Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Oh I can beat that one, about 3 or 4 days ago when my fvs were around level 8ish I get a tell.

Can you come and help us with delera.

"sure I reply"...

A couple of minutes later, "err can you get me a guess pass then for it" he asks me

*sighs*

Show me someone who believes in something, and I will show you a fool : Kerr Avon

I guess the chaff will filter down to the bottom of the pond eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydin_Dirtay View Post
    I guess the chaff will filter down to the bottom of the pond eventually.
    no, been seeing alot of them in shroud, hound and vod. seen some in tod
    If you want to know why...

The real question is if it was just for the SC chests why didn't the Sorc just pick up a knock wand or swap out the spell?

Quote Originally Posted by simloc View Post
    That made me giggle.. Has he ever heard of monk?
    Yup !

I enjoyed this as well !!

Quote Originally Posted by Lleren View Post
    Who says he took at level of rogue at first level =p
    Now that would be quite scary...
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Could be worse. Today on Thelanis, there was an LFM up for the Proof is in the Poison-raid.

Community Member

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jiipster View Post
    Could be worse. Today on Thelanis, there was an LFM up for the Proof is in the Poison-raid.
    Too funny

The chaff will NOT filter to the bottom of the pond. It will all work itself to the top, accelerated by +20% XP potions and time periods.
    Khyber::Ransack::Taomoat(wis monk), Tamat (fvs), Moat(pally)

Ok.
    Note to self...don't read Beerman's posts while eating or drinking...
    /cleans off monitor
    /cleans off shirt
    /tries to stop choking
    /is still giggling

Whew!

Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    Oh shut up, we know this was your alt.

Haha, win

Quote Originally Posted by direwolf33 View Post
    The chaff will NOT filter to the bottom of the pond. It will all work itself to the top, accelerated by +20% XP potions and time periods.
    I can't tell the difference between the chaff and the... what's that other stuff called? yeah, that stuff... anymore anyway. It's all the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ddaedelus View Post
    I can't tell the difference between the chaff and the... what's that other stuff called? yeah, that stuff... anymore anyway. It's all the same to me.

I'm actually still wondering who is noobish enough to separate the wheat from the chaff in a pond rather than a thresher?

Default Ouch.

You guys are hardcore. My Paladin has two levels of Rogue for UMD and Intimidate. I didn't have the Skill points for OL when I'm trying to max out those two Skills.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Community Member

Default Mithran it only takes 1 skill pt

Here's the math.

skill pt 1
    +5 thieves tools 5
    16 dex (if that low) 10 base and a +6 dex item. 3
    +15 ol gloves (easy to aquire) 15
    Grtr Hero (since you have UMD scrolls work) 4
    Total 28
    I'd also assume you have at least rogue boost if not class/race boost for another 2-6. that's a total of 30-34. that's more than enough to open most if not all locks in the game.

I don't think 1 skill point put into open lock is hard core. Prudent would be a better choice imo.

I know you know the game very well so I may not have gotten the joke if it was one. I'm kind of slow when it comes to things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    Too funny
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Sad thing is there are players on Khyber who have played since beta that have created brand new characters recently and have that exact same problem. 2 rogue level, zero ranks in open lock.

One guy I know has probably at least 7 lvl20 characters and still makes characters like that.

Perma noobs heh.
    Is there a rule that says rogues need to have 'Open Lock'?

It is Khyber you know?
    Does Khyber have some sort of stigma attached to it I should know about?
    Last edited by Sebiale; 01-12-2010 at 11:19 PM.
    Flying is not inherently dangerous, crashing is. -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Sebiale View Post
    Why?

Is there a rule that says rogues need to have 'Open Lock'?

Does Khyber have some sort of stigma attached to it I should know about?
    Let's see? Even if you were not human starting skill points on a first level rogue is at 28 even you dump-stated Int, Obviously UMD, DD, Search max could account for 12 ... now if you max diplo balance and spot on top that gets you to 24 ... 4 left now tell me what other skills are so important you refuse to take even one point in OL? Oh always take least 1 point in tumble.

... plain simple fact is there are not many outstanding skills in DDO for a rogue outside the ones just mentioned.If you base-line Int to 10 is 32 (36 if human) skill points according to my planner.
    Last edited by Emili; 01-13-2010 at 10:26 AM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Default asdf

I'd really hoped this Thread would go away, but since it hasn't, I'll give it a /bump:

Intelligence (on a Drow), starting with her Base 10, add a point (because it's cheap), then a +1 Tome at Level 3 gives three Skill points/level (starting at level 4). Keeping UMD capped and investing the rest in Intimidate, I'm still behind four Skill points in Intimidate on my Level 5 TR'd girl. For a character looking to specialize in UMD/Intimidate, I just don't see where I can afford OL, nor do I see why I should invest in it.

No, I don't have Skill Boost. I have Rogue Haste Boost (it's very nice when combined with Zeal) and look to maximize the mobility of my melee characters.

What other Skills, Emili?

Tumble
    Jump

To me, the number of instances where there are locked chests is considerably less than the number of instances where Jump is handy. Even on Nellas, who can get her Jump up to a self-buffed 68 (more points than Turbine will allow to apply, I know), I've missed some jumps in the Subterrane, en route to VoD (never mind on my Cleric).
    Last edited by Mithran; 01-13-2010 at 09:44 AM.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Here's the math.

skill pt 1
    +5 thieves tools 5
    16 dex (if that low) 10 base and a +6 dex item. 3
    +15 ol gloves (easy to aquire) 15
    Grtr Hero (since you have UMD scrolls work) 4
    Total 28
    I'd also assume you have at least rogue boost if not class/race boost for another 2-6. that's a total of 30-34. that's more than enough to open most if not all locks in the game.

I don't think 1 skill point put into open lock is hard core. Prudent would be a better choice imo.

I know you know the game very well so I may not have gotten the joke if it was one. I'm kind of slow when it comes to things like that.
    + 5 tools actually give a + 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber69 View Post
    Please forgive my personal attack, I was high on Platypus Venom at the time.

As I learned in another thread way back when I started posting, 4 skill points at first level are enough to open end game locks if you don't mind having to try a few times

But yeah, you do need to take rogue as the first level of any build with rogue levels. Unless you want to leave 24ish skillpoints on the table.
    Occasionally playing on Cannith

Llyren, Kelda and some others.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast