Community Member

Default Paladin Greensteel Crafting Question

Ok, so after reading this thread about paladins, I've been thinking of which would be better for my TR'd KoTC paladin. I've got the mats for two 2-handers (large horns), and I'm planning on making a Min II and a Lightning II (I have most of the mats for each). I'm not sure which would be better though: a greataxe, or falchion. Is there a good idea for each, like one is Min II, the other Lightning II? Which weapon is better for each type? From what I read, I was thinking the Falchion would be Min II, and the Greataxe Lightning II. What do you think?

Also, concepts for what I should put on them wouldn't be too bad an idea. I use this crafting planner.
    Half-elf: Your ugly...
    Half-orc: Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder
    Half-elf: Um...which eye?

If you are going to craft Id go falchion. The crit range lends itself beautifully to exalted smite and Divine sacrifice.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

Community Member

For both Min II and Lightning II? Or just one of them?
    Half-elf: Your ugly...
    Half-orc: Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder
    Half-elf: Um...which eye?

falchion for both

do the mineral 2 first.

Falchions are the best thf dps weapon.

For all classes (cept FvS, WF, and dwarves)

Community Member

Default why min2 first?

I'm reading Lit2 is better for a paladin because holy sword spell works pretty well on harry and etc. And that
    the lit 2 flat out does more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdawen View Post
    I'm reading Lit2 is better for a paladin because holy sword spell works pretty well on harry and etc. And that
    ^^^ This
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

There are no holy sword falchions; greatswords are quite a bit behind the falchion and a min2 is a substantial upgrade over holy sword for 2handed users for this reason.

This isn't true for onehanded weapons where all the best weapon types are available (khopesh, rapier, scimitar, etc).

Community Member

Default cant make up my mind.....

Ok I need to make more sense ....From what I have read.It's better for a 2 handed pally to make a LitII falchion
    before a MinII falchion.Because its better overall on average mobs.I have read a few threads saying that holy sword spell isnt to far off for going through the dr on harry than a minII.Apparently MinII goes through bosses dr better than LitII but for overall use LitII would be better? Once again this is for a 2handed Paladin.Sure it would be better to have both or a epic sos but .....from all the threads I have read people seem to lean toward saying the LitII would be the better weapon to make first for a 2handed pally.Ok I'm rambling on , please give me input.
    =/

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Ok I need to make more sense ....From what I have read.It's better for a 2 handed pally to make a LitII falchion
    before a MinII falchion.Because its better overall on average mobs.I have read a few threads saying that holy sword spell isnt to far off for going through the dr on harry than a minII.Apparently MinII goes through bosses dr better than LitII but for overall use LitII would be better? Once again this is for a 2handed Paladin.Sure it would be better to have both or a epic sos but .....from all the threads I have read people seem to lean toward saying the LitII would be the better weapon to make first for a 2handed pally.Ok I'm rambling on , please give me input.
    =/
    Yes, Lightning II. Use your Holy Sword vs. bosses with DR. Then you can craft a Min 2 falchion later to upgrade.