Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
    You'll have to give me the details then because I've missed that in 3 years of playing.....honestly with no sarcasm
    In some areas (like the Marketplace) there is a quest you can do (in the case of the marketplace it's the STK chain). After you complete it, many vendors will talk to you slightly differently ("Greetings, Numot. Now that the business in the Steam Tunnels is cleared up, our merchants have agreed to lower their prices for you").

It isn't by much, 2% sounds about right.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

2014 DDO Players Council

Thank you...I know about the chat changing but never noticed any price differences.
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

The increase is about 5% for selling. Dunno the buy increase offhand.
    You get back 10% of the base price at normal vendors and 15% at friendly vendors. (and 20% ish at pawn brokers)

Some vendors are always friendly tho and always give the 15%, an example is the portable hole general shop.

Others require a story line quest completed. Generally these are original release multi-part quests.
    Harbour: The Lost Seekers (aka Waterworks)
    Market: Shan-to-kor (aka STK)
    House P: Some are Tangleroot, some are Threnal Ruins
    House J: Deleras Tomb
    House D: Sorrowdusk - Greymoon/Cult of the Six
    House K: Sorrowdusk - Greymoon/Cult of the Six

Most newer areas don't have this feature and simply deal only 10%, which is kind of lame. Makes it better to teleport to the portable hole to sell rather then using local vendors, which is annoying as many characters cannot teleport.

ok..lots discussed here. Lemme re-read all of this and update the post later tonight. I also didn't know about the differences in price.

Keep the info coming!

Thanks everyone!
    Blackmoor Defenders (LVL - 193)
    Ghallanda ...Lhazaar 2006
    Forum-ID u779 : Guild Leader of The Blackmoor Defenders

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    The increase is about 5% for selling. Dunno the buy increase offhand.
    You get back 10% of the base price at normal vendors and 15% at friendly vendors. (and 20% ish at pawn brokers)

Some vendors are always friendly tho and always give the 15%, an example is the portable hole general shop.

Others require a story line quest completed. Generally these are original release multi-part quests.

House D: Sorrowdusk - Greymoon/Cult of the Six
    House K: Sorrowdusk - Greymoon/Cult of the Six

Most newer areas don't have this feature and simply deal only 10%, which is kind of lame. Makes it better to teleport to the portable hole to sell rather then using local vendors, which is annoying as many characters cannot teleport.

I didn't think both House D and House K use Greymoon/Cult of the Six, so I just checked and House D text indicates it uses Scoundrel's Run (I thought House K used Caverns of Korromar )

Totally agree with the lack of improving the 10%, so I spend a lot of time in the portable hole with the characters that can teleport (yeah Royal Mask and UMD)

Updated the post...and cleaned things up visually too.

Thanks everyone...hopefully this will continue to improve as more info comes out or is discovered.

T.

2014 DDO Players Council

It might be a good idea to give an idea to new players on what they aiming for since pots etc are a priority when starting out. A cheaper price in pots would definitely have me zerging the quests for the discount

So I guess the consensus is that 75 favor will not affect ordinary vendor prices, but the so-called reputation quest will (and haggle of course).

I was under the impression the reputation quest and areas were linked like like this:

Harbour - Lost Seekers (WW)
    Marketplace - The Seal of Shan-To-Kor (STK)
    House P (One-Eared Bugbear Inn+Delver's Canteen) - assault of Splinterskull (Tangleroot)
    House D (Salty Wench Tavern) - Scoundrel's Run (Three-Barrel Cove)
    House J - Delera's Tomb & Return to Delera's Tomb (Delera's)
    House K (Eye of Kol Korran) - Cult of the Six (Sorrowdusk Isle)

I must admit, I haven't tested them all myself, but go with what I remember from the Wiki before it went down.
    But I can confirm Harbour, Marketplace, House P and House J.

Default Silly question, but curiousity killed the cat..

What I have been wondering is: Does the server revoke your 32 point char build abilities if you TR all your characters? Anotherwards does it keep the fact that you once had/made it to 1750 with a character and allows you to keep making 32 pointers even though you dont have one any longer?

"Lead me, Follow me, or Get the hell out of my way!" - General Patton
    Haggle is not just a skill in game, but a skill in life.
    Khyber, We Know Drama...

2014 DDO Players Council

from feedback I've gotten (ppl cancelling subs and deleting all chars then coming back again), the 32pt is account unlocked when you speak to the Drow in harbour...same for FvS and Drow and Veteran so if you TR that character your account remains unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
    from feedback I've gotten (ppl cancelling subs and deleting all chars then coming back again), the 32pt is account unlocked when you speak to the Drow in harbour...same for FvS and Drow and Veteran so if you TR that character your account remains unlocked
    Ok thanks!

"Lead me, Follow me, or Get the hell out of my way!" - General Patton
    Haggle is not just a skill in game, but a skill in life.
    Khyber, We Know Drama...

Quote Originally Posted by natakeu View Post
    What I have been wondering is: Does the server revoke your 32 point char build abilities if you TR all your characters? Anotherwards does it keep the fact that you once had/made it to 1750 with a character and allows you to keep making 32 pointers even though you dont have one any longer?
    Once you earn the favor or buy it in the DDO Store... its stays with your account.

Thanks guys this helped me a lot
    Last edited by GeoBob; 12-12-2010 at 11:15 AM.

400 favor with the coin lords gives you access to a feat close to the one that Argonnseen gives you. The feeat gives you + to your Intimidate and Diplomacy skills.....not sure on the plus but i think that it is about a +10 on both not completely posotive on that.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBob View Post
    400 favor with the coin lords gives you access to a feat close to the one that Argonnseen gives you. The feeat gives you + to your Intimidate and Diplomacy skills.....not sure on the plus but i think that it is about a +10 on both not completely posotive on that.
    Just got it. +2.

Did they bother to fix the final twelve favor reward yet?

Not quite sure....just tr'd my main character, so haven't really had a chance to earn much 12 favor yet

I TR'd and closing on 400 coin lord again...so I can update this.

Not sure where I am at with the 12, but I'll double check.

Been a while, so I should probably go thru this again to see if/what has changed or fill in some things I may have glazed over.

Updated for those who still reference this after all these years. I even created a handy PDF version for those who like to kill trees.

Any updates to make or corrections that I need to do, please feel free to PM me here or reply.

Cheers.

Thac0

Community Member

The House D general vendors sure seem to think it's Scoundrel's Run that grants their discount.

The House K "Greeter" directs you to Sorrowdusk, so it's not too strange that's the discount chain for them.

The House D favor vendor offers the Large Wide quiver at 75 and the Large Thin at 150.

And the more important one, you've got the base prices for the Silver Flame healing listed, not the 50% off rates (500gp for Heal, etc.).

hmm... you are right. I did get those mixed up.

Updated.

Thanks +1 for your eagle eyes!
    Last edited by THAC0; 04-25-2012 at 03:04 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast