I have some answers for your questions. Please bare with me as I'm making use of what little leisure time I get whilst at home to answer your post in hopes that it is a legitimate concern rather than just someone attempting to troll our recruitment thread. (If you are just trolling, then thank you for the bump up, we appreciate it :])

Guild Medieval has been around for ten years now. That's impressive by any standards for a gaming guild and I do think you and anyone would admit that. It is currently most active in our DDO branch, but perhaps that won't be the case in two or five years - although I'm certain that many of us will still be around the guild, regardless what game we are playing.

The reason any organization (See: large corporations IRL) can remain around for long period of time like that and still function after a decade is because of procedures in place. A strong set of rules. The application letter stating the rules; it has been a work in progress for years. It lays out all aspects which keeps our happy gaming environment in its happy state. As all rules (or any legal document) you understand that it must cover all angles and try and block all loopholes, hence cover a broad range of topics. It's spiced with some subtle humor as that's the spirit of the guild. Which I think is what you have taken particular offense to.

Though in reality, you can summarize our set of rules to three rules:

A. Keep our public guild channel clean.
    B. Use Logic before you open your mouth.
    C. Don't be a ******.

We are actually really lenient. We are happy to discuss things before they escalate into a problem, and anyone whom has ever been booted has been offered a reasonable explanation.

I hope this addresses your concerns, if not please feel free to PM me, as I am always happy to talk it out in a mature fashion.
    I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.
    Cannith :: Nizzen * Nizzin * Niszen * Tayissa

Community Member

*Walks in, looks around, smiles, walks out again*

Talking

I went in and out of a few guilds before finding the Legion. It has been a great group. Helpful, generous (I was handed a portable hole and the cash to fuel it in the first week), always a group on with various levels. We even like archers.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good any more?

Proud handler of Baldric, Melkazar, Clant, Mulray, Tirimon, Mallon.
    Remember, if one of them falls off a cliff, it's actually my fault.

Cool

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Howdy. Would you care to submit your loot rules (epic and raid) in my thread, so I can add you guys to the guild+loot rules list? Here is a link:
    Thank you, in advance.
    Last edited by Doxmaster; 02-16-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Heya Dox,hows the Wicked folks doing?

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    Officer of The Silver Legion
    Knight Templar of Guild Medieval

Thumbs up

Wait, we're supposed to like Rangers now? <Just kidding!>

I applied for membership in Guild Medieval's presence in DDO, the Silver Legion, sometime back
    in December. My membership application went through promptly, and I've been a happy Squire since then. This Guild is very friendly, very active (always seems to be a minimum of 15 to 20+ folks online whenever I seem to sign on, that is pretty cool), and VERY helpful (the shared chest on the airship was wonderful for us poor struggling toons with no real gear of our own). I've participated in a few of the organized raids on the weekends, and happily joined some spur-of-the-moment group quests since. I still solo and PUG, too, but it is really nice to have other Guildies on who are at or near my mid-high level toon, and who are very willing to drop what they are doing and help out us relative newbies. It already feels like home to me, I'm quite happy with my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tunabomber View Post
    Heya Dox,hows the Wicked folks doing?
    So-so. Cray is still off gaming elsewhere, and he took several people with him, but those that remain are working hard to keep the guild afloat. Occasionally we snag one of our ancient members for a few years ago too, so...well, we've seen better days and we've seen worst.

Still, we're still trying hard, to make sure the best lead us and show us the way.

Community Member

Default Joining silver legion?

HI

I am an old pnp player that has discovered ddo. Before that I played a lot of nwn as well.
    Anyway, I saw on another discussion that you have a lot of old pnp players and seem to be a friendly guild
    but must ask something before applying to your guild...that is if I can apply.

As an old pnp player I like to roleplay, therefore do not chat in general and only talk to people next to me.
    I can say something in general very seldomly with the ooc tag.
    I have seen that in ddo most people are interesting in getting the best of the best, and just invite me
    to guilds without even asking before, Therefore I have been only soloing up until now.

So do you have a lot of roleplayers in your guild?
    If not, perhaps you have a suggestion which guild would be better suited for me?

Community Member

Hi MenzZana,

I wouldn't say that we have a "lot" of RP'ers in the guild but we do have a fair number. I would say that the majority of our members are not RPers although there are probably more than I know about who would be willing to make an RP character to run with a steady group. Usually, the RP characters form into either Permadeath or Static groups that play on set days/times to enhance the "old school" feel. I know that there are at least 3 static groups going right now and I saw at least one Permadeath group forming recently.

You are certainly welcome to apply and see if the guild fits you.

Rugar

Edit: Oooooh... sorry. I just noticed that you asked "if not the SL, then who?" and I didn't answer. I really don't know many RP guilds. I think I saw that the Doom Brigade was advertising RP a while back but I don't really know much more than that.
    Last edited by Maelphistez; 03-07-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Andrialla / Archellus / Kadarin / Mercantile Joe
    Knight of The Silver Legion (Forum name: Rugar)
    Cannith / Orien

Community Member

Default Thanks for the information

Thank you for the information.

I have closely looked at the doom brigade as well, but their numbers seem to be not as big as silver flame, but
    they are mainly situated in europe as I understand which is advantageous for me.

I will contact you durign gameplay...

Community Member

Heyo everyone,

Just bumping to remind everyone about the Silver Legion. I'm seeing people posting that they are looking for a guild and I just wanted to move this back up to where they might notice us!

Rugar
    Cannith / Orien

Community Member

Default sounds like home ;-)

Applied, sounds like a good place to move in and put on my PJ's ;-)

Community Member

Heh... good to hear Phiredragon. Look forward to seeing you around the boat. Be sure and say hello (my SL Forum name is Rugar) in the forums as well!

Rugar
    Cannith / Orien

Default guild website

Have been trying to login to website today and keep getting sent to a real estate/apartment etc... site. Not sure what is occuring. Can not get on in game as am at work. Whats up? Thanks!
    charsig=http://ddosigs.level3.turbine.com/062190000001ad0a6/010010200003000/signature.png

Community Member

Yes, we've had a bit of a domain name issue... Our Guild Leader is attempting to fix it as we speak. I'll post here to let you know when it's back up and running.
    Cannith / Orien

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast