Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thumbs up The Silver Legion - Still Recruiting ;)

Hello, I am the leader of the Silver Legion on the Cannith server. I'm here to let you know that The Silver Legion, as always, is recruiting.

Tired of frustrating PUGs, grinding away solo, and not really getting to know anyone on the server? If you are a mature, friendly, and courteous player, we'd like to see you in our guild. You've probably seen many of our members around before and maybe played with them too. We are now one of the largest and most active guilds on the server, and with good reason.

First and foremost, we are about the player behind the character. We have no play requirements, and readily take people new to DDO. Many of our players are still exploring and learning the game, and our more seasoned adventurers will help you find your feet too. The majority of our players have families, jobs, and other real life things to deal with, and so we are very patient and emphasize that real life comes first.

We also adhere to a code of conduct that has served us very well. In brief:

• No swearing, and no crude or offensive language is allowed
    • Treat everyone with respect
    • Maintain a mature attitude at all times
    • Communication is key, and as such some use of our forums is required

The Silver Legion is part of Guild Medieval--a large, multi-game guild established in 2001. It's primary focus at inception was to provide a safe, family-friendly play environment in Diablo II, and it has been growing and branching out into other games ever since. The website is at www.guildmedieval.com.

If all this sounds good to you, read over the website and then click "Join" at the top. "Realm" is "DDO", and choose "n/a" for "Recruited by" so I know you learned about us from this posting. If accepted, you should receive an e-mail back in about a day with further instructions. If you do not receive the e-mail or have questions about the guild, feel free to PM me here or contact one of our officers in-game.

Addendum: We have recently received a large influx of applicants that unfortunately do not meet our requirements. Simply put, we are not looking for people expecting handouts or simply trying to join a large guild. If you are not applying because we have strict requirements, a book of conduct rules, expect a modicum of respect for all, and you are of an age (or mindset!) where childish behaviors are difficult to tolerate, this isn't the right guild for you.
    Last edited by Kobu; 07-23-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Still recruiting an growings.

Play with folks that will explain what just happened there =D
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.

Default The Silver Legion - Still recruiting :D

Well, not too much I can add to what Kobu has said already, but the guild is indeed doing well. I am on at odd and varied times of day and rarely anymore do I get on where there are not at least 9 or 10 other folks on. The people in Guild Medieval in general and The Silver Legion specifically are some of the friendliest and most helpful folks I've ever played with. In short, The Silver Legion is always actively recruiting, so if it sounds like we might be a good fit for you and vice versa, definitely visit the website. It'll be well worth your time.

-Cyn

If you know a thing, say so; if not, admit it. That is true knowledge.

Hi guys, seems like you have a pretty large player base, but I'm curious what kind of distribution of people you have on the US timezones, particularly the west coast (PST) evenings during the week? Myself and a friend play in the late evenings most nights (7p - 1a or so) and more on the weekends. Just looking for a good group of people that aren't all level 20 with 4 alts and that play on other times. Thanks for any feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
    Hi guys, seems like you have a pretty large player base, but I'm curious what kind of distribution of people you have on the US timezones, particularly the west coast (PST) evenings during the week? Myself and a friend play in the late evenings most nights (7p - 1a or so) and more on the weekends. Just looking for a good group of people that aren't all level 20 with 4 alts and that play on other times. Thanks for any feedback.
    You can always use the social panel to see how many of us are on. At the time I'm writing this, we have 18 people on. It varies of course but there are usually at least a handful of us on at any given time.

Default Do you have European members?

I am looking for an active guild and just wondering if you have many members who play in European evening/early night times? Yesterday, when I logged off, it seemd that there were quite many Silver Legionaires online, and I noticed a recruiting announcement in the general chat. So I am guessing the answer is "Yes"?

Gotta talk to some of you people later tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Droogald View Post
    I am looking for an active guild and just wondering if you have many members who play in European evening/early night times? Yesterday, when I logged off, it seemd that there were quite many Silver Legionaires online, and I noticed a recruiting announcement in the general chat. So I am guessing the answer is "Yes"?

Gotta talk to some of you people later tonight
    We do have a decent presence in Europe, mostly in the UK, but we also have members from quite a few countries across the globe, so there's usually at least few people on. We have some early birds in the US too who play before work.

Community Member

I've recently joined the Silver Legion and I find that they're the nicest group that I've ever associated with. And in my experience, There's always someone on and I play late at night when the wife and kids are asleep

Quote Originally Posted by ShastaHawk View Post
    I've recently joined the Silver Legion and I find that they're the nicest group that I've ever associated with. And in my experience, There's always someone on and I play late at night when the wife and kids are asleep
    I second these sentiments!

Community Member

Thumbs up Strong guild

In short, The Silver Legion is a very good guild with a solid structure and excellent moral values. Leadership is always involved with newer players – Out of game community is strong as well.

We have had a very good influx of applications and I've been really pleased by how many great people we've found by these forum posts.

Just a quick note for applicants--we really don't reject that many people, so if you think you should have gotten a reply and did not, please check your spam mail folder. Our form letter seems to get filtered out more than we'd like. Also, please don't hesitate to contact me here if you did not receive a reply within 24 hours.

Community Member LoveNeverFails's Avatar

Hey there, i'm currently in a guild on Cannith, and love the members to death, but unfortunately leadership isn't there all the time, (In face I've been with the guild a week, and I've never even seen he leader Online, much less played with him) So i think that I'm looking for another guild. My question to you guys is, activity, which I think has been stated before that you are a highly active guild, but also events. Does your guild do any guild events? stuff like that? I like the feeling of camaraderie and stuff in games. Appreciate any information I can get.

We have a monthly Scavenger Hunt. Also different level groups are always being formed in game and in the guild forums for various quests both p2p and f2p. And as has been pointed out before, there is always at least a few on at any given time. We have players from across the US and overseas.

I also ditto the above that this is one of the best guilds I have been in......in any game. Please come to our forums and give us a look see and check us out on the social panel in game . www.guildmedieval.com. In game we are The Silver Legion.
    Last edited by Jaxien; 06-22-2011 at 03:05 AM.

Thanks, Jax.

We almost always have leadership on, usually several of us are there at a time. You may not of course see some of our leadership or group with them just because we are an international guild and we all have very different play schedules. I don't want to steer you wrong, so I will tell you that the likelihood of grouping with me in particular in any given month isn't incredibly high.

One thing I should point out is that we in no way try to recruit people who are already in a guild. We don't mind people playing other characters in other guilds, but we do require that characters applying to join are not already part of a guild. As in, we don't want people applying and then ditching their guild as soon as they get accepted by us.

Community Member

Hi
    Ive been lookin for a 'decent' guild and yours seems to tick all the boxes, I used to play guild wars for a number of years and can fully appreciate what it means to be a member of a good guild.
    Ive been playing f2p DDO (mostly solo) for about three months now and D&D on paper for about 30 years.... On Cannith, I've been running a paladin called Theoldwolf.
    Im based in the UK and am usually on every evening (GMT, of course).
    Hope you can find a home for me, look forward to hearing from you.

Sent you an in game mail Kargwolfrunner to "Theoldwolf" character you listed.
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.

It's incredible watching this guild grow. I've been a part of the Silver Legion for quite some time, from th early stages of growth and have "grown" within the game with this "family". I say so because really, the guild does have a very family-like atmosphere, the internal forums are very lively with fountains of in-game information and casual chatter between fellow gamers.

I figured I'd just pop in and mention I love my guild, and thank our founders for taking me in and allowing me to take part and showing me the ropes. Now as one of the more experienced members I get to share my own knowledge with the guild as well, as do many others.

Drop us a tell sometime, we're all very friendly. If you'd like more information check us out at http://www.guildmedieval.com or look for one of us in-game. We'd love to hear from you.
    I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.
    Cannith :: Nizzen * Nizzin * Niszen * Tayissa

Community Member Miyamoto_Musashi's Avatar

Default Silver Legion

I am a member of the Silver Legion, part of http://www.guildmedieval.com/. Just to explain my point of view coming into DDO, I had no prior experience playing online games. I had no prior knowledge of guilds in game and how they could make the game exp. better. When I reached about level 5 I also realized that I couldn't get much farther without grouping with others. PUGing was a hit or miss proposition. Some groups were good and many more were very bad. So I started reading the DDO.com forums and looking for a group of like minded people to continue playing with. The Silver Legion is that group for me. We are casual and hard core gamers. We have members with character at all levels. We believe real life (RL) comes first. We are not really worried about what character you have created or play. We are both VIP and F2P players. We don't allow swearing or inappropriate language. We have a family type atmosphere. We are a community of people outside of the game too (see our forums). Personally the help I have received was incredible. The generosity people in my guild have showed me is unbelievable. I don't think that I would have made it this far or even kept playing if I hadn't joined. I would like to invite anyone interested in being part of this guild to apply at http://www.guildmedieval.com/ . If you see one of us in game don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. If someone you ask doesn't have the answer, I'm sure that you will be referred to some one that can help.

A quick note--

The Silver Legion Reserves is also our guild. We aren't quite at the 1000 character limit for the guild, but it's coming. So, we have two guilds now. Just a FYI in case anyone saw the Reserves members running around and was wondering.

Community Member

Hey guys, I usually dont get involved in things like this. I had strange encounter with one of your Officers I think. I copied and paisted the chat we had. Please PM and I will share it with you.

I was inquiring about a membership and asking general questions about what sounds like a great guild. I can tell you this conversation reflects poorly upon your recruitment advert here on the forum.

Thanks,

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast