Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are you really going to release this update with no new PrE's? Really?

I know that there is still a chance that missing PrE's will make it in, but I am losing faith. With the new splash screen and no mention of them, with devs mentioning they would like to get the new update out ASAP, with not even a hint of what the PrE's will do, its not looking good.

Don't get me wrong, a repec system is a good thing. I do have problems with this system, but that is for another thread.

But what about all the classes that have not even got a sniff of their PrE's??? Wizard, Sorcerer, Cleric, Favored Soul, Monk??? Remember these classes???

Maybe they want to see what their full potential is before they reincarnate themselves into something else.

Just another example of the caster classes getting the big middle finger in this game. And don't even get me started on monks.

At this point in time with their new f2p mechanic it is probably better for them to get the content out and then add the PrE's later when they have them worked out.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldKiller View Post
    At this point in time with their new f2p mechanic it is probably better for them to get the content out and then add the PrE's later when they have them worked out.
    Aren't PrE's content though? If by content you mean quests, then I don't see how 5 new end game quests, and an epic Demon Sands helps out the free players. Aren't most of the new free players still bumbling around the harbor and marketplace? Surely most are not ready to buy end game stuff yet.

Since we still don't know when the module will be released (soon), we may still see more content. As you probably recall, there were things released at different times on the last Lammania preview also.
    A rabbi with whom everyone agrees is not a rabbi.
    A rabbi with whom everyone disagrees is not a mensch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennario View Post
    Aren't PrE's content though? If by content you mean quests, then I don't see how 5 new end game quests, and an epic Demon Sands helps out the free players. Aren't most of the new free players still bumbling around the harbor and marketplace? Surely most are not ready to buy end game stuff yet.

While I don't disagree with you Turbine cannot afford to have another long delay like this last time due to trying to fix buggy PrE's or whatever the hold up may be on those. You saw the outrage over this last delay. It's not as if they can't release whatever content they have ready and then patch other stuff in later. For all we know that's the plan, release quests and whtever other stuff they have ready and then do small periodic additions.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Would rather see the new quests and reincarnation as soon as possible.

PrE additions should be reserved for update 1.1
    READ ME NEW PLAYERS!!!
    Aeneas - Boosterseat - Eulogy - Diminutive - Moths

My bet is PrE's will come with update 2 in January/February. turbine's MO has always been to release content with 2 elements with pretty much every major mod

1.Quests(usually a quest arc with a raid or 6 man raid)
    2. SOmething non quest related like level up, new mechanisms etc.

This goes to thethought that Turbine only has enough resources to push one large mechanism change per update. This update was reincarnation, which I doubt was a 5 second fix. Certainly we will get one or 2 patches before update 2 with hopefully updates togreater re eincarnation to allow the level changes we have asked for, and Turbine has indicated they are working on.

Then with update 2 we will get another round of quests and another non quest item, my guess it will be the rounding out of the pr'e's.
    But think about this closely we are talking about updates every 3 months, something we haven't seen in 2 years.
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldKiller View Post
    Right idea, wrong reasoning. The F2Ps have TONS of content they've never seen. It's the vets who are choosing between 6 new quests and a raid or the content they ran all last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    It's the vets who are choosing between 6 new quests and a raid or the content they ran all last year.
    For sure, lets get that reincarnation in game so the vets can take their favorites back through it all at top speed. I know myself and a few friends i've spoken to are sort of uninspired at the moment because they feel like playing their capped characters is something of a waste since they're in a holding pattern until they can true reincarnate and do work.
    READ ME NEW PLAYERS!!!
    Aeneas - Boosterseat - Eulogy - Diminutive - Moths

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post
    For sure, lets get that reincarnation in game so the vets can take their favorites back through it all at top speed. I know myself and a few friends i've spoken to are sort of uninspired at the moment because they feel like playing their capped characters is something of a waste since they're in a holding pattern until they can true reincarnate and do work.
    Oh, I dunno, running through the game again doesn't sound like a good solution to boredom for me. As it is, I only roll 1-2 new toons a year so I don't get too over-burned-out on lowbie content again.

Grind != Quest Content

I would think PrE's need the least testing compared to something extremely complicated like Reincarnation. Therefore they released it first. I bet we see some prestige classes in this update, just not on Lama yet.
    good at business

Talked with a dev ingame.

The update is complete. What you see there now, is what's going on live soon.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Oh that is sad and probably means no new prestige enhancements in the next 3 months, which i do not understand, because they have already released item sets for many prestige enhancements and should have completed most of them before they build the item sets.
    Last edited by Mjesko; 10-20-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Thumbs down Boo.

"Monks? No those arn't in game yet.."

Thats my opinion of how the devs see monks. We wont see their capstone for a long time. Try next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Whooops. We clearly were out of line with several of these ingredients. Including items like Dreamspitter and Chattering Ring is an embarrasing error on our part and was in no way intentional.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator_206 View Post
    Thats my opinion of how the devs see monks. We wont see their capstone for a long time.
    The monk class was the first to have a capstone released.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

okay, must have missed on how they craft the extra potential on dream weapons, here I was holding out for another raid to be key piece

I'm all for more everything. More quests, Epic this, Reincarnation that.

However,

It has been almost a year since they release the PrEs that would be coming into the game. The released a few finished ones but there are still many more to be put into the game and some that need finishing.

It is nice to see all the new projects that i'm sure is taking up developers time, but how about FINISHING projects before starting new ones.

I for one would like to see the rest of the classes have thier finishing touches. And adding in the rest of the PrEs is in a sense releasing new content. Something that every player will enjoy and look forward to playing around with.

So lets see em soon Devs.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Yeah, I'd try to get a couple out this mod if you can.

Maybe just the bard ones? Or just the monk ones. Something that says one of them is close.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbryan2 View Post
    Yeah, I'd try to get a couple out this mod if you can.

Maybe just the bard ones? Or just the monk ones. Something that says one of them is close.
    Just one? Now way jose! I say lets get them all out there. Let the Lamannian/ML/ect ect gamers test them out and lets get'm LIVE!

The one thing Turbine does have is a large supply of players happy to give feedback. Post em and lets get these PrEs rolling.

Heh, one. Funny stuff bob. But lets not give the Devs or anyone else at Turbine the idea that 1 is good.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

So let me ask this then. How long are you willing to wait for them to get the PrE's right before they release anything?
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast