Community Member

Default Striding/Monk Speed/Longstrider, do they stack?

Simple question, I've heard too many answers. I'd love a definitive one. Which, if any, stack with which?

monk speed boosts from leveling stack with striding gear (<3 my quicksilver cassok)

since i don't know what longstrider is, can't comment on that.
    Rule one: never act incautiously when confronting a little bald wrinkly smiling old man. ~ Terry Pratchett

longstrider is the same bonus as striding from items or haste, so doesnt stack
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

If your a human monk with least dragon mark of passage ... Yes your expeditious retreat buff stacks with monk speed and striding items . Haste's movement speed boost componet stacks as well ...

Quote Originally Posted by Xeriphim View Post
    If your a human monk with least dragon mark of passage ... Yes your expeditious retreat buff stacks with monk speed and striding items . Haste's movement speed boost componet stacks as well ...
    exp retreat doesnt stack with items
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Community Member

Awesome, thanks so much every one of you for responding so quickly!

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Xeriphim View Post
    Haste +40% Movement
    Longstrider +15%
    Expeditious Retreat +20% Movement
    Striding ITems +5% - +30%

do NOT Stack together. only the highest applies.

THey do however stack with Monk base speed increase, Barbarian Base Speed Increase.

WHich also stacks with Ranger and Barb Movement Enhancement Boosts

ACrobat Speed Increase stacks inthere somewhere as well, but not sure exactly where.. My Acrobat Rogue/Barb is rediculous fast....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

So we've gathered that monk fast movement stacks with expeditious retreat or a striding item, but they don't stack with each other.
    Say you have a level 20 monk with a 30% (technically 24%) striding item equipped, do these stack with the 30% movement speed from Grandmaster of Flowers ED?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatConnerGuy View Post
    So we've gathered that monk fast movement stacks with expeditious retreat or a striding item, but they don't stack with each other.
    Say you have a level 20 monk with a 30% (technically 24%) striding item equipped, do these stack with the 30% movement speed from Grandmaster of Flowers ED?
    No, I don't think so.

It may have at the start of EDs.

I leveled a monk in GMoF as my first epic and got that feature and was zipping around like a madman.

Then I TRed and when I got back to the ED it seemed to not add anything to my speed unless I removed my striders.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps.

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    No, I don't think so.

It may have at the start of EDs.

I leveled a monk in GMoF as my first epic and got that feature and was zipping around like a madman.

Then I TRed and when I got back to the ED it seemed to not add anything to my speed unless I removed my striders.
    I take this seeing as it's 3% doublestrike. I guess i've freed up another slot then, no more striders for me.

So, don't get me wrong, I'd be interested to know this as well; but really - once you get to that point on a monk, does it really matter, lol? My frakkin' monk outruns my monitor refresh rate as it is (/hyperbole)

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    So, don't get me wrong, I'd be interested to know this as well; but really - once you get to that point on a monk, does it really matter, lol? My frakkin' monk outruns my monitor refresh rate as it is (/hyperbole)
    I know exactly what you mean, I have a 20 human monk so i'm wondering how fast a halfling is. My game tends to gimp when i run in a public area with the pendant of time and abundant step. I think at this point it just about the speed you can atain.
    IDEA: Turbine should start weekly races around the harbor! See who can make the fastest hybrid.

Community Member
    My toon: Agthorr on Khyber

Community Member

30% (technically 24%) striding item
    Turbine fixed the run speed on striding items in U16. They now give the full advertised speed bonus.
    My toon: Agthorr on Khyber