Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Holy Cow! You gotta love the newbs! I see trouble ahead.

I'm completely miffed on this one.

Last night an LFM goes up. Stormcleave on norm level 7-10. Four spots filled 1 sorc, 1 fighter, and 2 multiclass both the same build with 2 levels of rogue. I hit join on my level 8 Barb and wait a while. No response. Then LFM changes even though nobody has joined. It now only wants a cleric or a rogue. And ding "you have been declined for this group pops up on the screen. So I send tell saying ok gl on your run, but a simple tell saying we don't want you would have been nice as opposed to making me wait 5 minutes.

Leader replies we only want a cleric and a rogue for the 2 chests. So I'm looking at LFM & still the same four people and 2 of them have 2 levels of rougue. So now I have to reply back. Dude you have two toons in there both with 2 levels of rogue?

leader: ya but were evasion rogues.

Me: Ok I get that but you do know you can put skill points into open lock right?

Leader: No you're obviously new and don't get it. I'm an evasion pally I'm going to be able to smite in the 100's and make every save in the game.

Me: OK I get that, but just one point into open lock and some +5 thieves tools will open just about any lock in the game except the door at the top of pop and a couple of others.

leader: You still don't get it I'm an evasion pally not a rogue.

Me: Dude you got like 20 points at level one as a rogue you mean to tell me you didn't put anything into open lock or UMD. Heck you could have umd'ed a knock wand and opened the chests in SC on norm.

Leader: No why would I do that I'm an evasion pally all my points went into Str, Wis, and Cha. I need a high wisdom to cast spells and a high cha for saves.

Me: Those are stat ponts they have nothing to do with skill points. And FYI you only need an 8 wis and a +6 wis item to cast every pally spell in the game. The hound necklace will give that and 150 sp. You'll end up with around 320 sp and you could have put those wis point into cha to bump up your saves since you wanted monster saves.

Leader: You don't know what your talking about. You must be new.

Me: Ok well my group is full and I'm off to quest. Good luck on your loot and your toon.

Look at LFM panel and they're still looking for rogue. We get done with Tear and they're still looking for rogue. You gotta love it.

That made me giggle.. Has he ever heard of monk?

Community Member

LOL Beerman. I don't think I would have been that put out by being declined by superpally. Just think of the frustration you saved yourself by being declined.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by simloc View Post
    That made me giggle.. Has he ever heard of monk?
    He probably didn't buy it.

But it is true that if you're going for high saves without UMD or locks, monk is the clearly superior choice. Evasion, two feats, and the highest possible save progression is awesome.

Sigh...

Even during the holidays the bashing continues.

Forget it...Ignore this.

R
    ---------------------
    Faskin-Lorich-Lorichae-Lorichei-Loriches-Lorichh-Lorichha-Lorichie-Lorichies-Lorichiette-Lorichisoul-Lorricch-Lorrich

Community Member

Default Steel & Sim

Actually Steel I'm not upset just thought It was a funny story to share. He actually towards the end said. That if I could get the sorc a knock wand I could go. Even if I had a knock wand I wouldn't have made that run after hearing that. This would have been one of those 2 hour SC runs where I'd be passing out heal pots to the fleshies even though my barb is a WF. And then dragging stones to shrines.

Sim I was thinking the same thing I just didn't want to go to the trouble of explaining all that since he couldn't even get the rogue thing. I figured there's no way he's gonna get the monk thing.

I think Aspen was right though he probably didn't buy monk. That never donned on me. I forgot non ftp don't get monk. Cuz my 1st thought was why not monk w/ no umd or open lock you should be a monk. Still trying to figure out where all the skill points went though.

Community Member

Default You call it bashing

I call it entertainment. Just a matter of perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    I call it entertainment. Just a matter of perception.
    you wake up, on today of all days, and one of the first things you do is jump online to a video game forum to "entertain us"? I dont get it.

anyway, as i said, nevermind and forget it.

R
    ---------------------
    Faskin-Lorich-Lorichae-Lorichei-Loriches-Lorichh-Lorichha-Lorichie-Lorichies-Lorichiette-Lorichisoul-Lorricch-Lorrich

Sad thing is there are players on Khyber who have played since beta that have created brand new characters recently and have that exact same problem. 2 rogue level, zero ranks in open lock.

One guy I know has probably at least 7 lvl20 characters and still makes characters like that.

Perma noobs heh.

Community Member

Actually Steel I'm not upset just thought It was a funny story to share...
    No no, I get it. I just hate being involved in or watching a trainwreck, at any level(1-20). Some people have to figure out quests, builds all by themselves, even if it takes months or years. But they will. By the way, Merry Christmas Beerman.

Community Member

Default Well Rich

Depending on who you are and your beliefs today may just be another day.

And I think the few of us on here today may want to be entertained. If you prefer I can talk about stories of a make believe fat guy that dropped down my chimney last night.

Would that be more entertaining? It is Khyber you know?

Community Member

Default TY Steele

And Merry Christmas to you as well. Have a cold one for me this afternoon since I'll be working all day and most of the night.

I'm still trying to figure out why some people are so worried about the locked chests in SC!

If you prefer I can talk about stories of a make believe fat guy that dropped down my chimney last night.
    Whadda mean MAKE BELIEVE?!?!?

Oh, and Happy Holidays Khyber.

~Missy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    ~locks Erres in the ancient cage~

I think Aspen was right though he probably didn't buy monk. That never donned on me. I forgot non ftp don't get monk. Cuz my 1st thought was why not monk w/ no umd or open lock you should be a monk. Still trying to figure out where all the skill points went though.
    Who says he took at level of rogue at first level =p

Community Member

Default Lleren

That's a scary thought, but don't think it didn't cross my mind. LOL.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

My evasion Pal has 5 ranks in Rog skills. Only five, and I have done locks and traps in lvl 12 normal quests. Without +15 skill litems and +6 stat items.

Surprised me.

But I took Rog 2 first, and wanted to not be useless then. And had all these hand-me-down buff items and no other char to use them.

If I made one now, I'd go Mnk.

But OL is too nice to pass up even if it's only a few skill points at lvl 1.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Sad thing is there are players on Khyber who have played since beta that have created brand new characters recently and have that exact same problem. 2 rogue level, zero ranks in open lock.

One guy I know has probably at least 7 lvl20 characters and still makes characters like that.

Perma noobs heh.
    no i don't err, um oh you were talking bout someone else, whew nothing to see here,,,,,, move along
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    Dooo00000ooooo000mmmmmm

I'm completely miffed on this one.

Last night an LFM goes up. Stormcleave on norm level 7-10. Four spots filled 1 sorc, 1 fighter, and 2 multiclass both the same build with 2 levels of rogue. I hit join on my level 8 Barb and wait a while. No response. Then LFM changes even though nobody has joined. It now only wants a cleric or a rogue. And ding "you have been declined for this group pops up on the screen. So I send tell saying ok gl on your run, but a simple tell saying we don't want you would have been nice as opposed to making me wait 5 minutes.

Leader replies we only want a cleric and a rogue for the 2 chests. So I'm looking at LFM & still the same four people and 2 of them have 2 levels of rougue. So now I have to reply back. Dude you have two toons in there both with 2 levels of rogue?

leader: ya but were evasion rogues.

Me: Ok I get that but you do know you can put skill points into open lock right?

Leader: No you're obviously new and don't get it. I'm an evasion pally I'm going to be able to smite in the 100's and make every save in the game.

Me: OK I get that, but just one point into open lock and some +5 thieves tools will open just about any lock in the game except the door at the top of pop and a couple of others.

leader: You still don't get it I'm an evasion pally not a rogue.

Me: Dude you got like 20 points at level one as a rogue you mean to tell me you didn't put anything into open lock or UMD. Heck you could have umd'ed a knock wand and opened the chests in SC on norm.

Leader: No why would I do that I'm an evasion pally all my points went into Str, Wis, and Cha. I need a high wisdom to cast spells and a high cha for saves.

Me: Those are stat ponts they have nothing to do with skill points. And FYI you only need an 8 wis and a +6 wis item to cast every pally spell in the game. The hound necklace will give that and 150 sp. You'll end up with around 320 sp and you could have put those wis point into cha to bump up your saves since you wanted monster saves.

Leader: You don't know what your talking about. You must be new.

Me: Ok well my group is full and I'm off to quest. Good luck on your loot and your toon.

Look at LFM panel and they're still looking for rogue. We get done with Tear and they're still looking for rogue. You gotta love it.
    Well, I all I can say is this is one piece of flatware happy to see a beer post up on the khyber forums, seen you've been on a bit lately, good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorichie View Post
    Sigh...

Even during the holidays the bashing continues.

Forget it...Ignore this.

R
    Sigh...

Even during the holidays knowledge and learning are not considered important....

Forget it...Ignore this.

T

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

sounds kind of like the group I joined our rogue(had the symbol) had 2 lvl rogue and 2 lvs of cleric we go into ww part 1(normal) party leader asks the rogue if he/she can do the trap and is told no, I go are you kidding? I am told yes so its I am out of here, I drop group and solo the thing.

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    He probably didn't buy it.

But it is true that if you're going for high saves without UMD or locks, monk is the clearly superior choice. Evasion, two feats, and the highest possible save progression is awesome.
    Oh shut up, we know this was your alt.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast